HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #52
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
i sent a text to Kerry and said...come over and help me with my shocks. Lol

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:49 AM   #53
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
i sent a text to Kerry and said...come over and help me with my shocks. Lol
Somehow I don't think that would work in my case I didn't know Kerry can respring/revalve shocks

Found some cheap parts on Svrider! Getting a new targa cowl and some nice mirrors for $75!

Ok I need to stop. I'm poor.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:10 AM   #54
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

You need your self a suga daddy.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:12 AM   #55
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
You need your self a suga daddy.
yeah no kidding
Old 04-06-2010, 01:57 AM   #56
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Technically, I made hr haul her shit out to NC.

I can't help with the shock, but simply swapping it to a ZX-10 shock (as pointed out, better than the GSXR swap I'd heard of) off ebay is your most cost-effective route with that. Might be to stiff for your weight though & need the spring swapped. You could find the info on SV forums, no doubt.

As for the forks - dropping in springs & changing fluid is easy, and can be done without taking even them off the bike. If you decide to do the cartridge emulators, I'd be happy to install them for you if you shipped them. Probably wouldn't be as cost-effective as simply finding a decent local bike mechanic that does work 'on the side' - but the offer stands.

Trip's right about it not being a 'necessity', especially if you're not pushing the bike hard through curves. But as far as 'modding' goes, it's about the best thing you can do to improve the feel & handling of the bike. Way more important than cosmetic stuff or a louder pipe. Oh - if it hasn't been mentioned before though - another fairly inexpensive & easy mod is aftermarket front brake lines (and better pads, depending on how much the OE ones are lacking). Improves the 'feel' and modulation greatly.
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:09 AM   #57
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry_129 View Post
I can't help with the shock, but simply swapping it to a ZX-10 shock (as pointed out, better than the GSXR swap I'd heard of) off ebay is your most cost-effective route with that. Might be to stiff for your weight though & need the spring swapped. You could find the info on SV forums, no doubt.

Trip's right about it not being a 'necessity', especially if you're not pushing the bike hard through curves. But as far as 'modding' goes, it's about the best thing you can do to improve the feel & handling of the bike. Way more important than cosmetic stuff or a louder pipe. Oh - if it hasn't been mentioned before though - another fairly inexpensive & easy mod is aftermarket front brake lines (and better pads, depending on how much the OE ones are lacking). Improves the 'feel' and modulation greatly.
yeah, svrider has a list of shocks with spring rates that you can use for the conversion that you can get used on ebay for dirt cheap. I am sure she can find one in her range on there.

That I agree with, I definitely feel suspension is the #1 go fast mod out there. Well unless you are one of those super squid straight line queen that is...
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:56 PM   #58
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Well unless you are one of those super squid straight line queen that is...

Well, I don't plan on pushing it on the streets, I can't afford the speeding tickets. My last speeding ticket was $517. And I don't really plan on riding the track too much. So I'm basically commuting or sport touring. I don't really feel like I need any suspension upgrades just yet.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:33 AM   #59
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post

Well, I don't plan on pushing it on the streets, I can't afford the speeding tickets. My last speeding ticket was $517. And I don't really plan on riding the track too much. So I'm basically commuting or sport touring. I don't really feel like I need any suspension upgrades just yet.
Then you should really enjoy the SV. Just do what you want to it. Sound like increased performance is not a necessity for you. Just have fun with it
Old 04-07-2010, 10:39 AM   #60
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontwo View Post
Then you should really enjoy the SV. Just do what you want to it. Sound like increased performance is not a necessity for you. Just have fun with it
Then I'd say if you really want to spend money on it and do a decent amount of touring, make sure the bike is comfortable for a decently long trip.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote