Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-06-2010, 10:55 AM   #21
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
yea i ma have to try that bit soon - i MIGHT have the receipt will check tonight.

i checked other BDs last night and they all worked no problem.

i am thinking it is not the laser but the firmware - i need to check on how to upgrade that.
Do you have wireless internet at home? I can't remember how I connected mine to my wireless network, but I don't think it was too difficult. If you don't have wireless your system has a port in the back to connect a network cable. Once connected there is an option in the menus for doing a system update. It shouldn't be too difficult.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:16 AM   #22
AquaPython
put it THIS way

it is connected (wireless) and i did the update. i was asking if there was a difference between that and firmware updating , like on other hardware, it is quite different. but it seems like the updates software / firmware for the PS3 are one in the same.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #23
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
it is connected (wireless) and i did the update. i was asking if there was a difference between that and firmware updating , like on other hardware, it is quite different. but it seems like the updates software / firmware for the PS3 are one in the same.
Same. The firmware is updated. You probably got one that was rough handled on the loading dock. I used to work for Best Buy and I've seen shit thrown around, dropped, etc.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #24
AquaPython
put it THIS way

i dont think thats the case. it works fine with every other BD i have tried to date. if it is something wrong physically, nothing would work i would think.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:07 PM   #25
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

you bought a 300$ gaming system, and threw out the receipt???

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:09 PM   #26
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

I lost the receipt for mine, but I contacted Gamestop corporate and they tracked down the sale. Also, if you bought it with American Express you can do the purchase protection thing, but Gamestop didn't take AmEx.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:54 PM   #27
AquaPython
put it THIS way

i might still have it, i need to check one area, but i got basically 90% of my new home theater all at once, and in the set up / clean up process, i may have trashed that receipt.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:58 PM   #28
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
i might still have it, i need to check one area, but i got basically 90% of my new home theater all at once, and in the set up / clean up process, i may have trashed that receipt.
Some of the larger stores keep transaction records. It may be worth checking with the place you bought it rather than shelling out $100 for a machine that should still be under warranty.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #29
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Some of the larger stores keep transaction records. It may be worth checking with the place you bought it rather than shelling out $100 for a machine that should still be under warranty.
Absolutely. I wouldn't look for jack shit. First I'd take it back to the place of purchase and raise some hell. If that doesn't pan out then look for the reciept.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #30
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
i dont think thats the case. it works fine with every other BD i have tried to date. if it is something wrong physically, nothing would work i would think.
I don't know... mine is old and I watched Terminator Salvation-no problems. You got any animals? Maybe there is a hair in there that intermittently messes shit up...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote