Old 12-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #131
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
I know. I just like saying that to the tune of 'Ghostbusters.'

And I used to swim, a little.
Speaking of that, and totally off topic, I heard GB3 is a-go finally...
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:09 PM   #132
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Oh I only compete with other men where it actually matters, in combat. But feel free to be thinking about your awesome bench numbers while you're passing out...

No bench is by far my worst exercise, no doubt. I'm 5'11" with a 6'2" wingspan and a narrow frame so its a motherfucker. Its been a frustrating battle to get to 225, no doubt!
Long, lean, perfect for jits. Me, stubby, fat, but my guard... Im a muthafuckin boat anchor. LoL
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #133
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Speaking of that, and totally off topic, I heard GB3 is a-go finally...
Ugh' either a shitty rehash or a fuckton of non-funny age jokes... They missed the boat one this franchise.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:21 AM   #134
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

You young-ins and yer play fighting.
Pricey specialty gyms is all I see.

I'll stick to my runnin and liftin.
I prefer my man sweat to be my own. Not someone elses off a fucking mat in a $100-$150 a month gym.

I'm only 5'9 so I compensate with good posture and lifting.
Casual about the whole thing and I'm perfectly fine with 315lb across the board (bench\squat\deadlift give or take 20lbs in either direction on any set)
I'm about 175lbs-185lbs now.
Not interested in becoming huge since I'm pushing 40 and I'd rather just stay in shape.
Finally got into the whole running thing and have been running my 5k's in the 23-24 minute range.

It's a bit hard with the weights since I lifts alone. Have been incorporating cross fit exercises into my routine but I can't bring myself to adopt that slap happy form cross fitters seem to rock.
Just might set some goals in this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:05 AM   #135
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
I ran the NYC marathon when I was 42. Now I'm pushing 63 and doing a bunch of lifting.

Have you ever seen an older gentleman with no ass? Just a flat nothing? It's not funny. Here's one of the biggest muscles in the body and it has atrophied from lack of use. You can imagine what his other muscles look like. I don't want that to happen to me.

I do deadlifts and benches, but my favorites are dips and the clean and press. I also like planks. I can do one for three minutes, no where near the record of an hour and a half. I also do yoga every day. It helps my flexibility and balance, which are important for riding.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #136
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
You young-ins and yer play fighting.
Pricey specialty gyms is all I see.

I prefer my man sweat to be my own. Not someone elses off a fucking mat in a $100-$150 a month gym.
I have access to a full blown gym AND I'm learning something... My $97/mo is well worth it IMHO.

Everyone always focuses on the dude/sweat contact and the reality is that shit only matters from an observational standpoint. Come to my gym and I'll set you up with a 5'4", 130lb, 20 year old kid and we'll see how much you think about man sweat and dude contact.

For me, the exercise is pretty far down on the list of why I train. I've always had a fascination with martial arts and I've recognized just how helpless most people are (myself included) if attacked. I've been in fights and if someone was keeping score, I have a winning record... that said, I never had any fucking idea what I was doing - mostly, was just very lucky.

The first time I trained live with someone, I was tapped so quickly I had no idea how to even process what happened... That was just a normal dude who's been training a couple of years... things are a bit different now, though I am still relatively useless, I don't get tapped very often unless I get overly aggressive.

It's also fun... I'm competitive and I need an outlet that engages my mind. Standard exercise bores the living fuck out of me and takes way too long to get 'a win' (a better time, longer distance, more reps, higher weight, etc). When I train I get that satisfaction... a win. Whether it's learning a new technique, having a technique click in my head, correcting a mistake, defending a strong attack, or tapping someone... I get that win almost every day.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #137
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
I'm the office manager at the Jiu Jitsu school I train at. We have 4 paid instructors and 3 full-time employees. With the $99-$149 we charge a month and 200 students we are just getting by...those schools aren't ripping anyone off, they're charging what they need to in order to stay open.

As far as you paying $100 a month...actually being able to kill 95% of the male population in your area with your bare hands is completely priceless IMO. ESPECIALLY if you have a family or girlfriend/wife to worry about. Weights and running don't make your body hard, increase reflex time or anything of the sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I have access to a full blown gym AND I'm learning something... My $97/mo is well worth it IMHO.

Everyone always focuses on the dude/sweat contact and the reality is that shit only matters from an observational standpoint. Come to my gym and I'll set you up with a 5'4", 130lb, 20 year old kid and we'll see how much you think about man sweat and dude contact.

