Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-19-2009, 03:40 PM   #31
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
Also, the magnet thread may have been mine. It works good on most lights but there is still one that it does NOT work with. I even added two big cow magnets to the one I purchased off ebay. I still sit and wait for traffic or after a long wait, "run" the red light ( safely).

Jeff
Try passing the magnet over where the wire runs(like rolling the bike over the spot in the road). Oh, make sure n/s is pointed up/down(actually I'm not sure if this or n/s pointing front/back would be better).

That should change the inductance as much as a magnet can.

Tig, did you guys wave the magnet over the wire bundle?
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #32
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
I did not call or infer you were "stupid". My entire point was learning the correct way before you pick up bad habits.

I see you learned from an experienced craftsman. That equates to "school"

Also, the magnet thread may have been mine. It works good on most lights but there is still one that it does NOT work with. I even added two big cow magnets to the one I purchased off ebay. I still sit and wait for traffic or after a long wait, "run" the red light ( safely).

Jeff
Well, I read and taught myself to weld good enough for around the house type welding. When I hired in, I told the boss that I needed classes to be able to weld in heavy equipment and he was like "Nah you'll learn". The guy that taught me had never even seen a welder before working for this company.

Oh no it was before all of you guys joined. In the past I had a speaker magnet mounted in the belly pan of my bike and it always worked. I won't argue for the effectiveness of the small, so-called super magnets because they don't work. I tried it and yep, still running lights! In fact, I had to run two last night! I have some old speakers from a truck, so when I install my new body kit, I'm going to put a couple of those in the belly pan. I'm hoping for positive results.

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 06-19-2009 at 04:23 PM..
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:18 PM   #33
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
Try passing the magnet over where the wire runs(like rolling the bike over the spot in the road). Oh, make sure n/s is pointed up/down(actually I'm not sure if this or n/s pointing front/back would be better).

That should change the inductance as much as a magnet can.

Tig, did you guys wave the magnet over the wire bundle?
Oh yea, you have to place it where the wires run for sure! Although one of our crews used a magnet off a 15" sub woofer that they could place anywhere within a foot of the loop and get it to trigger! It all depends on how the loop was installed (cut in or poured in with the cement), where you set the sensitivity, and what type of controller you used. With the right circumstances, I gotten a loop to trigger off a kid's bicycle.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote