Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Southeast Riders > Florida Riders

Old 12-02-2008, 08:24 AM   #1091
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
The perscription pills aren't much better for me either. I was on Ambien briefly and it was a fucking awful experience. I'd hallucinate, then pass out in a random room of the apartment, and then wake up about four hours later still exhausted, unable to focus or concentrate, and half zombied out for about another three hours. I recently tried something else (rozerum? something like that) that was completely fucking useless. I got about an two hour sort of sleep from it and had a strange dull tingling in my body for the rest of the day. No thanks. The only one that worked for me was Restoril. That one worked perfect. Take that, get to bed quick and be out for a solid 8 hours, then wake up without the medication hangover.
Damn dude. Can you not get back on Restoril? Or is it like most stuff that really works & been taken off the market?

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:30 AM   #1092
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Damn dude. Can you not get back on Restoril? Or is it like most stuff that really works & been taken off the market?
Actually, I don't need the stuff anymore. Most nights I sleep fine now. I was on the pills during a really rough spot in my life where I wasn't sleeping and it was literally making me crazy. I'm nicely past all that shit now, so most of my nights are all natural sleep. I fucking HATE taking any kinda pills, so it's only in a must take situation where I will take any kinda pill, so if I have one crappy night outta a bunch, I can live with that.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:43 AM   #1093
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Actually, I don't need the stuff anymore. Most nights I sleep fine now. I was on the pills during a really rough spot in my life where I wasn't sleeping and it was literally making me crazy. I'm nicely past all that shit now, so most of my nights are all natural sleep. I fucking HATE taking any kinda pills, so it's only in a must take situation where I will take any kinda pill, so if I have one crappy night outta a bunch, I can live with that.
Same here And I bet the rough spot you speak of is the same as mine too.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Myspace
Old 12-02-2008, 08:59 AM   #1094
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Same here And I bet the rough spot you speak of is the same as mine too.
I went through the big D and I don't mean Dallas.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Old 12-02-2008, 09:05 AM   #1095
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
I went through the big D and I don't mean Dallas.
Yep. I got dumped after 7 years because I couldn't spawn (and he knew this before he asked me to marry him). My knight in shining armour turned out to be a loser in tin foil.

But, hey....I walked away with 4 bikes. I think I got a good trade.

Quote:
Myspace
Old 12-02-2008, 09:14 AM   #1096
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Yep. I got dumped after 7 years because I couldn't spawn (and he knew this before he asked me to marry him). My knight in shining armour turned out to be a loser in tin foil.

But, hey....I walked away with 4 bikes. I think I got a good trade.
I'll trade ya being shithouse mental for your four bikes.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:23 AM   #1097
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
I'll trade ya being shithouse mental for your four bikes.
Ha! If I didn't have the bikes (I sold one & still have a dirt bike, a pocketbike, & mainly ride the SV) & riding, I'd be mental. Riding is my therapy & my means of sanity. I'll pass on that trade.

Quote:
Myspace
Old 12-02-2008, 09:27 AM   #1098
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Ha! If I didn't have the bikes (I sold one & still have a dirt bike, a pocketbike, & mainly ride the SV) & riding, I'd be mental. Riding is my therapy & my means of sanity. I'll pass on that trade.
Bikes were (and still kinda are) outta my budget, so it's the mind destroying beauty of video games for me. After the divorce, I got an Xbox360. After the recent split about a month and a half ago, I bought a PS3, PSP, and Nintendo DS. I'm just going to write off the excess spending on the PSP and DS as preventative measures. And what do you know, I'm not all that mental so it must be working.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:57 AM   #1099
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Bikes were (and still kinda are) outta my budget, so it's the mind destroying beauty of video games for me. After the divorce, I got an Xbox360. After the recent split about a month and a half ago, I bought a PS3, PSP, and Nintendo DS. I'm just going to write off the excess spending on the PSP and DS as preventative measures. And what do you know, I'm not all that mental so it must be working.
I used to have a PSP....but I'm just not a gamer.... ...unless we're talking Diablo then I can stay up for days...literally. The teens have almost every gaming console made, including my Atari (hush!) & I just don't get interested in them.

Now riding...it's another story. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten restless in the middle of the night (when it's warmer & I'm not working)0b went riding. It's like therapy for my soul.

Quote:
Myspace
Old 12-02-2008, 10:04 AM   #1100
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I used to have a PSP....but I'm just not a gamer.... ...unless we're talking Diablo then I can stay up for days...literally. The teens have almost every gaming console made, including my Atari (hush!) & I just don't get interested in them.

Now riding...it's another story. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten restless in the middle of the night (when it's warmer & I'm not working)0b went riding. It's like therapy for my soul.
I play a decent bit, but it was actually my therapist who suggested video games as a means of therapy. His explaination was that it would give me something that would actively focus my mind on something other than the divorce and would give me a break from everything that I locked my mind into. When I was done playing, it would also help me to get a moment to rationally look at the situation from a refreshed perspective rather than seeing things from the one perspective I was trapped in. He didn't specifically say 'go buy and xbox', rather implied getting a new game for the systems I already had, but regardless, the guy was right. It was the mental break I needed at a time when all I could think about was how completely fucking miserable I was. Any moment I wasn't thinking about the divorce was fucking magic at the time.