Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 03-05-2010, 09:21 AM   #11
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
4-3
Then its a good pick filling a need and good value.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:22 AM   #12
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Then its a good pick filling a need and good value.
Heck yeah, I just hope St Louis takes Bradford or Clausen.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:26 AM   #13
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Heck yeah, I just hope St Louis takes Bradford or Clausen.
Suh and tht other DT are supposed to be monsters ( I am skeptical of taking DT's so high) so they should wind up with one of them. the rams have alot of needs and should trade down, I just dont think anyone will want to jump up to take a DT. Its not like theres a sure fire franchise QB comming out this year.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:32 AM   #14
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Suh and tht other DT are supposed to be monsters ( I am skeptical of taking DT's so high) so they should wind up with one of them. the rams have alot of needs and should trade down, I just dont think anyone will want to jump up to take a DT. Its not like theres a sure fire franchise QB comming out this year.
Well the Lions already have Stafford so they don't need a QB. D and O lines are where they need the most help. Might as well get a play maker like Suh when you have a chance. He won't be there in the second round.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:34 AM   #15
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Well the Lions already have Stafford so they don't need a QB. D and O lines are where they need the most help. Might as well get a play maker like Suh when you have a chance. He won't be there in the second round.
This is a deep draft for lineman esp on the interior so they should get a playmaker in the second round too.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:42 AM   #16
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Suh and tht other DT are supposed to be monsters
Suh IS a monster.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:43 AM   #17
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
peppers wants a long term deal (closest thing to job security) so he signs a fat contract an gets x amount of guaranteed money. There may be a lockout in 2011 and no one knows whats going to happen after that, so its a gamble.

I read the steelers aretreating this like a capped year and going about buiness as usual. I sure do hate them but they are quite good at running an organization.
I remember commentators saying he could make $22M this year if he stayed.

How does a lockout/strile affect salaries? Do they get paid for that year?
Old 03-05-2010, 11:44 AM   #18
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
I remember commentators saying he could make $22M this year if he stayed.

How does a lockout/strile affect salaries? Do they get paid for that year?
They dont get paid while out of work, but no one knows what the cap situation will be like going forward from there.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #19
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
I read the steelers aretreating this like a capped year and going about buiness as usual. I sure do hate them but they are quite good at running an organization.

This is what any smart team should do.

Back to the OT, I noticed that for restricted players, the current team has like 10 days to match any contract offered. Is there anything to keep the original team from stalling for 10 days on the contract match? You could really screw a team wanting one of your restricted players. They would have to set that $ aside for that player (assuming you get them, otherwise why offer a contract), and then if you wait 10 days to match, they lose out on 10 days (potentially) of other free agent player negotiations.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:16 PM   #20
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
This is what any smart team should do.

Back to the OT, I noticed that for restricted players, the current team has like 10 days to match any contract offered. Is there anything to keep the original team from stalling for 10 days on the contract match? You could really screw a team wanting one of your restricted players. They would have to set that $ aside for that player (assuming you get them, otherwise why offer a contract), and then if you wait 10 days to match, they lose out on 10 days (potentially) of other free agent player negotiations.
I thought it was 7 days, and I think a team prety much has to make a decision in that time. Some teams can screw with you by making a ridiculous offer, so either you risk loosing that player or you have to match that contract.

The edmonton oilers did it to the sabres with thomas vanek a few yrs ago.

I would think most teams already more or less know what price they will pay for a restricted FA vs letting him go. Plus teams place a lot of value on draft picks so theyre not all that willing to part with them.