Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-30-2009, 10:22 AM   #11
shmike
Follower

If she's hot enough, I'm sure she can get a job as a teacher.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:28 AM   #12
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Sound like a fun place to work. Adds new meaning to "positions available".

I love it when women get hit with sexual harrasment suits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:29 AM   #13
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

I had an employer tell me he was going to kick my ass... we had to go to arbitration... and they sided with him... the deciding factor was "I am going to kick your ass" was his way of motivation... WTF?
Lucky3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:31 AM   #14
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
If she's hot enough, I'm sure she can get a job as a teacher.
... in Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky3623 View Post
I had an employer tell me he was going to kick my ass... we had to go to arbitration... and they sided with him... the deciding factor was "I am going to kick your ass" was his way of motivation... WTF?
Your mistake was likely in not getting police involved.
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:06 PM   #15
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
If you are terminated for cause, what may those causes be that would make you not eligible for unemployment?

And no I have not been terminated.
If you broke any rules or have been warned, no unemployment. If you were fired for any reason at all, you're likely going to have to fight for unemployment. If the company is grumpy with you for any reason, you're not likely to win.

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #16
Flexin
AMA Supersport

She was fired because of that? Shit at my old job they would have had to shut down the store till they hired a new staff.

I think they should give the "friendly" woman her job back.

James
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:08 PM   #17
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

i work in sales- forcing people to come to vegas so they can be pitched to buy timeshare. But my company is mostly made up for druggies, liars and ex cons! They never run drug tests because management gets drugs from their subordinates.

Anyway, the lady is not hot, not even if you are blind. You can tell life has kicked the crap out of her all over her face. Her hair is thinning, her skin is sagging and she just looks worn as hell. You can tell she lived a hard life.

Although i agree that she shouldn't be fired, they reason that gave is when you are out in a social setting where your subordinates are, you still have to act like a professional. But no one likes her anyway because she stepped on too many people to get to the top, and they have been trying to get her fired for a while, this was just a means to do it.

So at this point, i basically just have to suck at my job productionwise to get laid off. My team leader put me in for a layoff a couple of months ago. Her reason- making snide comments at the preshift meetings and questioning the new policies that are not beneficial. She said that when i speak up, the emotionally weaker people get affected. when it came to the director to sign off on the term papers, she put a stop to it because according to her when she looked at the numbers i was the top producer for the past 4 months. So i got thrown back in.

When they do look at numbers though they go back 3 months, so even if i start sucking now, my numbers before offset my numbers now.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:33 PM   #18
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

why not look for a new job and then quit? if you get fired, you will not get unemployment. If they slow down and don't need a percentage of the workforce and you're one of the ones they lay off, you will get unemployment EXCEPT if you've got late points and behavior issues, they can still block your unemployment. You're better off just looking for a new job and switching.

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #19
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
i work in sales- forcing people to come to vegas so they can be pitched to buy timeshare. But my company is mostly made up for druggies, liars and ex cons! They never run drug tests because management gets drugs from their subordinates.

Anyway, the lady is not hot, not even if you are blind. You can tell life has kicked the crap out of her all over her face. Her hair is thinning, her skin is sagging and she just looks worn as hell. You can tell she lived a hard life.

Although i agree that she shouldn't be fired, they reason that gave is when you are out in a social setting where your subordinates are, you still have to act like a professional. But no one likes her anyway because she stepped on too many people to get to the top, and they have been trying to get her fired for a while, this was just a means to do it.

So at this point, i basically just have to suck at my job productionwise to get laid off. My team leader put me in for a layoff a couple of months ago. Her reason- making snide comments at the preshift meetings and questioning the new policies that are not beneficial. She said that when i speak up, the emotionally weaker people get affected. when it came to the director to sign off on the term papers, she put a stop to it because according to her when she looked at the numbers i was the top producer for the past 4 months. So i got thrown back in.

When they do look at numbers though they go back 3 months, so even if i start sucking now, my numbers before offset my numbers now.
Your job sounds like our new neighbors at my office.

They do some type of timeshare sales too.

We have a nice group of offices, professional people etc... These guys move in and drag down the entire neighborhood.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #20
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

I would think that if you are in violation of any company policy, including attendance points, then you may not receive unemployment benefits. I think it's depends on the mood of the employer as to the real reason you are fired and if you are eligible for unemployment.

I agree - look for another job, then quit once you have it.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote