dumbass
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:03 AM   #12
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
But then when he went to take a right hand turn, he stuck out his RIGHT hand.
I see that a LOT. I asked someone I know with a vintage bike about that once and asked if they knew the proper hand signal for a right-hand turn... they demonstrated that they, in fact, did know but that every time they use it, others on the road think they're waving to them instead of signaling a turn.... so they adapted using their right hand sticking out as an anti-idiot defense.

So, with that in mind, I asked people who don't ride if they know what the proper hand signal is for a right hand turn... and not a SINGLE person knew it (I asked probably 30 people).

Unreal.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:53 AM   #13
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I see that a LOT. I asked someone I know with a vintage bike about that once and asked if they knew the proper hand signal for a right-hand turn... they demonstrated that they, in fact, did know but that every time they use it, others on the road think they're waving to them instead of signaling a turn.... so they adapted using their right hand sticking out as an anti-idiot defense.

So, with that in mind, I asked people who don't ride if they know what the proper hand signal is for a right hand turn... and not a SINGLE person knew it (I asked probably 30 people).

Unreal.
So then you proceed to show them...... with dropkicks to their face.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:18 PM   #14
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:

Unreal.
I don't see that as being unreal. How many times is the average driver exposed to hand signals, unless they are in downtown NYC or Chicago and see a lot of bike messengers?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:23 PM   #15
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
So then you proceed to show them...... with dropkicks to their face.
I try to remember that they're driving a couple thousand pounds of steel and I'm not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I don't see that as being unreal. How many times is the average driver exposed to hand signals, unless they are in downtown NYC or Chicago and see a lot of bike messengers?
It's in the driver's test....

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:27 PM   #16
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:

It's in the driver's test....
Which people take, what, once or twice in their life? I just renewed my license without any test........... I don't remember taking a test 10 years ago, and this new one is good for another 10 years, so.......... that's a solid 20+ years without taking a test....
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:34 PM   #17
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

That guy is gonna be a dark spot on the road...
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:46 PM   #18
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

I drove behind someone I could barely see on their bike at night once before.. just a dim tail light like this guy. It was pretty scary; I mean I always give extra room to riders, but I had to fall wayyyy back for this one. I loaded up on reflective tape and got a vest for night time riding.. it helps that my helmet is all shiny too.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote