Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-22-2010, 09:16 PM   #3401
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Man come on! Get you both Android tablets ftw! They bluetooth keyboards for the that stand them up like a lap top when necessary... I mean, what are you going to store in a laptop anyway?

I can't find it now but here's one for the I-Pad that we're getting my boss for X-Mas.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/techies/e65a/
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:14 PM   #3402
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Man come on! Get you both Android tablets ftw! They bluetooth keyboards for the that stand them up like a lap top when necessary... I mean, what are you going to store in a laptop anyway?

I can't find it now but here's one for the I-Pad that we're getting my boss for X-Mas.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/techies/e65a/
Android tablets can't compete with a full size laptop, they are for casual use. This is for Andrea's normal use. She needs a laptop.

I have a GS, storage is not an issue for me. I am also going to be needing more computing power than a tablet for what I am wanting to do with it. I don't really need a tablet when I have a android phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:38 PM   #3403
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

The snow is here in force...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:12 PM   #3404
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Android tablets can't compete with a full size laptop, they are for casual use. This is for Andrea's normal use. She needs a laptop.

I have a GS, storage is not an issue for me. I am also going to be needing more computing power than a tablet for what I am wanting to do with it. I don't really need a tablet when I have a android phone.
Oh well.... Most people I know don't really use the laptops they carry around. Office apps, internet, powerpoint, enough storage to get through the day and BINGO!

I agree with you about have a smart phone though... I use mine to store and recall tons of info for my job!
Old 11-22-2010, 11:15 PM   #3405
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Hey, you need to clean your BMC air filter every once in a while.... DOH!!!!

Riding Sun my bike was chugging over 9,000 ... Man, what you can forget when you don't have a "winter" to tinker with your bike.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:17 PM   #3406
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Oh well.... Most people I know don't really use the laptops they carry around. Office apps, internet, powerpoint, enough storage to get through the day and BINGO!

I agree with you about have a smart phone though... I use mine to store and recall tons of info for my job!
Mine is going to be for massive amounts of multimedia. I plan to record the entire ride. I don't feel like dealing with a tablet when doing large file tranfers. I want to get a big enough hard drive so I won't need a portable drive.

I will probably sell the laptop after the trip and upgrade my desktop. I am not a laptop person.

A is getting one for playing on the net (which could be a tablet), streaming netflixs and files from the server, and photography. She would rather a laptop for the photography part.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 11-22-2010, 11:23 PM   #3407
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Mine is going to be for massive amounts of multimedia. I plan to record the entire ride. I don't feel like dealing with a tablet when doing large file tranfers. I want to get a big enough hard drive so I won't need a portable drive.

I will probably sell the laptop after the trip and upgrade my desktop. I am not a laptop person.

A is getting one for playing on the net (which could be a tablet), streaming netflixs and files from the server, and photography. She would rather a laptop for the photography part.
To each their own... Aren't there portable HDD drives that have sd card slots and usb ports so you can download the info direct and sort through it when you get home? I have found laptops to be kinda vulnerable...
Old 11-22-2010, 11:25 PM   #3408
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
To each their own... Aren't there portable HDD drives that have sd card slots and usb ports so you can download the info direct and sort through it when you get home? I have found laptops to be kinda vulnerable...
I want something to use on the road though. I am considering a macbook pro. Good resell and those things can take a beating.
Quote:
Old 11-22-2010, 11:33 PM   #3409
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I want something to use on the road though. I am considering a macbook pro. Good resell and those things can take a beating.
Okay, okay.... my last sugestion was buy some big sd cards and sort through it at home.... Anyway, I get it buddy, you want a laptop dammit!!!

My boss has been talking about these... Not bad with a 32G sd, you've got 64G of storage. We can get them from US Cellular and only pay about $15/month if we don't download too much away from WiFi.

http://galaxytab.samsungmobile.com/
Old 11-22-2010, 11:35 PM   #3410
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
My boss has been talking about these... Not bad with a 32G sd, you've got 64G of storage. We can get them from US Cellular and only pay about $15/month if we don't download too much away from WiFi.
Yeah depending on what I film in, I could be going through a 32gb SDHC card everyday. LOL
Quote: