Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 02-25-2009, 02:17 PM   #21
canibeyou
I'm taller on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
I have a ticklish sensation that she may live in Canada despite what her location says. Could be wrong though, but the French quote in her sig made me suspicious too.

She noted "We don't pay 2.20-2.40 for gas" and maybe she did a conversation from liter to gallon and got the 3.80 per gallon.

Just my 6 am guess.

LOL... I know I'm girl... but please give me a little more credit! I live up in the mountains of So. California. When I went to fill up the car yesterday, I paid $4.86 a gallon (for premium).

The French saying in my sig translates to: “What a marvelous thing to draw your life’s work from your passion.” I just like it 'cuz I started my own business this year and making money from a passion of mine is a double cherry on the cake of my day.

Thanks for all the responses. Just when I think I've made my mind up... I read things like this that make me reconsider, all over again, as to what I should get. I can never remember car shopping to be this "stressful"
Old 02-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #22
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
Well... camping in the Caddy... eh... not gonna happen and neither is dog hauling. Premium here runs $1.03 more than regular. And we don't pay $2.20- $2.40 for gas. More like $3.83 for regular. There's a HUGE price gap between regular and premium here. Why? Who knows but I'm happy to pass the Caddy on to someone who wants to pay for premium. But I do admit that it's a nice ride! Feels like you're driving your couch down the road.

I had a list of the ones I liked and the Hyundai Santa Fe and Saturn Vue were on that list. When we went to the dealers I just wasn't impressed with the size of them and they seemed more... "luxurious" than the "rugged" I'm looking for. I was REALLY impressed with what Hyundai had to offer and when I'm in the market for a nice SUV, I'll be taking a second look at Hyundai's Veracruz. VERY nice car indeed. I didn't pay much mind to the Vue as the size seemed even smaller than the Santa Fe and the inside of the ones we saw weren't anything to get excited about. Seemed rather cheap. As with Hyundai, I'm not too familiar with the Saturn brand and hearing that GM is dropping that soon, I'm just not gonna bother.

I liked the truck feel of the Xterra. The size appeals to me too. I really have no need for the 4WD and the 2WD gets a little better gas mileage.

Thank you, G-Rex and Quick281 for the comments too. Good to hear things like that!

Oh you live in Canada...I thought So.Cal was southern California. What does So.Cal mean then?

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #23
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
I am glad for you. I had the brake problem as most of the 04s and they did fix that one with no charge or difficulty.
It took endless calls some intercontinental to get them to take responsibility for a complete failure of the front differential. Even after ten days of fighting and their eventual agreement to honor the warranty I was told it would take 6 to 8 weeks before they could ship one. After several more phone calls it only took three weeks I had to fight to get them to honor the warranty when the exhaust manifolds cracked within a month of each other and had to fight both time to get them fixed. It took a month to get them to fix the stereo (they eventually acknowledged that they had run a sheet metal screw through the wiring harness during assembly. the fact that the truck ate a set of tires in the first 8k miles only too 4 weeks for them to resolve. I would caution anyone who is thinking of purchasing a Nissan product to read through the Titan forums and you will see a pattern of callous disregard for customer service after the sale. If you were the exception I congratulate you and the dealership you dealt with. I will also say that after several posts my documents on my experience with Nissan was forwarded by request to the AG.
Of Cars purchased by my wife and my self in the past 12 years , 7 cars from 6 companies in total. Nissan by far was the worst experience we have ever had.
Typical of Japanese automakers esp. if the distributor (Nissan Motor America) has a high stake in lowering warranty costs back to Japan.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 02-25-2009, 09:09 PM   #24
canibeyou
I'm taller on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Oh you live in Canada...I thought So.Cal was southern California. What does So.Cal mean then?
I live in the mountains of Southern California. So. Cal., So. Cali., etc. Born and raised, 3rd generation here.

