Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Moto: 2000 Honda Magna 750

This is the worst.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:13 PM   #32
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

My vote is the B-King. Be damn careful on that throttle, or you're DONE. 1/8-1/2 turn is insane. WOT is afterburner on the SR-71. Brakes are just as good.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:21 PM   #33
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
but even in the right hands a plated CR500X could kill you.
Haha. Didn't think about that. Yeah those are stupid fast...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JBBoJQehzpA
Old 07-02-2008, 11:30 PM   #34
PT996S
The Wanderer!

Moto: Ducati 996S, Ducati Monster 620, CRF450X, TTR125, CRF80, CRF50

To play devils advocate....

Maybe the worst beginners bike is one that is too tame and instills a pre-mature sense of confidence! Such as the before mentioned 65Hp SV650 or any small hp twin (Monster, EX500, GS500). I have seen plenty of people get really F~ed up on those little bikes in Europe just as fast as the big bikes. And if you get yourself into a bad "Damn I really wish I had another 20hp to make this pass before the bus coming the other way makes me a greasy spot" situations the low HP, low tech bikes can be worse.

Not to meantion, they give up so much on the braking and suspension technology. So that in bad corner ing situations that a top end I4 600 could handle because of their race breed heritage and relatively tweeked brakes and suspension. The little low dollar "beginner bikes" end up being really unforgiving of rookie mistakes like jabbing the brake or a rapid line change and now your in the weeds or guardrail.

Am I wrong?
PT996S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:59 AM   #35
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT996S View Post

Maybe the worst beginners bike is one that is too tame and instills a pre-mature sense of confidence! Such as the before mentioned 65Hp SV650 or any small hp twin (Monster, EX500, GS500). I have seen plenty of people get really F~ed up on those little bikes in Europe just as fast as the big bikes. And if you get yourself into a bad "Damn I really wish I had another 20hp to make this pass before the bus coming the other way makes me a greasy spot" situations the low HP, low tech bikes can be worse.

Not to meantion, they give up so much on the braking and suspension technology. So that in bad corner ing situations that a top end I4 600 could handle because of their race breed heritage and relatively tweeked brakes and suspension. The little low dollar "beginner bikes" end up being really unforgiving of rookie mistakes like jabbing the brake or a rapid line change and now your in the weeds or guardrail.

Am I wrong?

I tried the brakes/suspension argument on the old forum.... good luck buddy! Oh and to start it off,a SV650 still makes enough power to make a pass quicker than any typical passenger car. You can get yourself in a passing situation that having a jet pack won't get you out of if you try hard enough.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:13 PM   #36
Shift
Just a Noob

Moto: 08 Green 6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT996S View Post

Am I wrong?
Yes, you are. If your having trouble passing a car with one of the above mentioned bikes you are doing either two things. 1) Speeding above the posted speed limit, because the highest rural road is only 65mph and I KNOW any of those bikes can sling you by a car in a second or two because my little old 250 could jump 65-80 pretty quick. or 2) Driving like an ass and trying to make a pass when you really should just wait a few seconds, wait for the apposing car to go by, the proceed to pass the car in front of you. And as for the suspension line, gotta raise the bs flag. Sure they can't compare to the race replicas, but their not as bad as you think. And that throttle and front brake is a lot damn more forgiving

Last edited by Shift; 07-03-2008 at 12:18 PM..
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:50 PM   #37
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1up0n1 View Post
That they are...I think stock the damn thing only outs out 65hp
My bike only puts out @ 30hp and I'll absolutely SMOKE ya through the twisties

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:44 PM   #38
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
My bike only puts out @ 30hp and I'll absolutely SMOKE ya through the twisties
Which one?

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:34 PM   #39
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

The SuMo

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:44 AM   #40
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
My vote is the B-King. Be damn careful on that throttle, or you're DONE. 1/8-1/2 turn is insane. WOT is afterburner on the SR-71. Brakes are just as good.
aka the naked busa?
just curious-
why the b-king over the busa?