Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-04-2009, 12:10 PM   #111
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
A suck ass street bike? I'm going to go way out on a limb here and say you've never ridden one.
Of course I've ridden one and several other enduros. I owned a DRZ400E for several years and it plain sucked as a street bike. Do you claim that your WR is as competent of a street bike as mine? Would you like to take it on a 1,000 mile trip on the freeway? Or that it's as awesome of a dirt bike as a RMZ450 for example? I don't remember anyone riding it in the MX class this year... Maybe I missed that. Right.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:13 PM   #112
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
There's a vast amount of difference between 20mph and 30 or 45 mph. Yes, I think you're wrong about jeans, especially of the sort made for a female which tend to be weaker and thinner due to the need to stretch around a female's supple ass.

And I don't think you care about what I wear when I ride. But only one of us made a post titled, "My girlfriend is a squid"

True, it's supposed to be a joke of sorts... We have a difference of opinion. I think that ANYTHING is better than nothing and you and your boyfriend do not agree with me. Okay. As far as I'm concerned if it keeps the asphalt away from my skin for even 1" during a slide, it was better than nothing.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #113
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Of course I've ridden one and several other enduros. I owned a DRZ400E for several years and it plain sucked as a street bike. Do you claim that your WR is as competent of a street bike as mine? Would you like to take it on a 1,000 mile trip on the freeway? Or that it's as awesome of a dirt bike as a RMZ450 for example? I don't remember anyone riding it in the MX class this year... Maybe I missed that. Right.
When did I ever say it was an mx bike? I said it allows me to ride all the pavement on the planet as well as exploring the back woods. Let's see your sportbike do that. It's a much better street bike than the DRZ . . . and a better dirt bike for that matter.

I did 500 miles on it this past weekend. Is that good enough for you?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470289

And about the same mileage last month on a trip.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=456047

Last edited by Krabill; 06-04-2009 at 12:19 PM..
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:17 PM   #114
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
If you're talking mx bike sure, but you can get a damn fine enduro that can the licensed.
Sure and it will be a competent street bike but it won't compare to an actual street bike IMHO. Especially a 250 4 stroke, are you kidding me?
Old 06-04-2009, 12:22 PM   #115
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
When did I ever say it was an mx bike? I said it allows me to ride all the pavement on the planet as well as exploring the back woods. Let's see your sportbike do that. It's a much better street bike than the DRZ . . . and a better dirt bike for that matter.

I did 500 miles on it this past weekend. Is that good enough for you?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470289
The question is, is that good enough for YOU. I don't care what you ride, I don't care what you wear when you ride, I really don't care what you do period. I just wanted to post some pics of my gf and not be told I was stupid for letting her wear jeans when we ride. BTW were you wearing full, armored gear during that 500 mile ride?
Old 06-04-2009, 12:25 PM   #116
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Tigger, SIMMER DOWN...

Geesh, I feel like I'm scolding my cat everytime I type that.. Next I'm gonna threaten to spray you with the water bottle.
Meow! Oh yea hose me down!!! Hey he took it to bikes with the "I wouldn't want to be stuck with just a street bike" crap. Seriously, the guy is riding a WR250 and trying to give ME advice on what gear I should wear... give me a break.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #117
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

Quote:
BTW were you wearing full, armored gear during that 500 mile ride?
Yeah. Why is that so funny? There are pictures in the ride report.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #118
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Moto: 05 GSXR 750 & 06 YZ250F

Quote:
T. I just wanted to post some pics of my gf and not be told I was stupid for letting her wear jeans when we ride.
Welcome to the internet where everything you do and post about will be up for ridicule/debate/applause from all...... Thanks for playing...
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #119
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

you know what really sucks is she must be awful damn fine to go through this much crap just to post her pics and I can't even see 'em. damn censors.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #120
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Just for fun . . . sittin' here at my desk . . .

Let's go out in the hall. Oh, look, there's some riding gear. Jacket, pants, and even some riding boots. Helmet and gloves must be in the closet.

Turn around and look out the window . . . hmmm . . .

What's that? A sucky ass street bike . . .

Kinda hard to see and it's only 3 months old, but it's got 3,465 miles on it so far.

I'm glad that YOU like it but that thing has got to blow on the freeway! I mean really, what's top speed 65mph? F-man's scooter would blow that thing away!