Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 08-29-2009, 10:05 AM   #41
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
no way! you must cower in your closet and let them do their business.......they have rights ya know!!!
The Ted Kennedy plan. Nice!!!

As far as I'm concerned if you have my shit you have part of my life and I want it back or compensated with yours. You steal my $100 tv with me making $10 an hour then you stole 10 hours of my life.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:36 AM   #42
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
How do we know he wasn't just trying to follow them to find out where they lived, hid out, etc.? Or maybe he was just trying to get a license number. Maybe they saw him, stopped and confronted him? At that point, he feared for his life and took appropriate action.
I suppose that's possible but I think it's unlikely. If someone just bound my wife and I then ransacked our house, I wouldn't leave her home alone to get a plate number.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:57 AM   #43
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Redneck vigilante justice: the American way.

Or at least, the way that some Americans wish it was. Even though less than 1% of those who claim to want that style of justice would have the guts to actually practice it if given the opportunity.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:13 AM   #44
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I guess its better to know you're a coward than to think you would do something?
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #45
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I guess its better to know you're a coward than to think you would do something?
At least it's more honest. But then this is the internet.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:26 AM   #46
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I think thats a hard thing to determine. People will say anything, but untill youre put in a situation like that its hard to say.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:26 AM   #47
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Redneck vigilante justice: the American way.

Or at least, the way that some Americans wish it was. Even though less than 1% of those who claim to want that style of justice would have the guts to actually practice it if given the opportunity.
Why do you call them rednecks? Think this shows your biased way of thinking....you don't have to be a "redneck" to defend your property. Some people just don't want to bend over and get fucked in the ass...some people like getting fucked in the ass. I'm of the former group, which by the way does not make me a redneck, an internet hero, brave, cowardly or anything other than a dude that doesn't like to get fucked in the ass by dirty scumbags who don't deserve to breathe the same air as me.

What strikes me about your posts, Homeslice, is how you always come back to make the point that only a small percentage of us would actually do anything about it and that we're just thumping our chests on the internet. While I believe you're very wrong about that assumption what it really shows me is that YOU are too scared or whatever to do something so you think everyone else's heart must be in the same place.

But you're wrong. I carry a 1911 .45 in Condition 1 most places I go...not because it makes my dick bigger...but because there are bad people out there that deserve to get shot in the face if they dare try to take something I or my wife worked for. Its a mentality I was raised with...as is the case with most of the guys on this forum that you constantly oppose in these matters.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:52 AM   #48
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Why do you call them rednecks? Think this shows your biased way of thinking....you don't have to be a "redneck" to defend your property. .
You aren't a redneck for defending your home or your life with a gun.......But you're a redneck for getting into your car and chasing after them and shooting them, IMO.

But I love how some of you try to take anyone who objects to this behavior and lump them into the anti-gun crowd, or anti-self defense crowd.

Quote:
What strikes me about your posts, Homeslice, is how you always come back to make the point that only a small percentage of us would actually do anything about it and that we're just thumping our chests on the internet. While I believe you're very wrong about that assumption what it really shows me is that YOU are too scared or whatever to do something so you think everyone else's heart must be in the same place.
Or perhaps it's not fear, but a different idea about what citizens should and should not be allowed to do. I don't think it's right to use deadly force against someone who no longer presents an equivalent force against you, and is simply running away with something they allegedly took from you. Think of the slippery slope that would open up.

I may be wrong but I doubt there are many police departments whose policies freely allow thier officers to shoot fleeing thieves unless they had used a weapon, had physically assaulted someone, or were physically threatening the officer.

Last edited by Homeslice; 08-29-2009 at 12:01 PM..
Old 08-29-2009, 12:11 PM   #49
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

If its just a difference in opinion then way make fun of those who think differently by calling them rednecks or chest thumpers?

I mean, I think your viewpoints related to self defense are ridiculous, but I give you credit because before I started reading your posts years ago I had no idea people actually thought like that. Seriously...it was eye opening.

Our biggest difference in this particular post is what we consider self defense. I consider what this guy did, chasing down the bad guys and doing some killing as self defense. To me defense is your response to a threat. These guys threatened him and his wife and he responded. It does not matter to me that he had to get untied and chase them down.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:15 PM   #50
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
If its just a difference in opinion then way make fun of those who think differently by calling them rednecks or chest thumpers?

I mean, I think your viewpoints related to self defense are ridiculous, but I give you credit because before I started reading your posts years ago I had no idea people actually thought like that. Seriously...it was eye opening.

Our biggest difference in this particular post is what we consider self defense. I consider what this guy did, chasing down the bad guys and doing some killing as self defense. To me defense is your response to a threat. These guys threatened him and his wife and he responded. It does not matter to me that he had to get untied and chase them down.

I would think at that point the threat no longer exsisted though. Theyre out of the house and hopefully long gone. Now I applaud what the guy did esp taking a few skells out of the gene pool, and would like to think if I owned a gun may do the same thing to at least try to retrieve my stuff.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote