Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-12-2009, 01:29 PM   #41
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yep I agree! Even when I've done it myself I know that it's stupid! Now a days I just light up my brake lights... that almost produces the same effect. It's like when we used to do wheelies down the freeway, it's dangerous sure but if you know what you're doing... I won't try to justify 90% of the shit I've done on a motorcycle in the past. Anymore than I'll try and justify the crazy shit I've done off a bike either. IMO if the guy on the bike had known what he was doing, he could have frightened the driver of the RV without risking his own life.

BTW damaging someone's vehicle (bb's, marbles, kicking, etc) can just as easily result in death if you fuck with the wrong motherfucker on the wrong day!

My buddy Junior, RIP, used to carry almost pinball sized ball bearing with him in a tank bag. Well, one day, day before he died-no bs, a guy in a red Chevy pick up accidentally cut us off flying down Leonard on our way to Grand Haven. So Jr passes him and hits him with a volley of 4 or 5 balls and takes off! FUCK! Now it's on! This guy chases us for the better part of 5 miles before he finally "gives up" and we lose him in the twists and turns of the road. Apparently, the guys in the back had a couple close calls!

Well, we get to GH and are sitting in our normal "biker lot" by the beach. I convince Jr that maybe he should take off because that guy looked pretty pissed. Not 10 minutes later, here comes that guy in the pick up screeching to a stop maybe 2 feet from our bikes. Screaming and waving a rifle. You could see 3 maybe 4 "divots" on the body of the truck and a nice crack in the windshield! You could also see the paper dealer plate in the rear window.... Of course the guy starts screaming about how he's gonna call the cops and we agree that we're sure that they'd be interested in how he tried to murder guys who had nothing to do with it.... He left, we left, Jr died the next day doing wheelies on a side street off Alpine...

These days, I just avoid the idiots and shake my head as I go past... what's the point? If you do anything to them, they'll just be angry with you. People don't accept responsibility or blame anymore. I picked up my gf's bike last night from her work because it was raining and she was afraid to ride it. Some girl in a Honda totally cut me off. I just rode around her and gave her the "thanks for almost killing me" look and rode on. What's the point? It's not like they're going to learn anything. Shit, if I were to do anything then I'd be possibly facing criminal charges.

You're right...it's not really worth in the overall scheme of things.

Pretty crazy about your friend.

I rode thru Grand Haven several years ago with my ex that was from Grand Rapids...nice azz place !!
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #42
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
You're right...it's not really worth in the overall scheme of things.

Pretty crazy about your friend.

I rode thru Grand Haven several years ago with my ex that was from Grand Rapids...nice azz place !!
Yea, I used to live just off Leonard and would ride to Grand Haven almost every day! That was our "Deal's Gap". Except there were almost always hot bitches at the beach and sadly only maybe 50 curves for 25 miles...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #43
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Yep I agree! Even when I've done it myself I know that it's stupid! Now a days I just light up my brake lights... that almost produces the same effect. It's like when we used to do wheelies down the freeway, it's dangerous sure but if you know what you're doing... I won't try to justify 90% of the shit I've done on a motorcycle in the past. Anymore than I'll try and justify the crazy shit I've done off a bike either. IMO if the guy on the bike had known what he was doing, he could have frightened the driver of the RV without risking his own life.

BTW damaging someone's vehicle (bb's, marbles, kicking, etc) can just as easily result in death if you fuck with the wrong motherfucker on the wrong day!

My buddy Junior, RIP, used to carry almost pinball sized ball bearing with him in a tank bag. Well, one day, day before he died-no bs, a guy in a red Chevy pick up accidentally cut us off flying down Leonard on our way to Grand Haven. So Jr passes him and hits him with a volley of 4 or 5 balls and takes off! FUCK! Now it's on! This guy chases us for the better part of 5 miles before he finally "gives up" and we lose him in the twists and turns of the road. Apparently, the guys in the back had a couple close calls!

