Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #21
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by udman View Post
My zombie fort would have a zombie garage with a zombie tank to look for supplies and survivors (chicks) after shit cooled down.
Then you want a zombie LAV-25. It'll hold 6 'survivors' not counting the one in the 2nd seat, the one on your gun, and the one on your 'gun.'

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:18 PM   #22
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Then you want a zombie LAV-25. It'll hold 6 'survivors' not counting the one in the 2nd seat, the one on your gun, and the one on your 'gun.'

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:33 AM   #23
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Evan and I have looked at container homes. We literally want to be able to button up our house so we can leave it for a few months and not worry about hurricanes, thieves, or otherwise.
See, that's what I was thinking.
I know the zombie naysayers give us zombie nerds a hard time, but such things can have practical value in the pre-apocalypse world as well!
Old 04-29-2011, 07:50 AM   #24
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
LOLZ
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #25
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
See, that's what I was thinking.
I know the zombie naysayers give us zombie nerds a hard time, but such things can have practical value in the pre-apocalypse world as well!
Exactly.

Evan officially hates you for finding this, I emailed it to him on the ship yesterday

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:11 AM   #26
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Exactly.

Evan officially hates you for finding this, I emailed it to him on the ship yesterday
Tell him it's Ed's fault. He posted it on FB and I just stole the link
Old 04-30-2011, 09:05 AM   #27
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

FAIL, the openness of the large doors and slowness of sealing the place up would allow infiltration rather quickly. Two small entrances with extreme protection/quick closure on both is what is needed. You also need a hydroponic garden and access to your own well water. Building your own renewable energy supply is a must as well. Only then can you be zombie proof.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:35 PM   #28
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
FAIL, the openness of the large doors and slowness of sealing the place up would allow infiltration rather quickly. Two small entrances with extreme protection/quick closure on both is what is needed. You also need a hydroponic garden and access to your own well water. Building your own renewable energy supply is a must as well. Only then can you be zombie proof.
Well this depends if these are slow or fast moving zombies, most depict them as rather slwo moving creatures so it is feasible esp if you have a good early warning detection system around the perimeter.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:10 PM   #29
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Well this depends if these are slow or fast moving zombies, most depict them as rather slwo moving creatures so it is feasible esp if you have a good early warning detection system around the perimeter.
Slow ones are always deceptively sneaky and can beat the detection system especialy with that many openings to monitor. All it takes is for one of those automated systems to fail to close and you are fucked. You need something you can humanly close (depending on electricity/hydraulics in a zombie apocolaypse is dumb) and only have a limited amount (2 entries) to close. You can't have one because you need a secondary exit incase zombies overrun one. You also need a 3rd emergency exit only escape hatch. One that's impossible to enter by, but you can exit. Say a cliffside basejump exit or zipline.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:33 PM   #30
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Seems to be a pretty rural location... I doubt the hoard would be unmanagebly while you're locking things down.

Electricity is over-rated, we've lived as a species for a long, long time without it. A well thought out ration of food, a private natural garden, and a rainwater collection system (climate permitting) should be enough.

That said, I'd love to get all fancy with the shit, but simple = survival.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote