Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 11-25-2009, 07:06 PM   #21
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Everyone thinks it's someone else.

The canyon carvers think it's the stunters with their stupid wheelies, nonexistent blinkers / mirrors / etc and helmet mohawks.

The stunters think it's the Harley guys with their stupid loud exhausts and drinking stops.

The Harley guys think it's the canyon carvers with their Power Ranger suits and high speeds.

Everyone needs to look in the mirror and be courteous instead of pointing fingers.
Love it "Power Ranger suits"

I agree 100%.

We are all guilty of doing something stupid.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:50 AM   #22
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

We should all be courteous and mindful. When I'm riding, I ask myself 'will this make me look bad to everyone around me?' if the answer is yes, I check up.

We all do stupid things. Do it when someone who would be negatively influenced by your actions is not around if you must.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:05 PM   #23
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Yeah...show some maturity and stop using the loud pipes save lives bullshit as you rev your obnoxious motor at every stop, gas station, parking lot, residential neighborhood at all hours of the night and day as you ride from one bar to the next.
Come on. What's dangerous about a 700lb, ill braking, poor handling bike with a 300lb rider with a 200lb passenger with both of them intoxicated???

At least a wheelie is a controlled action.

Regardless there are idiots on all sides.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:15 PM   #24
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Gotta love the people who install a loud exhaust, even though they live in an apt complex or otherwise crowded neighborhood where 20-30 of his neighbors are forced to wake up because he goes to work at 5 am. Or if they come home late at night, blipping the throttle unnecessarily as they roll in.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #25
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Gotta love the people who install a loud exhaust, even though they live in an apt complex or otherwise crowded neighborhood where 20-30 of his neighbors are forced to wake up because he goes to work at 5 am. Or if they come home late at night, blipping the throttle unnecessarily as they roll in.
it's awesome that as I'm reading this, my neighbor is reving the shit out of his POS Chevy Blazer with no exhaust.

I shift into second anytime I'm in my complex, as it drops the sound A LOT.

I hate it though when I go to warm the bike up in the AM it's cold blooded and I have to let it idle high for about 2 mins before I can shut off the choke and not have it die. jet kit will fix that for me though.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 04:17 PM   #26
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
I hate it though when I go to warm the bike up in the AM it's cold blooded and I have to let it idle high for about 2 mins before I can shut off the choke and not have it die. jet kit will fix that for me though.
I have to do that when I leave my girlfriend's apartment. It's full of a bunch of achivers though so most are up at 6:30am. I do face the exhaust away from the apartment and into some woods (in hopes that it helps some). It's jetted so I only have to let it idle for a very short time.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:03 PM   #27
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
We should all be courteous and mindful. When I'm riding, I ask myself 'will this make me look bad to everyone around me?' if the answer is yes, I check up.

We all do stupid things. Do it when someone who would be negatively influenced by your actions is not around if you must.
Amen.

It's been said plenty, but (like it or not) every one of us has the potential to sway someone's opinion about motorcycles and motorcyclists.
They may not always notice when we're courteous and respectful, but they'll damn sure notice when we aren't.
The better part of them won't do anything about it, but do you reeeeeally want to be the asshole who fucks it up for everyone else?