Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track > MotoGP

Old 12-31-2008, 07:21 PM   #31
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx CURVE xx View Post
Just thought of this...Isn't there a rule that requires a certain amount of bikes on grid to run a series???
I dunno... be interesting to find out... but shit... they could always just adjust the rules... I seriously doubt they'd go... sorry.. no motogp this year... we needed 2 more bikes according to rules...

speaking of that... fuck'n WSBK has like 5000 bikes start the race... it's awesome....
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:57 PM   #32
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

long live wsbk! is motogp failing really that bad of a thing? wsbk's rules are much more favorable towards pushing top notch technology into our hands. suddenly i think the likelyhood of us seeing a gsv-r 1000 and rvf 1000 in the next few years has risen greatly.
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:16 PM   #33
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
long live wsbk! is motogp failing really that bad of a thing? wsbk's rules are much more favorable towards pushing top notch technology into our hands. suddenly i think the likelyhood of us seeing a gsv-r 1000 and rvf 1000 in the next few years has risen greatly.
yes... cause WSBK only has 1 race in the us!!!

honestly though... I would HATE to see MotoGP fail... I don't want any motorcycle class to fail... we don't see enough races here in the US as it is... and with out motogp... it'd be even less... AMA having no factory support isn't a good thing either imo... that'd leave WSBK as the only road racing league with factory support... right?

I do think WSBK is more entertaining than motogp has been the last couple years... even the 250's are more exciting... but I still love MotoGP. what would be awesome is see WSBK merge with Motogp... but it'll never happen... the only reason people stay in WSBK is $$$... and with MotoGP being all about prototypes... the cost isn't going down...

what motogp needs to do is get rid of the fuck'n electronics... most riders don't like them... so what's the point? limit speed? obviously that's not work'n...
Old 01-01-2009, 02:01 AM   #34
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

ya know guys...

I've been doing quite a bit of reading about this whole thing, Smilies article and quite a few other places... and honestly... if Kawi goes... given the state of the world economy... I think the privateers are next... and with Rossi's contract up in 2010 and him hint'n that he may not return.. I think this may be start of the end of MotoGP...

WSBK is cheaper to field a team in... they're very nearly as fast... Rossi himself says it's more exciting... and if next year anyone runs away with the title... it'll be one more nail I believe.

All I can hope is that WSBK capitalizes and adds Indy or Barber to the schedule and sucks in fans that are left behind...

I highly doubt Hopper and Melandri both will find a last minute motogp ride... I fully expect to see one or both in WSBK... and honestly... I think that'd be the best thing right now...
Old 01-02-2009, 09:40 AM   #35
xx CURVE xx
SMELL MY LEVER

Moto: Tards

this from the story about Honda maybe pulling out of MotoGp a few weeks back not found the official ruling on this yet

If Honda did pull out of MotoGP, it would have a devastating effect on the series. Honda currently provides 6 of the 19 bikes on the grid, and with FIM rules requiring a minimum of 15 entries for a world championship series, the prospects of the 2009 MotoGP season being run as a cup
xx CURVE xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #36
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

if Honda pulls out... I can almost guarentee WSBK will have 10+ new riders next season.

fuck... I really hope the WSBK folks realize the market in the US if MotoGP fails and AMA runs with out factory support of any kind...
Old 01-02-2009, 11:30 AM   #37
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

F1 has had bad years before, they always manage to survive.

WSBK has a crowded grid already and WSS is practically flooded. Talent pool runs pretty deep as well.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:39 AM   #38
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
F1 has had bad years before, they always manage to survive.

WSBK has a crowded grid already and WSS is practically flooded. Talent pool runs pretty deep as well.
but has F1 ever had two major manufactures possibly drop out in a year? shit in the last 2 years MotoGP has lost 3 teams... Kawasaki, Team Roberts, Ilmo... now maybe a 4th and one that supplies 1/4 of the grid?

and yes WSBK does have a crowded grid... but can you imagine 1-15 being world championship contenders? mother fuck'n
Old 01-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #39
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Thats what I like about WSBK. The spec tire puts them all within 2-4 seconds of the pole time. Sure there are some who can't ever hope to close that gap, but each weekend different people go to the front and there always seem to be 5-6 that have the pace to challenge any given race, sometimes even different between race 1 and race 2! I would hate to watch MotoGP and see 8 bikes on the grid. Can't imagine that it would get that bad but even with a 20 bike grid there are usually only 3-4 on the pace and always one who has them covered...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:53 PM   #40
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

I've never been big into WSBK... and I dont know why. I mean when SPEED actually covers a race or two, I'll sit down and watch them. And it does generally seem like good racing, with the likes of Haga, Bayliss, Biaggi, Fabrizio, and Tamada....

But it would be immensly sad if GP were to fizzle and die. Theres just something about the prototypes and riders that I enjoy so much more...
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote