Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-20-2009, 10:20 AM   #11
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Here's my list I snagged a while ago and saved. I used it mostly to mail ringtones to my old phone and to friends phones. Most of them are still up to date, but some might have changed. Dunno if Amp'd is even in business anymore.

Alltel = xxxxxxxxxx@message.alltel.com
Amp'd Mobile = xxxxxxxxxx@vtext.com
AT&T = xxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.net
Boost Mobile = xxxxxxxxxx@myboostmobile.com
Centennial Wireless = xxxxxxxxxx@myblue.com
Cingular (AT&T) = xxxxxxxxxx@mms.mycingular.com
Einstein PCS = xxxxxxxxxx@einsteinmms.com
Nextel = xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.nextel.com
Sprint = xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com or xxxxxxxxxx@pm.sprint.com
T-Mobile = xxxxxxxxxx@tmomail.net
US Cellular = xxxxxxxxxx@mms.uscc.net
Verizon Wireless = xxxxxxxxxx@vzwpix.com
Virgin Mobile = xxxxxxxxxx@vmobl.com

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:45 AM   #12
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
No shit... So I could have everyone just text to 'my number@vzwpix.com' and everything will be neato burrito?
you would still have to pay for that as a txt. That's considered a txt.

if you got a blackberry, you could have everyone txt to your blackberry email address. My blackberry email is a gmail account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:51 AM   #13
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

We're with AT &T... have been for years, probably won't ever change. Coverage is great, customer service has always been fine (the few times we've needed it) and since we've been with them for so long, we have oodles of upgrades and rollover minutes.

We're on a family plan (2 lines) with added media and txt -- I think it's like 800 shared minutes, nights and weekends are 'free' and calls to other AT&T #'s don't count against our minutes. We pay about $125/mo (that's including all the taxes, fees, etc...), and truth be told, we COULD downgrade it, because we never come close to using all of our minutes or txt messages.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:13 PM   #14
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Coverage is great
How much have you traveled with it beyond standard routes and cities? I had it and have friends who have it. AT&T severly suffers off the beaten path and that's probably where OSP needs it the most with his adventures on two. That's the main reason I swapped, it would be nice to have an iphone or another super cool phone (verizon for years had phones 2 years old as their "new" phones cause of their strict policies), but it's hard to use the phone part that you pay for, when there is no service. It's hard to find places my verizon phone won't work compared to my old AT&T phone where it was hard to find placees it did work.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 12:27 PM   #15
Trip
Hold mah beer!

OSP in your case for verizon, I would probably look at the Blackberry 8830 if you want a full QWERTY keyboard.
Quote:
Old 02-20-2009, 12:30 PM   #16
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

AT&T 650 minutes + rollover minutes + 200 text per month...no I don't text much. $40.00 a month.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:32 PM   #17
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
How much have you traveled with it beyond standard routes and cities? I had it and have friends who have it. AT&T severly suffers off the beaten path and that's probably where OSP needs it the most with his adventures on two. That's the main reason I swapped, it would be nice to have an iphone or another super cool phone (verizon for years had phones 2 years old as their "new" phones cause of their strict policies), but it's hard to use the phone part that you pay for, when there is no service. It's hard to find places my verizon phone won't work compared to my old AT&T phone where it was hard to find placees it did work.
I live between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, two large cities with supposedly excellent coverage area for AT&T. I know this because they told me every time I called to complain about dropped calls and my phone going straight to voicemail that I was in an excellent coverage area and shouldn't be having these problems. But still, didn't matter much.

Quote:
OSP in your case for verizon, I would probably look at the Blackberry 8830 if you want a full QWERTY keyboard.
Why an 8830 as opposed to the 8330? Or the eventual 9030? Unless OSP is in a field where a camera phone is a no no, the 8330 is a slightly more capable phone, and the 9030 is going to be even better.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Old 02-20-2009, 12:39 PM   #18
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Why an 8830 as opposed to the 8330? Or the eventual 9030? Unless OSP is in a field where a camera phone is a no no, the 8330 is a slightly more capable phone, and the 9030 is going to be even better.
just looked to see what was the newest blackberry qwerty out that verizon carries right now.
Quote:
Old 02-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #19
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
just looked to see what was the newest blackberry qwerty out that verizon carries right now.
8830 is a nice phone and the keyboard is nice too, but it lacks a camera and is very much geared towards the business client, much more than the 8330 is. The 8330 Curve has all the featuers of the 8830, plus a camera, slightly better battery life, and a little more flash memory. It's slightly smaller too, if that means much of anything. The trade off between the two is the 8330 having a camera and more flash memory, and the 8830 having dual band abilities and a slightly better keyboard.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:55 PM   #20
Angee
Dutch's PITA

Moto: I ride Dutch...and an 09 Kawi 250

AT&T, 3 phones, two with full data and texting usage unlimited, 3rd phone has texting unlimited, one of our phones is the BB Bold (it ROCKS!). They all have yahoo, msn and aim messengers and we have 1400 minutes and pay about $160 a month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Those things are awesome. We gave out the clap and syphilis last christmas.
Angee is offline   Reply With Quote