Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 07-03-2009, 01:26 PM   #11
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I'll ride as long as I can. Over 20 years so far.

Whenever I do give up riding I'll be that old grey headed guy that can barely walk...crawling out of the Viper...Cobra replica...911 Porsche or supercharged Vette I'm pretty sure.

I don't plan to ever give up performance vehicles.
Same here....
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #12
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Well, I've been riding for 24 years on and off. And I'm only 28..

Does that buy me a membership in the valued opinion category?

Aside from that, I would like to say its a big part of my life, it just hasn't been this year. Too many things on the go.

I seriously considered selling it this year. Still weighs on my mind from time to time. I have zero interest in risking my life to improve my skills.

Been to the edge of my tires and back countless times, can wheelie, can do gay stoppies, yet I have no desire to push my limits any more. I just feel like I'm on the wrong bike for the type of riding I do.

There is a tourer in my future. I just don't know how soon.

I want to do 1000 mile days.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #13
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I've been riding since I was a little kid and have owned a mc since I was 14, I'm 44 now and I don't plan to stop until I finally die from cancer or on my bike.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #14
MILK
The cows want you dead.

I am not a rabid motorcyclist. I AM a rabid gardener.
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:31 PM   #15
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

My family is number one.

Motorcycling is number two.
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #16
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
I guess I'm old enough and have been riding long enough where I'm not going to automatically put up a "OMG iMa gONna b RiDiNGz 4eVa!!!

Never thought about it as a hobby or considered when I'm going to give it up. Don't do it for social reasons, adrenaline chasing and not once have I ever considered giving it up.

It's kinda of a confort thing. I feel more confortable, even safer travelling by MC. Toss on top of that the whole perception of your surrounding thing...I'm not a big fan of travelling in a sensory deprivation vessel.

There are a bunch of other reasons I could list, but I think I'm going to leave it at "Shooting for the 50 years of riding" mark.
Same here. I started riding because I needed a vehicle and I thought it would be fun to get a bike. Ive never been a car guy and I figured a bike would give me the most bang for my buck. So for a few years my motorcycle was my only form of transportation. After ruining my F2 I went a year or so with only a car to drive and it really sucked until I was able to get the bike I have now. I really dont see any reason why I would stop riding as log as Im physically able.

I dont stunt, I dont push limits, there are no canyons to carve in Florida. Id like to do some trackdays at some point but I just havent had the means yet. I just prefer riding a motorcycle to the other transportation options I have. Maybe if I get a jet pack Ill put the bike away.
EpyonXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:04 PM   #17
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

I dont ever see myself giving up on riding. leaving the SPORTBIKE world, possibly, and getting a tourer, but not ever giving up entirely.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:31 PM   #18
was92v
Nowhere Man

41 years into it, I haven't really thought about quiting. It is just part of my life.
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #19
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

I dunno i'll ever 'stop', but I ride a lot less now that im a little older. I prefer snowmobiles, and if I had to choose one right now, it would probably be that. But I imagine ill pretty much always have some form of motorcycle around. How much I use it is really what is to be determined. We dont have the best summers anyway.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #20
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

I do nothing but work and motorcycles. If I'm not on the MC I'm usually on a MC forum. I do not really drink, do bars, no gaming, nothing else. I'm MC 23/7. I don't see that ever ending nor do I think my buds who's bikes I wrench on will let me if I wanted to.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote