Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 08-10-2011, 01:01 PM   #41
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
You guys crack me up...."I wouldn't drive THAT"...."It's a plastic heap of shit...blah blah blah"....acting like your Jeremy Clarkson...or Jay Leno...people with the resources to REALLY be particular about what they drive. (And Clarkson LOVED the ZR-1....just say'in.)

If someone parked a ZR-1 in your driveway and said, here, it's yours to drive....every one of you would pull a fucking hamstring rushing out there to drive it...to go show it off to your friends.

(Well, except for Slice...who would likely stand there whining about how it's paint didn't match his shoes....you know, to look "cool" in front of the other gay ass hipsters arriving in their beat down "I got a great deal" Audis )

That cah makes me hahd in my pants.

I'd drive that cah ovah to the Nahth End for lunch. Then I'd pahk in front of Faneuil Hall and sit on the hood with my Bruins jersey on so everybody would know how wicked awesome I am.

I'd drive to The Cape anytime it is wahm.

Bettah?
Old 08-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #42
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

If someone gave me this car, I would immediately put if for sale. I could go out and get me a lot of moto stuff for the money I would get from this car and it wouldn't be worth it to drive it and risk reducing it's value. I see $$$ when looking at it, not fun factor.

Motorcycles a billion times > cars
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:17 PM   #43
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
You guys crack me up...."I wouldn't drive THAT"...."It's a plastic heap of shit...blah blah blah"....acting like your Jeremy Clarkson...or Jay Leno...people with the resources to REALLY be particular about what they drive. (And Clarkson LOVED the ZR-1....just say'in.)

If someone parked a ZR-1 in your driveway and said, here, it's yours to drive....every one of you would pull a fucking hamstring rushing out there to drive it...to go show it off to your friends.

(Well, except for Slice...who would likely stand there whining about how it's paint didn't match his shoes....you know, to look "cool" in front of the other gay ass hipsters arriving in their beat down "I got a great deal" Audis )
Its not that I wouldn't drive or that I do not like the car.
Its just not a car I would buy. If I wanted to buy a vette, it would be a ZO6.
If I wanted that drivetrain, I'd buy a CTS-v wagon with a 6spd thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:18 PM   #44
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
If someone gave me this car, I would immediately put if for sale. I could go out and get me a lot of moto stuff for the money I would get from this car and it wouldn't be worth it to drive it and risk reducing it's value. I see $$$ when looking at it, not fun factor.

Motorcycles a billion times > cars
What that guy said, except with more pizzaz

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 08-10-2011, 01:52 PM   #45
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:

I disagree. To me (personal opinion only), the Corvette is an overpriced Camaro. It elicits almost zero emotional response from me. Were a ZR1 to magically show up in my driveway, I'd put it up for sale or trade it in and would have zero regrets. They're fun to drive in short periods of time, but there are plenty of other cars (and bikes) I'd much rather have at that price and less.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #46
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Maybe in recent years.
Omni, Charger, & Reliant interiors.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #47
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
A great car is a great car, and yes, that car is a great car, but that doesn't mean it's without flaws. What's wrong with pointing them out? Some people like me are perfectionists......I look at shit and go, "they could have done THIS"

It is called the glass half empty syndrome.

Plus, I'm sitting here in front of a computer......I can't drive it.......All I can do is look at it and make comments.

Meanwhile I have the free cash to not need a mortgage, and to nibble on stocks as the market goes down...
Old 08-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #48
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
A great car is a great car, and yes, that car is a great car, but that doesn't mean it's without flaws. What's wrong with pointing them out? Some people like me are perfectionists......I look at shit and go, "they could have done THIS"

It is called the glass half empty syndrome.

Plus, I'm sitting here in front of a computer......I can't drive it.......All I can do is look at it and make comments.

Meanwhile I have the free cash to not need a mortgage, and to nibble on stocks as the market goes down...
How did you end up with the A4?
Did you finally retire the Probe?

Is it the 5v 2.8 V6 or the 1.8T?

Quote:
Old 08-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #49
Homeslice
Elitist

The Probe needed too much work to justify for something only worth $1,500, lol........struts, paint job, tires......

Wanted a 4 door anyway.....with AWD for Tahoe trips

It's the 5V V6........The 1.8T is a good motor too, but only if the previous owner used good oil and changed it regularly

You can get Audis cheap because their resale sucks......People get afraid of them as time goes by
Old 08-11-2011, 04:28 AM   #50
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Omni, Charger, & Reliant interiors.
L bodies have interiors? Put it against a g body with the mark cross package and the leather recaro buckets. Not even a contest
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote