Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #371
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
You ate exactly right, I was assuming the black was reacting to insults from the white man. I absolutely have no proof of this and was attempting to defend him without merit. I see now that I was wrong and was actually being even more racist by defending him. I would like to again apologize for my statements and hope that you all can forgive me for my ignorance in this any many other matters of this nature. If it is any consolation, I am now pledging to forgo my self appointed role as "the defender of African Americans" on this board.
Quite frankly they don't deserve my defense of them for the most part.
What a trip...if you really posted this.

Let me get one thing straight...people have verbally pizzed me off and I have thrown the first punch in an altercation before HOWEVER when I did...it was MY fault that the situation turned physical and IF I had gotten my azz handed to me...there would be no one to blame but me.

I've also stated that I wouldn't want to be around the old white dude period...he comes off as an instigator and has a screw loose and I also said the black guy is probably an ok person to be around when he's not drinking so I sure am not taking sides due to race.

I did say in an earlier post that I was glad to see that when the white guy started winning that other blacks didn't join in and help the black guy just because he's black and I still feel that way. I've seen it happen too many times in my life and I hate that chit.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:00 AM   #372
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

I don't agree with that Z06. There are situations where it should be perfectly acceptable to throw the first punch without being at fault.

Verbal threats are one. "Hey buddy, I'm gonna kick 'yer ass" *BAM!* Just depends on the situation.

Someone grabs your wife's ass. *KERPLOW!*

A dude pushes your kid down on purpose *BANG!*

And so on. We've got to stop viewing violence with a no-tolerance outlook.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:02 AM   #373
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I don't agree with that Z06. There are situations where it should be perfectly acceptable to throw the first punch without being at fault.

Verbal threats are one. "Hey buddy, I'm gonna kick 'yer ass" *BAM!* Just depends on the situation.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:04 AM   #374
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:

Well we aren't really in disagreement...except maybe in your first example. If you threw the first punch then yes you made it physical and I've been guilty of that myself. Yes it does depend on the exact situation though.

In your other examples...they touched your wife and they pushed your kid...that made it physical...not you for cold cocking them.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:06 AM   #375
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Well we aren't really in disagreement...except maybe in your first example. If you threw the first punch then yes you made it physical and I've been guilty of that myself. Yes it does depend on the exact situation though.

In your other examples...they touched your wife and they pushed your kid...that made it physical...not you for cold cocking them.
The first one is in response to a verbal threat depending on the situation. You can look at someone and know if they're serious most of the time. If someone TELLS you that they're about to try to physically harm you and you know they mean it, then you'd be an idiot to wait. A simple threat assessment will dictate your response.

"Fightins commenced Ike, get to fightin' or get out"

Punches are harder to dodge than you might think, always better to get the first one in if the situation warrants it.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 02-25-2010, 11:06 AM   #376
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
What a trip...if you really posted this.

Let me get one thing straight...people have verbally pizzed me off and I have thrown the first punch in an altercation before HOWEVER when I did...it was MY fault that the situation turned physical and IF I had gotten my azz handed to me...there would be no one to blame but me.

I've also stated that I wouldn't want to be around the old white dude period...he comes off as an instigator and has a screw loose and I also said the black guy is probably an ok person to be around when he's not drinking so I sure am not taking sides due to race.

I did say in an earlier post that I was glad to see that when the white guy started winning that other blacks didn't join in and help the black guy just because he's black and I still feel that way. I've seen it happen too many times in my life and I hate that chit.
Oh for sure I too have witnessed their propensity to gang up on individuals and have actually been the victim of black gang violence in the past. It is a disgusting trait which I have zero tolerance for. In my defense I can say that I have never gathered my homies together to attack a single person but have always handled my battles on an individual basis.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:18 AM   #377
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
The first one is in response to a verbal threat depending on the situation. You can look at someone and know if they're serious most of the time. If someone TELLS you that they're about to try to physically harm you and you know they mean it, then you'd be an idiot to wait. A simple threat assessment will dictate your response.

"Fightins commenced Ike, get to fightin' or get out"

Punches are harder to dodge than you might think, always better to get the first one in if the situation warrants it.
I agreed that it depended on the situation...right ?

I also said I've thrown the first punch...more than once but I also said that it was ME that actually made it physical.

If I think for a second that you're about to come at me...I guarantee I'm not gonna just stand there...been there and done that and most likely will again.

Again...it DOES depend on the situation.

Oh yeah...punches are not harder to dodge than I might think...I've been hit more than once.

Quote:
Oh for sure I too have witnessed their propensity to gang up on individuals and have actually been the victim of black gang violence in the past. It is a disgusting trait which I have zero tolerance for. In my defense I can say that I have never gathered my homies together to attack a single person but have always handled my battles on an individual basis.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:20 AM   #378
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
I'm sorry I didn't mean to imply that you had stated that the black Guy was at fault, I was simply stating that I now blame him for the altercation. He certainly did get what he deserved and I hope for his sake that he has learned his lesson. I honestly do admire the fact that you have been able to avoid verbally provoked violence for your entire life. I'm not sure but I doubt many others can make such a claim, again I certainly can not. Again please accept my apology if I inadvertently misconstrued your comments, sir. That was not my intention. Thank you for your forbearance in this matter.
Why am I picturing an evil grin and maniacal laughter from you, while you were typing this?

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:22 AM   #379
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I agreed that it depended on the situation...right ?

I also said I've thrown the first punch...more than once but I also said that it was ME that actually made it physical.

What I was disagreeing with was the notion that you were at fault for throwing the first punch.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:24 AM   #380
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Why am I picturing an evil grin and maniacal laughter from you, while you were typing this?