Well, we get to GH and are sitting in our normal "biker lot" by the beach. I convince Jr that maybe he should take off because that guy looked pretty pissed. Not 10 minutes later, here comes that guy in the pick up screeching to a stop maybe 2 feet from our bikes. Screaming and waving a rifle. You could see 3 maybe 4 "divots" on the body of the truck and a nice crack in the windshield! You could also see the paper dealer plate in the rear window.... Of course the guy starts screaming about how he's gonna call the cops and we agree that we're sure that they'd be interested in how he tried to murder guys who had nothing to do with it.... He left, we left, Jr died the next day doing wheelies on a side street off Alpine...

These days, I just avoid the idiots and shake my head as I go past... what's the point? If you do anything to them, they'll just be angry with you. People don't accept responsibility or blame anymore. I picked up my gf's bike last night from her work because it was raining and she was afraid to ride it. Some girl in a Honda totally cut me off. I just rode around her and gave her the "thanks for almost killing me" look and rode on. What's the point? It's not like they're going to learn anything. Shit, if I were to do anything then I'd be possibly facing criminal charges.

I agree with your last paragraph. I dont do anything but maybe shake my head as I go by. I just put some space between me and them. Whats the point?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:55 PM   #44
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
"Butch's Beach Burritos"? Nah we used to park at the lot just before the Dairy Treat where the pizza place used to be, across from the board walk. In between Snug Harbor and Kirby's... wait did Butch's finally open a second location?

Just 1 location as far as I'm aware of, across from Kelly Park. We'd usually park in that lot before we head back into town either back on Leonard or south on Lakeshore back to Holland.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:12 PM   #45
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Just 1 location as far as I'm aware of, across from Kelly Park. We'd usually park in that lot before we head back into town either back on Leonard or south on Lakeshore back to Holland.
Ah it must be a second location... the original Butch's is way down by the public beach.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #46
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Ah it must be a second location... the original Butch's is way down by the public beach.
That's the one.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:05 PM   #47
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

The only people I brake-check are the fags who come up behind me and do a really slow pass so that their front bumper comes only 2-3 feet from my rear bumper. I think it's some kind of ego statement......like "Ooooh I just passed you with inches to spare, ha ha I owned you." I notice it's always guys under 30 y/o. Anyway, when I see them about to do that shit, I let off the gas so that there's engine braking, which forces them to go "oh shit" and jerk their wheel at the last second to get around me. Or I'll even pull the e-brake slightly.......Not enough for them to see I'm doing it, but enough for them to realize that maybe next time they should start passing someone a little earlier.

Last edited by Homeslice; 08-15-2009 at 11:52 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:58 PM   #48
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Someone forgot to tell this guy brake checking only works when you have 4 wheels and aren't tiny in comparison to the vehicle you are brake checking.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:31 AM   #49
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

I had a guy on a motorcycle brake check a box truck I was in. It pissed me off so much I was screaming "Run the fucker over" as the guy took off. We were in a box truck loaded down with pool tables so there was no hope. No clue what we did, other than maybe driving the speed limit or a little under. He was on some old late 80s early 90s standard and when he took off I didn't think it moved that much faster. Honestly I think a mid90s camaro could have ran him down.

But it reminds me of that video where a scooter cut off some big truck and just become mush. I need to find that video.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:40 PM   #50
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I had a guy on a motorcycle brake check a box truck I was in. It pissed me off so much I was screaming "Run the fucker over" as the guy took off. We were in a box truck loaded down with pool tables so there was no hope. No clue what we did, other than maybe driving the speed limit or a little under. He was on some old late 80s early 90s standard and when he took off I didn't think it moved that much faster. Honestly I think a mid90s camaro could have ran him down.

But it reminds me of that video where a scooter cut off some big truck and just become mush. I need to find that video.
yea one of my buddies just got killed on his scooter a couple weeks ago.