Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 07-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #21
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Stoner has the personality of a gnome and that's probably why Ducati figure nobody would want to buy a Stoner replica paint job.

Since new developments been made to the GP bike, Hayden had been climbing steadily up, while Stacy Moaner continues to move backward and crying about this and that.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #22
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer42 View Post
Don't forget he is on a new to him bike, that by all accounts is seemingly hard to get accustomed to for everyone BUT Stoner. Maybe you should ride the bike. I'm sorry but sports fans and their Monday morning quarterback shit really twist my shorts. And more so when done by someone who has never been competitive in the sport on ANY level much less a professional one.
Let me ask you something, what's the point of the sport? People who take it to this level and expect us to worship people and praise their mediocre performances on the world level because we can't do it twist my shorts. These people make a living off us. They are there for our entertainment. "Dance clown dance." The entire purpose of this sport is to entertain us and we can provide any amount of monday morning quarterbacking we want because that's the entire purpose of sport.

If you don't like that, don't race competitively because it's not for mastery of a motorcycle, it's for entertainment. Otherwise it wouldn't exist for lack of funding.

Hence the point of the bike, the bike wasn't made to praise "Dem Ladiez" accomplishments, it was to sell bikes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 07-06-2009 at 02:59 PM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #23
Speedracer42
Kneedragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Let me ask you something, what's the point of the sport? People who take it to this level and expect us to worship people and praise their mediocre performances on the world level because we can't do it twist my shorts. These people make a living off us. They are there for our entertainment. "Dance clown dance." The entire purpose of this sport is to entertain us and we can provide any amount of monday morning quarterbacking we want because that's the entire purpose of sport.

If you don't like that, don't race competitively because it's not for mastery of a motorcycle, it's for entertainment. Otherwise it wouldn't exist for lack of funding.

Hence the point of the bike, the bike wasn't made to praise "Dem Ladiez" accomplishments, it was to sell bikes.

Well that is certainly an interesting perspective. So people watch baseball not for the 38 seconds of super human like fights where a player makes some rediculous catch followed by an amazing off balance throw to nail a double or even triple play? Its just for the entertainment? I watch racing to see guys do feats I will never on my best day be able to do. The office quaterbacking started when some 40yo fat fuck who played 2 quarters of high school football watched a game on CBS and started telling his co-workers how the team coulda/woulda/shoulda. Its disturbing that you even use mediocre and world level in the same breath. The 10th place guy is still better than MOST of the other riders on the entire fucking planet. Its naive and stupid to think that just because a rider is payed by "you" that he should be fighting for a win. And by your logic the grids should really only be about 5 bikes deep. And in some series they would be lucky to be 3 deep. Cause NOBODY else has a snowballs chance of winning. But they are paid professionals and by God they better fucking perform for your entertainment. Otherwise you will get on the interwebby thingy and say bad things about them.
Speedracer42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #24
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Well that is certainly an interesting perspective. So people watch baseball not for the 38 seconds of super human like fights where a player makes some rediculous catch followed by an amazing off balance throw to nail a double or even triple play? Its just for the entertainment? I watch racing to see guys do feats I will never on my best day be able to do. The office quaterbacking started when some 40yo fat fuck who played 2 quarters of high school football watched a game on CBS and started telling his co-workers how the team coulda/woulda/shoulda. Its disturbing that you even use mediocre and world level in the same breath. The 10th place guy is still better than MOST of the other riders on the entire fucking planet. Its naive and stupid to think that just because a rider is payed by "you" that he should be fighting for a win. And by your logic the grids should really only be about 5 bikes deep. And in some series they would be lucky to be 3 deep. Cause NOBODY else has a snowballs chance of winning. But they are paid professionals and by God they better fucking perform for your entertainment. Otherwise you will get on the interwebby thingy and say bad things about them.
At the end of the day, by comparison to his peers, Haydon blows goats for quarters. The question isn't whether he is better than me, that question is obvious, the question is.. is he better than the rest of the grid on race day and the answer to that is NO!
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:52 PM   #25
The Awesome
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Since new developments been made to the GP bike, Hayden had been climbing steadily up, while Stacy Moaner continues to move backward and crying about this and that.
I don't like Stoner, but he's miles ahead of Hayden on his worst day. Saying a guy that falls from 1st to 3rd is "moving backward" and a guy that goes from dead-ass-last to a few positions from last is "climbing steadily up" is just silly. Lets talk when there isn't a 45 second gap between them at the finish line.
The Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #26
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Where would that baseball player be without the fans? He sure as hell wouldn't be playing major league baseball because there would be no money in it because no one would watch it or go to the games. The fans are entitled to their opinions because they are consumers of the product. A baseball star is a product, just like any TV or DVD player. How many electrical engineers do we have on the board? I know we have a few, so this is a bad analogy, lol. For those that aren't qualified engineers that design TVs, why should we value their opinions on a TV they do not understand but are simply there to enjoy the quality of the picture? It's the same shit, Nicky Hayden is a product for our consumption, we are fully qualified as consumers of this sport to give an opinion on him just as if we got a shitty TV and wanted to inform other consumers.