For me, the exercise is pretty far down on the list of why I train. I've always had a fascination with martial arts and I've recognized just how helpless most people are (myself included) if attacked. I've been in fights and if someone was keeping score, I have a winning record... that said, I never had any fucking idea what I was doing - mostly, was just very lucky.

The first time I trained live with someone, I was tapped so quickly I had no idea how to even process what happened... That was just a normal dude who's been training a couple of years... things are a bit different now, though I am still relatively useless, I don't get tapped very often unless I get overly aggressive.

It's also fun... I'm competitive and I need an outlet that engages my mind. Standard exercise bores the living fuck out of me and takes way too long to get 'a win' (a better time, longer distance, more reps, higher weight, etc). When I train I get that satisfaction... a win. Whether it's learning a new technique, having a technique click in my head, correcting a mistake, defending a strong attack, or tapping someone... I get that win almost every day.
This is a great post man! People who have never rolled with competitive Jiu Jitsu guys have no idea there are guys like me and you out there that can just kill them without even having to breathe through our mouths. Completely effortlessly. I absolutely love tapping giant bodybuilders, Marines, Army Rangers and etc so easily and have them staring at me afterward like "What. The. Actual. Fuck???"

Hey have you ever shown up to class late and had to roll fresh with people that are already sweaty though? God its so nasty....hahahaha
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird

Last edited by Kaneman; 12-06-2012 at 09:19 AM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #138
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
I ran the NYC marathon when I was 42. Now I'm pushing 63 and doing a bunch of lifting.

Have you ever seen an older gentleman with no ass? Just a flat nothing? It's not funny. Here's one of the biggest muscles in the body and it has atrophied from lack of use. You can imagine what his other muscles look like. I don't want that to happen to me.

I do deadlifts and benches, but my favorites are dips and the clean and press. I also like planks. I can do one for three minutes, no where near the record of an hour and a half. I also do yoga every day. It helps my flexibility and balance, which are important for riding.

Are started doing clean and press about 3 months ago.
Love em.

I've been thinking about signing up for a yoga class.
Any class\activity with women wearing yoga pants = I'm open to it

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 12-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #139
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
I'm the office manager at the Jiu Jitsu school I train at. We have 4 paid instructors and 3 full-time employees. With the $99-$149 we charge a month and 200 students we are just getting by...those schools aren't ripping anyone off, they're charging what they need to in order to stay open.

As far as you paying $100 a month...actually being able to kill 95% of the male population in your area with your bare hands is completely priceless IMO. ESPECIALLY if you have a family or girlfriend/wife to worry about. Weights and running don't make your body hard, increase reflex time or anything of the sort.

This is a great post man! People who have never rolled with competitive Jiu Jitsu guys have no idea there are guys like me and you out there that can just kill them without even having to breathe through our mouths. Completely effortlessly. I absolutely love tapping giant bodybuilders, Marines, Army Rangers and etc so easily and have them staring at me afterward like "What. The. Actual. Fuck???"

Hey have you ever shown up to class late and had to roll fresh with people that are already sweaty though? God its so nasty....hahahaha
95%? Not me, not yet... lol. I think I've just gotten to the point in which I can most certainly kick your ass... if you don't know how to fight. If you've never trained, I'm going to give you problems for sure...

It does make you look at the world very, very differently... My observational skills have changed... It's weird... we don't really train for this stuff, but I see postures change and can tell when shit is about to go down... I can also see when someone is going to just bark and when someone is willing to bite. It's really sorta odd... kinda like that scene in the first Bourne movie (obviously not nearly at the same level)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8sQsZ5PYbo

And no, I never go to class late... pretty strict on the scheduling... come home, let the dogs out, change, leave, train, come home... That said, there are a couple of stinky dudes who I don't like to train with very often... two guys smell like onions when the sweat and one guy gets BO immediately... Nothing worse than the smell of a fabric softened gi and some BO. Needless to say, I pull guard and try very little to break their posture... lol
Old 12-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #140
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post

Quote:

Listen ya pair of fancy pants man grabbers, I didn't say it wasn't good or not worth it.
I'm just saying its outside my budget.

Listen Kaneman,
I'm happy for you that you can kill a man with your bare hands.
That doesn't change the fact that I have man sweat issues.
It's icky.

Quote: