Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

View Poll Results: Will you stay at the Blairsville Holiday Inn for the meet in Suches GA May 8-10?
Yes I'm staying there 13 43.33%
No, I'm either not coming or will have other accomodations. 17 56.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2009, 09:17 PM   #191
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

naw I'm pretty good about packing, I just would rather have a bag and not use the whole thing than use the whole thing and not have any bag left.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:13 PM   #192
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the twistedthrottle Bag...Looks like a nice rig.

I'm planning on packing light as well...So I should be ok...No different than having my 120lb Fiancee on the back.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:36 PM   #193
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Yeah I mean the backpack would just be T shirts and some Bathroom shit. But if the Cortech luggage can suffice I will def just roll with that
Saddlebags FTMFW!!! I've made several roadtrips with a backpack and it's just too much strain on the back. It made a world of difference and I'll never take another long trip without it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
OR... just get the address of the hotel... SHIP your stuff you're gonna take to Myrtle... then when you get there... ship the stuff you brought to Suches back... and take the Myrtle stuff with ya.
You so stole that idea from me!! I would highly reccommend this! I've done this several times, and it's especially helpful when you are coming back with more than you left with. Alot of times if I am coming straight home I'll send all but the necessities. With todays mail services, it's inexpensive and quick.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:51 PM   #194
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Your alive!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2009, 10:55 PM   #195
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Your alive!!!!!!!!!!!
I am here! where have u been? You really planning on coming for this?
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:57 PM   #196
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
I am here! where have u been? You really planning on coming for this?

Where have I Been?? Where Have YOU BEEN!!! I Post everyday on this Bitch.

I'm Planning on it for sure...Us Jersey boys are talking about it already...I gotta save up some dough get some Luggage, A new tire, and some other little shit and I plan on riding my little ass off.

I gotta be able to put some faces to names here...This place is my sportbike addiction.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:29 AM   #197
tommymac
Moto GP Star

I got ya all beat, hard bags FTMFW

i figure between that my tank bag and cargo net I will have plenty of room. I think we should also try to have each person bring some emergency type equipment for the ride down. i have a custom first aid kit and can do quite a bit in the field if need be. But also make sure we have tools and stuff like tire patck/repair kits.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:16 AM   #198
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I got ya all beat, hard bags FTMFW

i figure between that my tank bag and cargo net I will have plenty of room. I think we should also try to have each person bring some emergency type equipment for the ride down. i have a custom first aid kit and can do quite a bit in the field if need be. But also make sure we have tools and stuff like tire patck/repair kits.

Tom
Damn. I didn't think about any of that stuff.

What's suggested as emergency equipment aside from a first aid kit? I need to start putting something together so I'll have something, especially since I'm planning more one trip this year...one or two of them will be by myself.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:23 AM   #199
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Damn. I didn't think about any of that stuff.

What's suggested as emergency equipment aside from a first aid kit? I need to start putting something together so I'll have something, especially since I'm planning more one trip this year...one or two of them will be by myself.
I bought a first aid kit from tourmaster, then I added a bunch of other goodies and took out stuff I wouldnt need. For an average person it had a lot of useful stuff but I can do a lot more in the field if I have all the equipment, I even added a suture kit to it. I need to go through it and check a few things and see if theres anything I need to add.

tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:30 AM   #200
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I bought a first aid kit from tourmaster, then I added a bunch of other goodies and took out stuff I wouldnt need. For an average person it had a lot of useful stuff but I can do a lot more in the field if I have all the equipment, I even added a suture kit to it. I need to go through it and check a few things and see if theres anything I need to add.

tom
When you're saying first aid kit, are you talking about a medical first aid kit, a road kit, or is the one you got from Tourmaster a bit of both? I know how to put together a good first aid kit. I'm more concerned with needing something for the bike. I really have no clue as to what I would need aside from my tool kit (which I've added a little to). Wade put together a little something when we would take trips, but I never really paid attention. I've been lucky on the couple I've been on since then, because those I rode with had their own kit they had put together and told me to not worry about it. . .

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote