Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #21
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARVIS518 View Post
i have read a lot of bad things on the thurderbolt
i have the charge and its an ok phone, i personally hate the keyboard and the battery life sucks
I've had one person have an absolute Horror story about the Thunderbolt, And another one who hasnt had an issue since he got it on the day it came out. The screen is Gigantic...And it's a neat phone. But I've heard Battery Life issues on almost all droid based phones.

My girl has the incredible and she hates it.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #22
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Verizon has the best coverage bar none in most areas, there are only a few areas they lag behind AT&T in. I would compare the two online coverage maps for each company for your area to see who is better. Verizon in this area simply does not have any competitor for rural coverage. 4G coverage is limited to big cities right now though. 3G coverage is pretty excellent in rural areas, but is slower than HSPA+ and even HSPA.
I might have to poll some of my local friends and see what they're experiencing too. I'd hate to break the contract with AT&T to switch to Verizon and then get no signal when I'm out at Camp Swift (or Fort Hood, should this mobilization to Afghanistan actually happen next year).

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #23
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

Moto: 06 CBR 600RR

Quote:
I have heard a lot of bad things about the stock thunderbolt, but I hear it is a fantastic phone if you go beyond stock. The Rezound battery is suppose to be a replacement for the thunderbolt battery and make the thunderbolt have awesome battery life. There is apparently a rom if you root the phone that is suppose to make it silky smooth and fast. A lot of devs really like this phone after they do this, a lot of them were wanting to get nexus until they worked out the kinks on it.
sorry i was only talking about stock, didnt know they had options
JARVIS518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #24
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Every Smartphone has Options, it's just the user willing to root/jailbreak it.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #25
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
http://gigaom.com/2010/11/04/what-is-4g/

Good read on the topic at hand.
That's old, they revised the speeds needed for 4G. That's why HSPA+ claims 4G now. All 4G stands for is fourth generation. Technically, LTE is the fourth generation of cellular networking.

First Gen: First standard Analog networks.

Second Gen: Digital upgrade to CDMA and GSM.

Third Gen: HSPA (which got upgraded to HSPA+) for GSM and EVDO for CDMA

Fourth Gen: LTE for GSM (Verizon and Sprint both switching their new networks to GSM for future upgrades) and WiMax for CDMA (Sprint has recently dumped WiMax, so this will disappear)

Engineers argue if the generation should refer to speeds obtained by the networks or the actual evolution of technology. I fall into the actual evolution of the technology group. They can put controls on speeds, so you don't get bandwidth, but that doesn't mean the technology hasn't progressed a generation.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #26
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
My girl has the incredible and she hates it.
I had the incredible and it's a bad ass phone if you root it and stick MIUI on it. Very stable and fast. Incredible was loved by devs. If it had 4G, I would still be using it.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #27
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Quote:
I had the incredible and it's a bad ass phone if you root it and stick MIUI on it. Very stable and fast. Incredible was loved by devs. If it had 4G, I would still be using it.
I'll talk to her about that. She doesnt use phones to go that crazy into it, she just wanted something to surf the web/text/facebook blah blah blah...Her phone has MAJOR battery issues. She leaves for work with a full charge and by lunch it's in the yellow and she hasnt even touched it. It's nuts, and it locks up on her ALOT to the point where she has to take the battery out to get the damn thing to restart because it doesnt respond to anything she does.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:43 PM   #28
Trip
Hold mah beer!

battery issues could be OS related. Rooting it, wiping the snot out of it, and putting MIUI on it will help her. Think of MIUI as iphone meets android. It has a very iphone look to it with all the cool widgets and shit of android.

Use unrevoked to root and you can get MIUI at miui.us
Old 12-16-2011, 02:40 PM   #29
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

AT&T sucks IMO. Dropped calls up the kazoo. The funny thing is, if my phone has been sitting around for awhile, and I pick it up and make a call, the first try often drops without even ringing the other guy. Even if there are 4 bars. I have to try again before it will start ringing.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #30
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
I'll talk to her about that. She doesnt use phones to go that crazy into it, she just wanted something to surf the web/text/facebook blah blah blah...Her phone has MAJOR battery issues. She leaves for work with a full charge and by lunch it's in the yellow and she hasnt even touched it. It's nuts, and it locks up on her ALOT to the point where she has to take the battery out to get the damn thing to restart because it doesnt respond to anything she does.
Full heap
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote