Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 06-25-2009, 10:39 AM   #11
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
well looks like they were somewhat faithful to the concept. still disgusting, looks like three different bikes smashed together (nose, tank, and tail DO not match) and at least kawi gets a reprieve for not having the ugliest stock exhaust anymore
You got that right. That exhaust is HIDEOUS.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #12
MILK
The cows want you dead.

There have been 15,000 gazillion reports of the 'new VFR' going on for a veryyyy looonnnggg time now... I won't believe it until I see one sitting in a showroom.
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #13
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR

They just need to keep the displacement, drop two cylinders, make it a 90° configuration, and turn it into a real sportbike. Hello new RC51. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. But a revamped VFR is still pretty cool, even if it is hideous.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:17 PM   #14
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Normally, I'm into "interesting" looking bikes.

Not so much this time...

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:33 PM   #15
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Well depending on how they do it ti could be Honda's entry into the Hyperbike Class meaning like the Hayabusa and the ZX14 most of us will only see the tail light getting smaller anyway. But as previously noted I will believe it when it is in a local showroom.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:23 PM   #16
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
Well depending on how they do it ti could be Honda's entry into the Hyperbike Class meaning like the Hayabusa and the ZX14 most of us will only see the tail light getting smaller anyway. But as previously noted I will believe it when it is in a local showroom.
Interesting. Instead of going with the oft rumored VFR update, you chose the now mythical Super Blackbird route. I believe at last report, the Super Blackbird was going to be a 1600cc monster engine that ran on Unicorn farts and ground up Fairy Wings. I just hope some of that technology trickles down to the VFR.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:25 PM   #17
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Interesting. Instead of going with the oft rumored VFR update, you chose the now mythical Super Blackbird route. I believe at last report, the Super Blackbird was going to be a 1600cc monster engine that ran on Unicorn farts and ground up Fairy Wings. I just hope some of that technology trickles down to the VFR.
Rumor has it that they'll be implementing Fairy Wing technology in the new VFR.

With Obama moving the dates of the new emission standards up, the Unicorn flatulation (uni-flat) engines have been scrapped. Honda had too much R&D invested in the old design to start over with the newly required low-sulfur farts.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:28 PM   #18
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:42 AM   #19
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
There have been 15,000 gazillion reports of the 'new VFR' going on for a veryyyy looonnnggg time now... I won't believe it until I see one sitting in a showroom.
right, but unlike those previous threads with piss poor shitballz photochumps, this report comes with pictures of a real mule in action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSP1 View Post
They just need to keep the displacement, drop two cylinders, make it a 90° configuration, and turn it into a real sportbike. Hello new RC51. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. But a revamped VFR is still pretty cool, even if it is hideous.
i really dont see this happening unless #1 honda feels 200cc is enough of an advantage to drop the blade as its production spec racer (pretty dominant in bsb and steadily improving in sbk) and #2 they decide to return to wsbk with a full factory backed effort. not really likely, but hell maybe they'll want to save some skrilla and drop motogp

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
that was my first thought when i saw the reported displacement

Quote:
well he kinda has a point, i mean its soooo fucking ugly it almost HAS to be a busa fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Rumor has it that they'll be implementing Fairy Wing technology in the new VFR.

With Obama moving the dates of the new emission standards up, the Unicorn flatulation (uni-flat) engines have been scrapped. Honda had too much R&D invested in the old design to start over with the newly required low-sulfur farts.
you win reps!
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:45 AM   #20
MILK
The cows want you dead.

I can't do it from work but Dave I have seen upteen pictures (on the net of course) of the 'New VFR.' The last picture was the VFR as a SCOOTER!! They are all accompanied by articles and an attempt is made to make them look legitimate. The VFR folks usually post it up and then we all pick it to death.

That's why I keep saying I'm going to have to see one...
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote