Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-03-2009, 08:37 PM   #31
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Wow you're really taking it off topic there eh? Comparing abortion to the gear debate is absurd. I'd vote against a law requiring gear and I'm anti helmet law as well...I just happen to think its stupid to ride without gear.

My point was that jeans suck as protective gear. Again, it doesn't take any time to throw on some over pants and they are far superior to jeans in preventing roadrash. Mine are even armored.

Yes, I wear them every time I ride....and I've been known to cover some serious distance on a bike.
________
IPAD CASES

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 07:50 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:37 PM   #32
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I always "encourage" people to wear at least as much gear as I do, jeans, jacket, boots, helmet, and gloves.
We have different standards. I minimize my risks by wearing proper gear. I expect the same of my passengers and provide as such. If they don't abide, they don't ride with me. A lot of my friends think the same. It's like buying a 100 dollar piece of shit helmet for a passenger and then spending 600 on your own melon. Both brains are equally important, as is the health and safety of your passenger.

You may be allowing her to make her own decisions, but if a mistake by you causes her to be in more pain b/c her lack of gear - in my mind you are partly to blame. You encouraged her to ride on your bike in minimal gear by allowing her to put her foot over your machine in shorts.

Sometimes people make bad decisions even if they are adults.
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #33
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
I know lots of people on the internet that swear they NEVER ride other than in a full leather racing suit. I guess that's where all of these 10 year old bikes with 6,000 miles on them come from.
I hear you there. You ask those people how they use their bike, and find out they use it only for weekend rides ----- they don't commute to work every day on it. If they did they'd probably eat their words and start wearing jeans.

I've only known one person who wore a full leather suit just to go to work. But given that her commute was like 45-60 minutes on LA freeways, I can understand. Everyone else either wears jeans, or textile overpants if they need to wear nice pants to work.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #34
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Wow you're really taking it off topic there eh? Comparing abortion to the gear debate is absurd. I'd vote against a law requiring gear and I'm anti helmet law as well...I just happen to think its stupid to ride without gear.

My point was that jeans suck as protective gear. Again, it doesn't take any time to throw on some over pants and they are far superior to jeans in preventing roadrash. Mine are even armored.

Yes, I wear them every time I ride....and I've been known to cover some serious distance on a bike.

Ha I'm just taking it to absurdity to say that I believe that women should be able to make all of the decisions concerning their bodies themselves... Ha or something like that anyway.. It sounded good in pre-planning but it falls kinda flat in post-production...

Besides, this is my thread and I decide where it goes motherfucker!!! hahahahaha!!! Anyway, do you think the subject of this thread was, "Convince Tigger to force his gf to wear gear"? Who started this high jack buddy?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:57 PM   #35
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Ha I'm just taking it to absurdity to say that I believe that women should be able to make all of the decisions concerning their bodies themselves... Ha or something like that anyway.. It sounded good in pre-planning but it falls kinda flat in post-production...

Besides, this is my thread and I decide where it goes motherfucker!!! hahahahaha!!! Anyway, do you think the subject of this thread was, "Convince Tigger to force his gf to wear gear"? Who started this high jack buddy?
Everyone knows what's best for you and yours, even if you don't. They must work in government.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #36
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Nice pics, not reading through all the words, I rode squid the other day. I was rushing to school and left my jacket in my work truck. Another guy headed out in my work truck about 5 miles away. Running late for school I hop on my bike and haul balls with no jacket. I was thinking later on how retarded that was but damn did it feel good.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #37
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrchick View Post
We have different standards. I minimize my risks by wearing proper gear. I expect the same of my passengers and provide as such. If they don't abide, they don't ride with me. A lot of my friends think the same. It's like buying a 100 dollar piece of shit helmet for a passenger and then spending 600 on your own melon. Both brains are equally important, as is the health and safety of your passenger.

You may be allowing her to make her own decisions, but if a mistake by you causes her to be in more pain b/c her lack of gear - in my mind you are partly to blame. You encouraged her to ride on your bike in minimal gear by allowing her to put her foot over your machine in shorts.

Sometimes people make bad decisions even if they are adults.
That's true... oh and I did exactly what you said by buying her a $49 Scorpion EXO-400 while I wear a Shark RSR2. Well I won't wear leather pants in 90 deg weather so I guess I won't be riding with you Oh well... Oh and the "health and safety" of my passenger is definitely NOT as important as my own. That's silly. Just like your health and safety isn't as important as mine...not to me anyway. Besides, when it comes to protection a $50 Dot/Snell approved lid provides the same amount as a $1000 lid. We both know that a lot of that money difference goes to advertising, design, graphics, paint, liner material/comfort. I've never seen a Snell approved helmet fail, have you?

Yea, yea and I "allow" her to smoke so I guess I'll be partially responsible, along with all of her friends and family, when she dies of cancer...
Old 06-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #38
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Everyone knows what's best for you and yours, even if you don't. They must work in government.
Yea... I mean I know that it's better to wear gear, not eat saturated fats, not drink caffeine, not fuck without condoms, etc but I don't need other people trying to tell me how I should live my life. The funniest part has always been that if this were a Harley/cruiser forum almost no one would give me any shit about gear. Fuck, Gasman rides in a t-shirt, jeans and a half helmet all the time and no one gives him any shit!
Old 06-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #39
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Scorpion EXO400 ftw, best deal on a helmet ever. Looks like a bowling ball, and weighs about as much, but whatever.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #40
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Nice pics, not reading through all the words, I rode squid the other day. I was rushing to school and left my jacket in my work truck. Another guy headed out in my work truck about 5 miles away. Running late for school I hop on my bike and haul balls with no jacket. I was thinking later on how retarded that was but damn did it feel good.

Yea, it's been pushing 90 around here lately... if I were forced to either not ride or wear a full leather suit through stop and go traffic to get to campus/work/cruising... well my bike would be parked most of the Summer...