Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 01-27-2009, 10:27 PM   #31
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
Thanks for the link. Thats Antonio Margarito. That was the main event. The problem was in the wrap not the gloves. You only get so much gauze and tape to use on your hands. But it sounds like they put something in them. We will find out when the test are back I guess.

All that and ended up getting his ass beat but a older fighter.

James
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:31 PM   #32
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

Yep, but the other dude was part of that steroid report, I forgot who published that.

Dan Rafael: "In Shane's case the general notion is that his doping was limited to one fight. He has an otherwise pristine reputation as a great fighter and a great guy and I, along with many others, probably will cut him some slack when the HOF vote comes."

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:35 PM   #33
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
No at all. To me there seems to be more love/hate with boxing then before. I don't think there was the hate back in the day. Now I see the hate from a lot (not all) of MMA fans. Some I think just like how brutal MMA can get. Some act like they can only like one or the other. I like boxing more but I do like other fight sports. One weekend I was at my computer and had a tv beside it. I watched about 6 hours or more of straight MMA. Years ago I would watch a bit of kick boxing or Martial Arts.

James
I think the sports outlets have kind of added to the split between Boxing and MMA fans. They continually produce the same "which is better" stories about two or three times a year, right around when UFC is about to have a big PPV card. ESPN is bad about brining in Rogan or Dana White to hype up the fights, and then have some boxing analyst who has dismissed MMA come on and debate which is better. If anything, the sports writers and boxing commentators seem to spread an intense amount of hate towards MMA and contribute to this either/or mentality. I guess they figure it's impossible to like both.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:36 PM   #34
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
Yep, but the other dude was part of that steroid report, I forgot who published that.

Dan Rafael: "In Shane's case the general notion is that his doping was limited to one fight. He has an otherwise pristine reputation as a great fighter and a great guy and I, along with many others, probably will cut him some slack when the HOF vote comes."
Yeah he was in with Balco along with some baseball players and I forget who else. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BALCO

Among the athletes listed in the record of BALCO customers were:

* MLB players: Barry Bonds, Jason Giambi, Gary Sheffield, Benito Santiago, Jeremy Giambi, Bobby Estalella, Armando Rios
* Athletes: Hammer thrower John McEwen, shot putters Kevin Toth and C.J. Hunter, sprinters Dwain Chambers, Marion Jones, Tim Montgomery, Raymond J. Smith and Kelli White, middle-distance runner Regina Jacobs, boxer Shane Mosley.
* Cycling : Tammy Thomas.
* NFL players: A number from the Oakland Raiders, including Bill Romanowski, Tyrone Wheatley, Barrett Robbins, Chris Cooper and Dana Stubblefield.
* Judo: Conte was also connected with supplying "vitamin supplements" to the 1988 U.S. Olympic Judo team coached by Willy Cahill of San Bruno, California.
* Christos Tzekos and his athletes were initially connected to BALCO but later cleared.[3]

That story was big news when it broke.

James
Old 01-27-2009, 10:38 PM   #35
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I think the sports outlets have kind of added to the split between Boxing and MMA fans. They continually produce the same "which is better" stories about two or three times a year, right around when UFC is about to have a big PPV card. ESPN is bad about brining in Rogan or Dana White to hype up the fights, and then have some boxing analyst who has dismissed MMA come on and debate which is better. If anything, the sports writers and boxing commentators seem to spread an intense amount of hate towards MMA and contribute to this either/or mentality. I guess they figure it's impossible to like both.
I noticed that before but haven't seen any of it in about a year from what I can remember and I hate it.

Rogan is bad for talking bad about Boxing if I remember right.

Dana doesn't like anything that isn't UFC. I'm not a big fan of his.

James
Old 01-27-2009, 10:42 PM   #36
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

Yeah, thanks, couldn't remember the name of the guy who did it.

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:45 PM   #37
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
I noticed that before but haven't seen any of it in about a year from what I can remember and I hate it.

James
Nah, Rogan is pretty clear on boxing vs. MMA... He thinks MMA is superior, mostly due to a lack of depth throughout the ranks, however he is a huge boxing fan.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:47 PM   #38
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:

James
ESPN has them at least twice a year. They had something along those lines before the big Lesnar/Couture fight. I like Rogan. He's very passionate about the sport and knows his shit. He's also had some pretty entertaining heated debates with one of the boxing guys that ESPN likes to bring in, who kinda looks like a child molester anyway.

Dana White kind of reminds me of Don King. He knows how to hype the hell out of the UFC and anything not his is shit. But he's also starting to take on the other traits, like not knowing when to shut up, and talking a lot of shit and making complicated matters worse. He seems to rub a lot of fighters the wrong way, and has driven away some names with his inflated ego.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:58 PM   #39
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Nah, Rogan is pretty clear on boxing vs. MMA... He thinks MMA is superior, mostly due to a lack of depth throughout the ranks, however he is a huge boxing fan.
I was sure he was talking bad about it before. I was wrong once before so it could happen again. But I'm sure I heard him talk bad about it and now I don't really pay much attention to him.

The problem with Boxing is the amount of belts and promoters that are not making fights. It has been improving a bit. The Klitschko's own three of the four heavy weight belts now and both want to fight the other title holder. If that fight happens at least it will be down to two champs in that division.

If they unify the belts in most of the divisions it will improve it a lot.

James
Old 01-27-2009, 11:03 PM   #40
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
ESPN has them at least twice a year. They had something along those lines before the big Lesnar/Couture fight. I like Rogan. He's very passionate about the sport and knows his shit. He's also had some pretty entertaining heated debates with one of the boxing guys that ESPN likes to bring in, who kinda looks like a child molester anyway.

Dana White kind of reminds me of Don King. He knows how to hype the hell out of the UFC and anything not his is shit. But he's also starting to take on the other traits, like not knowing when to shut up, and talking a lot of shit and making complicated matters worse. He seems to rub a lot of fighters the wrong way, and has driven away some names with his inflated ego.
The media can be a bitch at times. Why can't they just talk about the fight rather then the two sports? It stupid. Why don't they change it up and do one on Football/Soccer or Football/Hockey or Baseball/Basketball. You see what I'm saying. Just talk about the sport itself. They are two fight sports. Talk about the fight that is about to happen or the possible fights for the winner and where they could go from there. They are not helping either sport with that bullshit.

James