Not everyone is a winner, you need field fillers to make things entertaining. Watching 3 guys go around a track would be fucking boring and no one would watch it. Field fillers are there for entertainment as well, they still make money for their companies as well because people like to root for the underdog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 07-06-2009 at 05:28 PM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:13 AM   #27
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Where would that baseball player be without the fans? He sure as hell wouldn't be playing major league baseball because there would be no money in it because no one would watch it or go to the games. The fans are entitled to their opinions because they are consumers of the product. A baseball star is a product, just like any TV or DVD player. How many electrical engineers do we have on the board? I know we have a few, so this is a bad analogy, lol. For those that aren't qualified engineers that design TVs, why should we value their opinions on a TV they do not understand but are simply there to enjoy the quality of the picture? It's the same shit, Nicky Hayden is a product for our consumption, we are fully qualified as consumers of this sport to give an opinion on him just as if we got a shitty TV and wanted to inform other consumers.

Not everyone is a winner, you need field fillers to make things entertaining. Watching 3 guys go around a track would be fucking boring and no one would watch it. Field fillers are there for entertainment as well, they still make money for their companies as well because people like to root for the underdog.
I agree. Thats also why I dont get bent out of shape about the whole steriod gimmick. Fuck it...it's entertainment. What do pro sports really mean? Not a goddamn thing. There's nothign sacred about the game thats needs protecting. Fuck it. Slam a couple of rattlers and get to stepping. Smash some fuckng homers. Throw a 300 yard TD pass. I dont give a fuck. Just dont be boring. Otherwise you gots to go.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #28
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Don't forget he is on a new to him bike, that by all accounts is seemingly hard to get accustomed to for everyone BUT Stoner. Maybe you should ride the bike. I'm sorry but sports fans and their Monday morning quarterback shit really twist my shorts. And more so when done by someone who has never been competitive in the sport on ANY level much less a professional one.

How do you know what he's done or anyone else for that matter? Just because you choose to throw your money away pretending to be Rossi doesn't mean that your opinion is the only one that counts! Let's see all of your championships and MotoGp trophies before you start mouthing off that we don't deserve an opinion and you do. Maybe you aught to get Nicky's balls out of your mouth long enough to take a real look at his career. Every championship Hayden has ever "won" has been behind someone truly great having a terrible season. Do you honestly believe that your boy is a better rider than Rossi? Or Mat Mlladin? Come on! Both times he had unarguably the most dominant bikes and it still required 4-6 dnfs by Rossi/Mlladin for him to win a championship.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:52 PM   #29
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

Actually Trip, that's a decent analogy. I mean just because I can't design a car means that I can't have an opinion on how it's constructed? How it drives? Handles? Hell, I'm not an actor, does that mean I can't criticize a movie?

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 07-07-2009 at 02:55 PM..
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:04 PM   #30
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
How do you know what he's done or anyone else for that matter? Just because you choose to throw your money away pretending to be Rossi doesn't mean that your opinion is the only one that counts! Let's see all of your championships and MotoGp trophies before you start mouthing off that we don't deserve an opinion and you do. Maybe you aught to get Nicky's balls out of your mouth long enough to take a real look at his career. Every championship Hayden has ever "won" has been behind someone truly great having a terrible season. Do you honestly believe that your boy is a better rider than Rossi? Or Mat Mlladin? Come on! Both times he had unarguably the most dominant bikes and it still required 4-6 dnfs by Rossi/Mlladin for him to win a championship.
Exactly. 3 wins in your entire MotoGP career(5 1/2 seasons) doesn't mean shit. The guy is overrated, over hyped, and overly ghey. Nicky Hayden this and Nicky Hayden that....bullshit. You want to pull for an American? Try Ben Spies... a real champion.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote