Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 11-28-2009, 09:22 PM   #1
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes
Default Don't look at the bikes

On Thanksgiving, it was in the 60's and my friend Dean and I went riding up Lookout Mountain. He was in the lead going up. He can pull wheelies coming out of the switchbacks. Big deal. He has to let up to steer and that's when I catch up.

We hung out at the top, then I was in the lead coming down. I like that much better. I can just look ahead to the curves instead of looking at his bike and the road. We come up to a blind corner and there are about 20 sport bikes parked on an overlook. All of the riders turn to look at us as we come around the corner.

I can see all their eyes. I can even identify several bikes. DON'T LOOK AT THE BIKES, I think to myself as the road bends in the opposite direction. Wait, that was one of those Ducati Xerox 999's. I know that rider.

Luckily I snapped out of it. I was already hanging off the other side of the bike, so I turned my head away from the bikes and swept around the turn. I hate letting myself get distracted like that.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:37 PM   #2
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

lol I know what you mean, I came upon a group of sportbikes at the gas station as I was going by, I was looking to see if I recognized any of them, kept telling myself to stop looking at them.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote