Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 10-17-2009, 04:33 PM   #101
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
If that's the case I'm buying one !!
FUCK YEA! That would be a great bike for my girlfriend!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 04:40 PM   #102
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
FUCK YEA! That would be a great bike for my girlfriend!!!
quiet you!
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #103
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
quiet you!

Naw for real! An 1125 for $4000? Heck, yea that would kick fucking ass! I honestly feel bad for the people that lost their jobs and I know that this will be a touchy subject for Buell and Harley faithful. believe it or not, I don't want to get into a pissing match with Buell lovers but if you take some time to check my replys to Fat Bastards Buell for sale threads you'll notice that I foresaw this very thing months ago... I knew that there was no fucking way that dealers had that many damn bikes on the lot without there being a major problem. The guys I feel sorry for, are the ones that bought one of these bikes at the beginning of the year or a few months ago for anything approaching retail. That would have to REALLY suck!!! Shit I get pissed if I fill my tank and gas goes down 2 cents a gallon!!!!

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 10-17-2009 at 05:00 PM..
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:01 PM   #104
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Naw for real! An 1125 for $4000? Heck, yea that would kick fucking ass! I honestly feel bad for the people that lost their jobs and I know that this will be a touchy subject for Buell and Harley faithful. believe it or not, I don't want to get into a pissing match with Buell lovers but if you take some time to check my replys to Fat Bastards Buell for sale threads you'll notice that I foresaw this very thing months ago... I knew that there was no fucking way that dealers had that many damn bikes on the lot without there being a major problem. The guys I feel sorry for, are the ones that bought one of these bikes at the beginning of the year or a few months ago for anything approaching retail. That would have to REALLY suck!!! Shit I get pissed if I fill my tank and gas goes down 2 cents a gallon!!!!

i hear you man but imagine the shitstorm when she jumps right over 600s to an 1125! i mean it may not be much quicker than one but you now its comin!

:P :P :P
TWF Post whore #6
Old 10-17-2009, 06:11 PM   #105
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Shit... does that mean like 11 of you motherfuckers are going to be rockin' the CR's I yearn for?
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:59 PM   #106
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
I saw a buell dealership in WI has the 1125R's on sale for $3,995
You cannot be serious?

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #107
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
whats ignorant here? i rode it. it revs slooooooow. whole bike feels maybe 600 fast at best
They dont reve slow nor do they rev high. They dont need to. Keep riding your inline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Just because you don't like the truth, doesn't mean it's ignorance. What exactly don't you agree with?
You f'in people speak about things you know nothing about. You have not read a contract, do not know the agreements between Erik and HD about Buell. Most of the nay sayers haven't even rode one. And if they did, they didn't understand how to make the bike perform. Bitching about things they know nothing about. Then some come in here with some holly then thou attitude. As if their bikes dont have downfalls, break downs, etc. No bike is perfect. The buells inspired passion and yes some level of cult type following. Why cult like following... cause they were different and had to constantly defend their standing. That type of life brings upon calluses and a ruff exterior towards people that go against their grain (which I admit may be against the normal grain).

I'm simply amazed at the ignorant on goings that some people spew from their mouths.

I for one went to the dealer today. Sat on a 1125. What a nice bike. Its freakin sad. I feel like a family member died. I picked up 2 buell shirts before they are all gone. Told the parts guys I want one of the buell signs for the garage.

At the end of the day. Its simply typicall of a primarly sportbike site. Dis the non-rice bike. What the fuck ever.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product

Last edited by Gas Man; 10-17-2009 at 07:34 PM..
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #108
pdog
Refugee

Moto: Pimped 2005 SV650

Are you not aware that this is an Internet forum, and all that that entails?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I'm simply amazed at the ignorant on goings that some people spew from their mouths.

At the end of the day. Its simply typicall of a primarly sportbike site. Dis the non-rice bike. What the fuck ever.
pdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:47 PM   #109
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Damn. I had no idea HD owned or bought MV. News to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
Benelli will likely get shucked off by it's Indonesian benefactor and won't likely find a buyer
Since when are we talking about guns here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog View Post
Yep, this has been rumored for the last few weeks:

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news...omment-page-1/

XR1200 racing strikes me as very close to NASCAR for motorcycles...
DMG has completely ruined AMA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Not sure if this has been posted yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5i7JDNACtI
He looks worn out, defeated, whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog View Post
Google "Roehr". Conventional wisdom is that the engine's too heavy.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/16/438...irst-Ride.aspx
I kind of like the looks of this bike, would have to see it in person and sit on it at the very least to know if I truly like it.

It is sad that they have to close and people have to lose their jobs.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:00 PM   #110
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
They dont reve slow nor do they rev high. They dont need to. Keep riding your inline.

You f'in people speak about things you know nothing about. You have not read a contract, do not know the agreements between Erik and HD about Buell. Most of the nay sayers haven't even rode one. And if they did, they didn't understand how to make the bike perform. Bitching about things they know nothing about. Then some come in here with some holly then thou attitude. As if their bikes dont have downfalls, break downs, etc. No bike is perfect. The buells inspired passion and yes some level of cult type following. Why cult like following... cause they were different and had to constantly defend their standing. That type of life brings upon calluses and a ruff exterior towards people that go against their grain (which I admit may be against the normal grain).

I for one went to the dealer today. Sat on a 1125. What a nice bike. Its freakin sad. I feel like a family member died. I picked up 2 buell shirts before they are all gone. Told the parts guys I want one of the buell signs for the garage.

#1 9k isint high? sure you were on the right bike?
#2 the argument was whether the 1130 could cut it as a sportsbike motor. and considering its overall weight, internals weight, and output thats a big fat no. even erik said so.
TWF Post whore #6