Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 11-27-2008, 05:26 PM   #31
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
Oh and BTW, the RC4 has the same basic motor as the SMC, so neither bike needs a rebuild that often.

Agreed.

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:37 PM   #32
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

The first bike I wanted was a KLR650. Not a motard but I've always liked the Dual Sport look.

I'd like a motard but probably the new Yamaha 225(I think that's it). Something light to flick around. I'd really love to motard out a CR500 just for the Holy Shit factor.

But I want a true dual sport before I get a motard.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:10 PM   #33
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

I do too much distance riding to consider one as an only bike... I'd love one to crash into shit and tear up my commute with... All goes as planned, a motard will be my next bike.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:39 PM   #34
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

Yeah OSP, I couldn't own JUST the motard..

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:07 AM   #35
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I do too much distance riding to consider one as an only bike... I'd love one to crash into shit and tear up my commute with... All goes as planned, a motard will be my next bike.
Weren't you saying that when you wrecked the Buell? And when you got the Honda, and still now you have the TLR.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:13 AM   #36
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I've never ridden one... and up until recently I never could understand the draw... but as of lately... I'm start'n to take a liking to them... no idea why... it's not like I've recently seen or done something that's drawn me in... or at least nothing I can put my finger on.

I'd like to ride one first... but I'd love to have one in my garage... but to be honest... there really isn't a bike I wouldn't have room for in my garage given the space and money
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:16 AM   #37
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
Weren't you saying that when you wrecked the Buell? And when you got the Honda, and still now you have the TLR.
Yeah... hell, I was saying that before I got the Buell... I came to the conclusion real quick that I couldn't just own a motard and unfortunately my finances have not allowed me to have two bikes... yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
I've never ridden one... and up until recently I never could understand the draw... but as of lately... I'm start'n to take a liking to them... no idea why... it's not like I've recently seen or done something that's drawn me in... or at least nothing I can put my finger on.

I'd like to ride one first... but I'd love to have one in my garage... but to be honest... there really isn't a bike I wouldn't have room for in my garage given the space and money
Don't watch part I cause it plays a Disturbed song... But this has Jump Da Fuck Up, which is awesome... Oh, and this pretty much is why I want a motard...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo0pZ5gpjj8

Last edited by OneSickPsycho; 11-28-2008 at 09:19 AM..
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:10 PM   #38
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Yeah... hell, I was saying that before I got the Buell... I came to the conclusion real quick that I couldn't just own a motard and unfortunately my finances have not allowed me to have two bikes... yet.

Don't watch part I cause it plays a Disturbed song... But this has Jump Da Fuck Up, which is awesome... Oh, and this pretty much is why I want a motard...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo0pZ5gpjj8
Man,things have really changed! I rarely like to break out the "S" word but seriously....Those guys couldn't keep it in their own lanes and riding on the sidewalk,up and down steps outside of churches and schools? If that exact video was made using GSXRs you would all be screaming "SQUID!" at the top of your lungs! BTW I have video of a buddy of mine performing WAY better jumps on a GSXR750. Don't get me wrong,I used to do that kind of shit all the time on my enduro,of course it was a 1972 MX250 and I was in HIGH SCHOOL!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:17 PM   #39
xx CURVE xx
SMELL MY LEVER

Moto: Tards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamerhaw View Post
does anyone besides me NOT like motards? i mean i've rode several, and they are VERY quick in the real tight stuff(been smoked by several), but i've never had the urge to own one, they just seem a bit slow and weakly
Tards aren't for fat dudes
xx CURVE xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:20 PM   #40
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx CURVE xx View Post
Tards aren't for fat dudes
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote