Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-14-2010, 08:09 AM   #161
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I just watched the 2 most recent episodes. Plus they were on leno last night. It is a decent show. I just wish they had some military navy guys on board instead of just a bunch of hippies.

I will admit I enjoyed seeing them suceed when they had both boats on that factory boats ass!

I do agree with what they are doing. Whales shouldn't be hunted for any reason. Especially in a santuary. I just wish they had better/more agressive tactics.
Who says it's a "sanctuary" besides the whale people? Their tactics are enough to get themselves killed if I were on one of the other boats. They throw glass bottles at the Japanese ships and that alone would cause me to take action. Plus can't the acid in the bottles blind someone? The guys on these ships are just working fishermen no different than the Deadliest Catch guys. The japs are hunting whales within their quota and the law as it stands... I still don't see why whales have anymore right to live and not be eaten than crabs, lobsters, or any other animal?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #162
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Who says it's a "sanctuary" besides the whale people?
Australia. They really fuckin hate the japs for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:12 AM   #163
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6

Watched it last night. The Ady Gil got wrecked by one of the Jap boats.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #164
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
I still don't see why whales have anymore right to live and not be eaten than crabs, lobsters, or any other animal?
Yes you do.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:35 PM   #165
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Yes you do.
No I don't... why are whales any more important than any other animal on this planet? To me they are not. They are just another animal... Why don't these guys take all that money they are throwing away on following the fleet and use it to pay this company not to whale? Someone should start a whale farm or something, like they do catfish. Btw I know that whales are really big but seriously, $1,000,000? Can you imagine what that meat must cost per pound? Who the hell is buying this crap?

IMHO whaling is like drugs trafficking, if you REALLY want to put an end to it, you'll focus on eliminating the demand. No demand=no profit=no whaling. I still think they should talk these guys into going up against the crab guys or the lobster guys... Now that would be exciting!... for about 15 min until they got their boat sunk...

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 08-14-2010 at 03:40 PM..
Old 08-14-2010, 03:39 PM   #166
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Australia. They really fuckin hate the japs for this.
...and Australia controls the entire Southern Ocean around Antarctica? yea well, they'd better watch it, Japan done kicked their convict butts once or twice before! They can't fight giant robots with koala bears!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 04:08 PM   #167
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
No I don't... why are whales any more important than any other animal on this planet? To me they are not. They are just another animal... Why don't these guys take all that money they are throwing away on following the fleet and use it to pay this company not to whale? Someone should start a whale farm or something, like they do catfish. Btw I know that whales are really big but seriously, $1,000,000? Can you imagine what that meat must cost per pound? Who the hell is buying this crap?

IMHO whaling is like drugs trafficking, if you REALLY want to put an end to it, you'll focus on eliminating the demand. No demand=no profit=no whaling. I still think they should talk these guys into going up against the crab guys or the lobster guys... Now that would be exciting!... for about 15 min until they got their boat sunk...
Whales, dolphins, porpoises, orcas... They matter because, next to us, they're the most intelligent thing on the planet. They may be the closest thing to an intelligent alien species that we'll ever meet. They matter because any time that we bring another species to the brink of extinction, we're setting ourselves up for the same thing.

That "eliminating the demand" thing; so how's that working for you? Oh, right, it's made you the country with the highest percentage of its population in prison, in the developed world. Most of what is obtained from whales, can be produced for no greater cost artificially. Sometimes things have to be made to happen.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:45 PM   #168
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Whales, dolphins, porpoises, orcas... They matter because, next to us, they're the most intelligent thing on the planet. They may be the closest thing to an intelligent alien species that we'll ever meet. They matter because any time that we bring another species to the brink of extinction, we're setting ourselves up for the same thing.

That "eliminating the demand" thing; so how's that working for you? Oh, right, it's made you the country with the highest percentage of its population in prison, in the developed world. Most of what is obtained from whales, can be produced for no greater cost artificially. Sometimes things have to be made to happen.

I like when other people post my thoughts.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:04 PM   #169
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Whales, dolphins, porpoises, orcas... They matter because, next to us, they're the most intelligent thing on the planet. .
The problem there is you classified whales with dolphins. Dolphins are extremely smart creatures. I don't believe whales are all that smart. They seem to be a step above a whale shark but they need air. I haven't seen whales exhibit any intelligent actions above a bird. A monkey would for sure be much smarter than a whale.

The only thing that saves the whales from being fished like tuna is that people mistake whales for a dolphin. People actually think Shamu and Willy are whales. I can't remember the last time I saw a whale do tricks.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:28 PM   #170
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
The problem there is you classified whales with dolphins. Dolphins are extremely smart creatures. I don't believe whales are all that smart. They seem to be a step above a whale shark but they need air. I haven't seen whales exhibit any intelligent actions above a bird. A monkey would for sure be much smarter than a whale.

The only thing that saves the whales from being fished like tuna is that people mistake whales for a dolphin. People actually think Shamu and Willy are whales. I can't remember the last time I saw a whale do tricks.
A massive area of whales' brains is devoted to communication. They communicate over hundreds, perhaps thousands of miles. Whale Song is an intelligent action.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote