Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 10-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #51
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I can agree with that. While shit can happen anywhere, I don't think I'd be saying "every school you go to there are thugs" like wildchild and kaneman are pointing out. Kids for the most part are a product of their environment. Sure there are a few who don't follow their upbringing but you can spot that a mile away if you are looking for it. The problem is most choose not to look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
There are thugs in every public high school. I could guarantee you that I could find one in that school up there. Kids aren't only a product of the enviroment. There are a number of factors including such things as genetics at play. Psychos and thugs can be brought up in a very loving and rich environment given the right circumstances.
Yep.

There are thugs in every private school too.

Rider,

There is money around here that would make your "homes of privilege" look like guest houses. Private schools more expensive than Ivy league universities.

Guess what, [some of] those kids listen to hip-hop/rap, wear saggy pants and act "thug life".

It's there, if you choose not to see it that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:00 PM   #52
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Yep.

There are thugs in every private school too.
I couldn't say all private schools, because I have seen some very strict religious schools that would get rid of any element they thought to be a cancer for their "way of thinking" quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:00 PM   #53
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Wow.

Really? Y'all think rape is one of the lowest forms of crime? I don't mean to be shocked - but, the majority of the women in my life have been forced into some sexual situation. And, it's usually considered "Date Rape" because it's someone that the woman knows and trusts. How is it that men feel this way - yet it continues to happen in all parts of society?

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #54
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownroad View Post
I think it's the difference between rap that they can recite along with the singer (see studies on cult brainwashing via repetition), vs. death metal where the only thing that's comprehensible is the name of the song on the liner notes

(Volleyball! Join me! Slowly we rot!)
I grew up on old maiden and the early thrash bands so that you coul dactual yunderstand the words to, some of the stuff now is just totally over the top
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:02 PM   #55
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Wow.

Really? Y'all think rape is one of the lowest forms of crime? I don't mean to be shocked - but, the majority of the women in my life have been forced into some sexual situation. And, it's usually considered "Date Rape" because it's someone that the woman knows and trusts. How is it that men feel this way - yet it continues to happen in all parts of society?
Not all men feel this way, that's why rape and date rape happen. It is pretty low to force sex.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 04:06 PM   #56
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Wow.

While thats a terrible thing to be gang raped and in fornt of an audience that chose not to help has to leave some even deeper scars. I also wonder if she knew either the attackers or anyone in the audience.

Tom
Old 10-27-2009, 04:07 PM   #57
shmike
Follower

Quote:
I couldn't say all private schools, because I have seen some very strict religious schools that would get rid of any element they thought to be a cancer for their "way of thinking" quickly.
You're probably right.

I hate absolutes and I just got caught using one.

That said, there will still be some kid in those schools that is "less desirebale / from the other side of the tracks / ghetto-fied / etc."

"Good school / neighborhood" or not bad shit happens everywhere.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:08 PM   #58
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
While thats a terrible thing to be gang raped and in fornt of an audience that chose not to help has to leave some even deeper scars. I also wonder if she knew either the attackers or anyone in the audience.

Tom
It said in the article she knew someone in the group of attackers, I believe.
Quote:
Old 10-27-2009, 04:09 PM   #59
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
You're probably right.

I hate absolutes and I just got caught using one.

That said, there will still be some kid in those schools that is "less desirebale / from the other side of the tracks / ghetto-fied / etc."

"Good school / neighborhood" or not bad shit happens everywhere.
The other question is are they true thugs or just wannabes. Some of these guys will play the part but if threatened will back right down where as a true thug wont.

Tom
Old 10-27-2009, 04:10 PM   #60
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
It said in the article she knew someone in the group of attackers, I believe.
Thats even more fucked up, I would hope her brothers or friends find these guys before the cops do and throw em a well deserved blanket party.