Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 06-24-2010, 05:49 PM   #41
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
And blame the laissez-faire attitude towards regulation adopted by Republicans. Most of whom's main concern in life is "Hey, I'm worth a bit of money, I should do anything I possibly can to protect that"

Bush was just a fuckup all-around, it never ceases to amaze me how many people still deny that. I could care less how "get-er-done" he was, he was still the worst president this country has ever had. Instead of admitting his faults, conservatives would rather say "Well you blamed Bush for everything, so now we're going to blame Obama for everything, ha ha ha"
Do you know what regulations were changed under Bush that pertain to this incident?
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:08 PM   #42
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
And blame the laissez-faire attitude towards regulation adopted by Republicans. Most of whom's main concern in life is "Hey, I'm worth a bit of money, I should do anything I possibly can to protect that"

Bush was just a fuckup all-around, it never ceases to amaze me how many people still deny that. I could care less how "get-er-done" he was, he was still the worst president this country has ever had. Instead of admitting his faults, conservatives would rather say "Well you blamed Bush for everything, so now we're going to blame Obama for everything, ha ha ha"
I'm not a fan of Bush, but he gets credit for WAAAAAAYYYY more than what he had real impacts on... Someone farted in an elevator one time and that was Bush's fault too. Still don't consider him to be the worst ever... just the worst recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Liberals tend to over-regulate. Conservatives like to give the impression of being "law & order", but fail to provide adequate funding to actually enforce regulations. Of the two, I think that over-regulation is preferable to complete failure.
Easy to say for this situation... However, there's no evidence saying that this couldn't have happened under Obama's watch... I mean, what has he changed that would have prevented it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Do you know what regulations were changed under Bush that pertain to this incident?
Doesn't matter... everything shitty that happened from 2001-present is Bush's fault.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:19 PM   #43
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Easy to say for this situation... However, there's no evidence saying that this couldn't have happened under Obama's watch... I mean, what has he changed that would have prevented it?
Hard to say, given that the economy took a dump when he was stepping up. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Remember, during the Bush regime people were blaming Clinton and Carter(!) for how the banking system fell apart.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #44
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Hard to say, given that the economy took a dump when he was stepping up. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Remember, during the Bush regime people were blaming Clinton and Carter(!) for how the banking system fell apart.
Well technically Carter and Clinton did create/amend the legislation that allowed it to happen, but they are not fully to blame. There is PLENTY of blame to go around... Bushy and Congress on both sides share it...
Old 06-24-2010, 06:41 PM   #45
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I'm not a fan of Bush, but he gets credit for WAAAAAAYYYY more than what he had real impacts on... Someone farted in an elevator one time and that was Bush's fault too. Still don't consider him to be the worst ever... just the worst recently.
I agree.

Quote:
I agree with this also. In fact approval to drill this particular site was issued under the Obama administration, though it was very early on. Still, I don't know of any major changes in drilling regulations since Obama has been in office. The only differences I heard between Bush's and Obama's offshore oil plans were ones of geography, not regulation. Regardless, I don't blame Obama for this oil spill.

Quote:
Doesn't matter... everything shitty that happened from 2001-present is Bush's fault.
I know, and there are plenty of things he does deserve blame for. I just think it is funny that apparently absolutely nothing happened before he took office, and there was no one else in government while he was in office.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:42 PM   #46
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
I know, and there are plenty of things he does deserve blame for. I just think it is funny that apparently absolutely nothing happened before he took office, and there was no one else in government while he was in office.
No shit right? I think it clouds the issue of his true fuckups...
Old 06-24-2010, 06:44 PM   #47
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Well technically Carter and Clinton did create/amend the legislation that allowed it to happen, but they are not fully to blame. There is PLENTY of blame to go around... Bushy and Congress on both sides share it...
And others also amended, or failed to correct, then later claimed that it was someone else's fault. Yup, the blame goes all the way 'round.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:58 PM   #48
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
No regulations need to be changed in order for change to occur. The "right" people simply need to be appointed (those whose political philosophy aligns with the President), and you'll get change alright.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:36 PM   #49
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
No regulations need to be changed in order for change to occur. The "right" people simply need to be appointed (those whose political philosophy aligns with the President), and you'll get change alright.
The Minerals Management Service was screwed up before Bush took office, was screwed up while Bush was in office, and has been screwed up since Obama took office. There wasn't much change at all.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:57 AM   #50
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Weak sauce... like salsa consisting of only tomato paste... WEAK.