Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-12-2008, 11:55 PM   #201
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Same story here. Born in Austin (Bergstrom AFB before it closed), moved to RAF Alconbury (kick ass england), Grand Forks AFB (bum fuck North Dakota), Ramstein AB (really kick ass Germany), and finally Edwards AFB (middle of the fucking dead ass desert California) before dad retired out to New York. w00t!
Born overseas on a NATO base out side of Versailles,then we were everywhere because my Dad was one of the last mechanics who could work on some of the old WWII era bombers before they were completely phased out. The last base we were on was Scott AFB before he retired. He did 30 years from the tail end of WWII where he was actually used in some of the A-bomb tests along with a lot of other brothers (I swear on my mother's grave I am NOT BSing here,he used to tell VIVID stories) and in the Pacific theater,from there he served in Korea and then in Vietnam (my Dad hated orientals with a fucking PASSION!!!). We lived in LA (3 homes) for a while,then La.(2 homes),and then Mi.(6 homes). Then I,of course joined the Army....Ft Bliss,Ft Benning,Ft Bragg,Camp Casey (Korea),O'Brien Barracks (Germany),Ft Bliss,Desert Shield/Storm,William Beaumont Army Medical center,Ft Bliss,etc...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:02 AM   #202
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondahugger View Post
Yep, my boss actually bought 25 copies and made us all read it! Fucker could have just got the movie!!!!
Oh, you missed out on some amazingly forced New York accents, prize animation that may give little Susie May a run for the 3rd grade art award, and the constant crushing moral lessons of an overbearing narrator. All in all, a good time.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:08 AM   #203
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Born overseas on a NATO base out side of Versailles,then we were everywhere because my Dad was one of the last mechanics who could work on some of the old WWII era bombers before they were completely phased out. The last base we were on was Scott AFB before he retired. He did 30 years from the tail end of WWII where he was actually used in some of the A-bomb tests along with a lot of other brothers (I swear on my mother's grave I am NOT BSing here,he used to tell VIVID stories) and in the Pacific theater,from there he served in Korea and then in Vietnam (my Dad hated orientals with a fucking PASSION!!!). We lived in LA (3 homes) for a while,then La.(2 homes),and then Mi.(6 homes). Then I,of course joined the Army....Ft Bliss,Ft Benning,Ft Bragg,Camp Casey (Korea),O'Brien Barracks (Germany),Ft Bliss,Desert Shield/Storm,William Beaumont Army Medical center,Ft Bliss,etc...
Nice, you got the real tour of the world. I regret not getting to hit up any of the bases in the Pacific. I've got stories, but they're kinda run of the mill. First year we were in Ramstein was the big air show disaster of Flugplatz '88. Got to see that from a safe distance. The Berlin Wall fell in that time as well, so I've got my pieces of the wall. Watched the Air Force test the B-2 and C-17 before they made it into production. Otherwise, nothing half as exciting as you or your father. Sounds like the kinda stories that kick ass.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Old 11-13-2008, 12:25 AM   #204
snaps
Crazy like a fox...

Moto: 05 R6

Aargh! I just typed out a well thought out reply to a post over there and lo and behold, the thread gets deleted.
snaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:30 AM   #205
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

Quote:
Nice, you got the real tour of the world. I regret not getting to hit up any of the bases in the Pacific. I've got stories, but they're kinda run of the mill. First year we were in Ramstein was the big air show disaster of Flugplatz '88. Got to see that from a safe distance. The Berlin Wall fell in that time as well, so I've got my pieces of the wall. Watched the Air Force test the B-2 and C-17 before they made it into production. Otherwise, nothing half as exciting as you or your father. Sounds like the kinda stories that kick ass.
Hey wow, I lived in Germany the same time you did. I lived in Pirmasens though. (Ex-husband in Army.) Used to go party in Ramstein every now and again 'case Pirmasens was boring!!
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:34 AM   #206
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaps View Post
Aargh! I just typed out a well thought out reply to a post over there and lo and behold, the thread gets deleted.

What thread did you post in?

James
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:36 AM   #207
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2up View Post
Hey wow, I lived in Germany the same time you did. I lived in Pirmasens though. (Ex-husband in Army.) Used to go party in Ramstein every now and again 'case Pirmasens was boring!!
Sweeeet. Unless you trolled the playground for 9 year olds (I guess that's how old I was at that time) we probably never crossed paths. It's beautiful all over Germany though and I'd love to go back and experience the whole thing as an older, wiser, and more appreciative adult.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:38 AM   #208
snaps
Crazy like a fox...

Moto: 05 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
What thread did you post in?

James
the "editing old posts" thread
snaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:42 AM   #209
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

Quote:
Sweeeet. Unless you trolled the playground for 9 year olds (I guess that's how old I was at that time) we probably never crossed paths. It's beautiful all over Germany though and I'd love to go back and experience the whole thing as an older, wiser, and more appreciative adult.
Bahahhahaha, yeah, the only thing I was doing on playgrounds was pushing my daughters on the swings!!

As for me and Germany, when we moved there my kids were 2 months and 15 months old. I didn't get to appreciate it much. lol Plus, most of my "free time" was spent visiting my family in Italy.
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:42 AM   #210
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaps View Post
the "editing old posts" thread
Mine or Pauldun's? I started another one, and he replied saying "I deleted it and took it to PM's with the admins. I suggest you do the same".
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote