Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 05-03-2009, 10:48 PM   #191
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Oh yeh and I'm gnna go through my tool boxes and gonna consolidate them into one box with one of each tool ( I have like 10 socket sets mixed together), plus a crate or so of power tools so that we can pretty much do any repairs that we need to do down there.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:42 PM   #192
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Ok, for now, this looks like it will be my route

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...e=UTF8&t=h&z=7
I think thats our route too, I know were going 66 to 81 and going south.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:51 PM   #193
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Yeh it looks like the best route to me, avoids DC traffic, most miles on highways, and through fairly unpopulated areas
Old 05-03-2009, 11:53 PM   #194
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Yeh it looks like the best route to me, avoids DC traffic, most miles on highways, and through fairly unpopulated areas
yeppers. I also have the mapquest route printed just in case. I guess as it gets closer let us know how wed will be shaping up for you. I still got a ton of stuff to do and to top it off will be battling the LL over some stuff. gonna be a fun 2 days thats for sure.

tom
Old 05-04-2009, 12:13 AM   #195
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Im with Tommy...I want to Ride it...I dunno just somethign to tell myself I have accomplished in life...Plus Im kinda excited to do it...If you want to let us know where you are thats perfectly fine...We should be good to go for the most part...Tommy I assume you have a good idea fo where we need to go without using a GPS or looking at Directions the whole way???

But as stated...Let us know for sure what your plans are...As of right now Im set to meet Tommy over the DE Memorial Bridge around 12 Midnight Wednesday Night...Then we will set out from there.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:33 AM   #196
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Im with Tommy...I want to Ride it...I dunno just somethign to tell myself I have accomplished in life...Plus Im kinda excited to do it...If you want to let us know where you are thats perfectly fine...We should be good to go for the most part...Tommy I assume you have a good idea fo where we need to go without using a GPS or looking at Directions the whole way???

But as stated...Let us know for sure what your plans are...As of right now Im set to meet Tommy over the DE Memorial Bridge around 12 Midnight Wednesday Night...Then we will set out from there.
I just have the mapquest directions. what I can do is charge up and bring my gps, it has about 4 hrs of use on a charge. I figure there are a few big chunks of hwy riding so thats rather easy but theres some turns in GA so we will need to keep a closer eye on things. I figure by then we will have all met up and we can put the gps in derfs truck if he doesnt have one.

tom
Old 05-04-2009, 12:36 AM   #197
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Got ya...I was gonna print out a set to just to have as well...And Its looking light it might be somewhat wet on the ride down...Which Im hoping is Scattered showers and nto Rain the whole way...but whatever, Im in for whatever gets thrown at me...As much as I HATE rain riding...if its not Poouring Ill be ok. And the forecast will probably change six more times before we actually leave.

Im all packed...Its on the bike but Im gonna re secure the tailbag...I was rushing before work today and didnt tie things down like I wanted to...I gotta get some longer Bungees and I should be good to go...Just waiting on Wednesday to get here.

And I belive Derf has a GPS.

Also...Anyone ever used Rain x on there Visor??? I was thinking of getting some to help with the Wet stuff incase It does rain...

Nvm...I found a Product that got decent reviews...Call Nikwax...Gonna pick it up at an LL Bean tommorrow before work...

Last edited by Sixxxxer; 05-04-2009 at 12:55 AM..
Sixxxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:27 AM   #198
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Got ya...I was gonna print out a set to just to have as well...And Its looking light it might be somewhat wet on the ride down...Which Im hoping is Scattered showers and nto Rain the whole way...but whatever, Im in for whatever gets thrown at me...As much as I HATE rain riding...if its not Poouring Ill be ok. And the forecast will probably change six more times before we actually leave.

Im all packed...Its on the bike but Im gonna re secure the tailbag...I was rushing before work today and didnt tie things down like I wanted to...I gotta get some longer Bungees and I should be good to go...Just waiting on Wednesday to get here.

And I belive Derf has a GPS.

Also...Anyone ever used Rain x on there Visor??? I was thinking of getting some to help with the Wet stuff incase It does rain...

Nvm...I found a Product that got decent reviews...Call Nikwax...Gonna pick it up at an LL Bean tommorrow before work...
I also go tthos elittle rubber wiper blade type things you put on your left thumb so i will put an extra one in my bag just in case

man I got a long 2 days ahraed of me here with packing and getting ready.

tom
Old 05-04-2009, 10:15 AM   #199
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Thats awesome...Thanks Again...I got a makeshift rain gear setup...Mesh type pants to wear over my jeans and my medium weight jacket that repels water pretty good...Running to the store now to get that Nikwax...and Look for some waterproof gloves...Fuck this last minute shit...Lol

Every forecast I see is saying Scattered showers for wednesday night...so I think the further south we get the better the weather will get ( I hope )
Old 05-04-2009, 12:27 PM   #200
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Thats awesome...Thanks Again...I got a makeshift rain gear setup...Mesh type pants to wear over my jeans and my medium weight jacket that repels water pretty good...Running to the store now to get that Nikwax...and Look for some waterproof gloves...Fuck this last minute shit...Lol

Every forecast I see is saying Scattered showers for wednesday night...so I think the further south we get the better the weather will get ( I hope )
I think we will be ok the way its looking. Made some progress today, chain is all put back togetherand I will get the bike inspected tomorrow. The LL came over and we had it out again so that killed some of my day. I did however manage to run some errands and more importantly get the beer.

So tomorrow I get the bike inspected and do a good once over and finish packing.

Tom