But currently looking to possibly get out.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:23 PM   #25
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Typical of Japanese automakers esp. if the distributor (Nissan Motor America) has a high stake in lowering warranty costs back to Japan.
I can't speak for Nissan... as I haven't dealt with them yet... but I've NEVER had an issue with toyota.

actually I just had a situation that could have turned really bad with them before I left AK. They did maintenance on my truck and all of a sudden the entire charging system goes to shit. they swore up and down they didn't have anything to do with it... that it was a coincidence. well obviously I didn't agree... but they took care of me... gave me a loaner vehicle so I could continue packing up my storage... they priced out the parts to fix my truck and even knocked off the labor (5hrs worth) to try and do right by me... but the parts were still 1200... and worse... they couldn't get them in before I had to be on the road.

So they cut me a deal... $5000 off the price of any vehicle over 10000... I found the Xterra and talked them down a little... then took the $5000 off... walked out paying 9950+ ttl. not bad for an 06 with 48383 miles.

Toyota did right by me... always have.

only other dealer I have experience with was a Chevy one... not the greatest... service didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground... but they got the work done...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:41 PM   #26
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

My Xterra

It's dirty inside... I need to clean it...

Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:32 AM   #27
James
aka Reyn

Moto: General Lee Bigwheel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
I am glad for you. I had the brake problem as most of the 04s and they did fix that one with no charge or difficulty.
It took endless calls some intercontinental to get them to take responsibility for a complete failure of the front differential. Even after ten days of fighting and their eventual agreement to honor the warranty I was told it would take 6 to 8 weeks before they could ship one. After several more phone calls it only took three weeks I had to fight to get them to honor the warranty when the exhaust manifolds cracked within a month of each other and had to fight both time to get them fixed. It took a month to get them to fix the stereo (they eventually acknowledged that they had run a sheet metal screw through the wiring harness during assembly. the fact that the truck ate a set of tires in the first 8k miles only too 4 weeks for them to resolve. I would caution anyone who is thinking of purchasing a Nissan product to read through the Titan forums and you will see a pattern of callous disregard for customer service after the sale. If you were the exception I congratulate you and the dealership you dealt with. I will also say that after several posts my documents on my experience with Nissan was forwarded by request to the AG.
Of Cars purchased by my wife and my self in the past 12 years , 7 cars from 6 companies in total. Nissan by far was the worst experience we have ever had.

This reminds me of my issues with Jeep! Crazy... I can certainly understand your frustration! I would never buy another Nissan if I were you either. Wow.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:24 PM   #28
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
I can't speak for Nissan... as I haven't dealt with them yet... but I've NEVER had an issue with toyota.

actually I just had a situation that could have turned really bad with them before I left AK. They did maintenance on my truck and all of a sudden the entire charging system goes to shit. they swore up and down they didn't have anything to do with it... that it was a coincidence. well obviously I didn't agree... but they took care of me... gave me a loaner vehicle so I could continue packing up my storage... they priced out the parts to fix my truck and even knocked off the labor (5hrs worth) to try and do right by me... but the parts were still 1200... and worse... they couldn't get them in before I had to be on the road.

So they cut me a deal... $5000 off the price of any vehicle over 10000... I found the Xterra and talked them down a little... then took the $5000 off... walked out paying 9950+ ttl. not bad for an 06 with 48383 miles.

Toyota did right by me... always have.

only other dealer I have experience with was a Chevy one... not the greatest... service didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground... but they got the work done...
1200 bucks for what? The generator? Entire charging system went to shit? WTF does that mean? You have 1 generator on the vehicle and a slew of hiring harnesses of which an individual wire could be repaired. Sounds like someone got taken for a ride. lol You didn't pay the 1200, right?

The Xterra is tight...esp. with the manual, tho I would have bought a Jeep if I was going to buy a something other than a truck that was 4wd.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 03-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #29
canibeyou
I'm taller on Facebook

Ebbs.. your ride is SWEET!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2009, 09:33 PM   #30
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend