Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-25-2010, 03:20 PM   #51
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
I have very specific reasons to "hate on" Apple and their hipper than thou fan bois....having said that, I have a Blackberry Storm and believe me, there is NOTHING you can say to "hate on" it that I haven't already said....at least once...or twice. It's a real piece of shit but I'm stuck with it until Christmas as I used my free upgrade to get my daughter a new mobile for Christmas last year.
Gotta love stereo types.. I hate apple by the way.. i just think they make a good phone..

Have fun with the storm..
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:23 PM   #52
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs View Post
Gotta love stereo types..
It's not a stereotype...it's a monster of their own creation. Have you never seen any Apple advertising? Have you never heard their Dictator, I mean, Prophet, I mean, Savior, I mean CEO speak?
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:26 PM   #53
dubbs
Multistrada

Yes I have heard him speak, dude believes in the shit he creates.. I don't really see that much wrong with it.. I agree ppl take it too far, but so does everyone else with other shit.

Whenever ppl don't like a product that someone else likes, they call em fan boys.. I don't get it. I guess ur a blackberry fan boy then.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:29 PM   #54
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
I have very specific reasons to "hate on" Apple and their hipper than thou fan bois....having said that, I have a Blackberry Storm and believe me, there is NOTHING you can say to "hate on" it that I haven't already said....at least once...or twice. It's a real piece of shit but I'm stuck with it until Christmas as I used my free upgrade to get my daughter a new mobile for Christmas last year.
Call verizon every day for about 10 days about how your phone is dropping calls and not receiving txts (not true, it was just a piece of shit phone issue) and they will upgrade you now. I did it. I wasn't due til september, I got it in may.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:33 PM   #55
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs View Post
Yes I have heard him speak, dude believes in the shit he creates.. I don't really see that much wrong with it.. I agree ppl take it too far, but so does everyone else with other shit.

Whenever ppl don't like a product that someone else likes, they call em fan boys.. I don't get it. I guess ur a blackberry fan boy then.
Dude goes beyond that and makes up shit, uses partial quotes of people, or just flat out lies. He is the king of the stereotype. Jobs is a cocksucker.

Take for example him making fun of Google for multitasking and not doing it right and that Apple would do it right. Well all that shit talk and iphone still doesn't have multitasking. It's got a work around that isn't true multitasking by any such definition. Way to fail, Steve, way to fail.

It is not for the good of the technological world for him to be sole proprietor of technology. It's really good that android came along to compete with him and keep prices down and advancement quickly growing.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:48 PM   #56
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Im sitting at the dmv and there are a bunch off hs aged kids a few rows behind me showing off thier iphone4s, and one just dropped hers and destroyed the screen
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #57
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Im sitting at the dmv and there are a bunch off hs aged kids a few rows behind me showing off thier iphone4s, and one just dropped hers and destroyed the screen
Buahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #58
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Call verizon every day for about 10 days about how your phone is dropping calls and not receiving txts (not true, it was just a piece of shit phone issue) and they will upgrade you now. I did it. I wasn't due til september, I got it in may.
I'll give this approach a shot...though I prefer the in store approach...get on someone's case and stay on it until they see it my way.

I'm desperate to rid myself of the aggravation...it's a decent phone when it's stable...but it just flakes out wwwwwaaaayyyy too often. I'm on my 4th phone...2 had fatal software breakdowns and the third one had the center pivot of the touch screen give out.

Last edited by KSGregman; 06-25-2010 at 04:16 PM..
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:53 PM   #59
Trip
Hold mah beer!

hahahahahhaha

Steve Jobs: "You aren't doing it right. It's your own fault, so you need to buy new stuff for you to be do it right."

Classic, what a douchebag.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ytech_gadg/ytech_gadg_tc2844

Quote:
Yep, turns out the lower left corner of the iPhone 4's antenna-housing stainless-steel rim is sensitive to human skin, so much so that your AT&T reception may drop precipitously when you hold the phone on the left side. Steve Jobs' advice: Don't hold it like that.

That's the response Ars Technica got from a query to Apple corporate — with Jobs cc'd — about the iPhone 4's widely reported reception issues, which seem to strike if your hand covers the lower left corner of the phone, particularly near a thin black stripe across the steel band that rings the phone.

For the record, Jobs' exact reply to Ars was: "All phones have sensitive areas. Just avoid holding it that way."

Meanwhile, a reader over at TUAW (The Unofficial Apple Weblog) who asked Jobs via e-mail whether the iPhone 4 reception problem was due to a "design flaw" got a similar response: "Nope. Just don't hold it that way."

After a little back-and-forth with a second TUAW reader, Jobs' answer eventually morphed into a somewhat more corporate phrasing:

"Gripping any phone will result in some attenuation of its antenna performance, with certain places being worse than others depending on the placement of the antennas. This is a fact of life for every wireless phone. If you ever experience this on your iPhone 4, avoid gripping it in the lower left corner in a way that covers both sides of the black strip in the metal band, or simply use one of many available cases."

While Jobs denies that the iPhone 4's sensitive lower left corner is a "design flaw," one can't help but second-guess Apple's decision to boost the iPhone 4's reception by essentially turning the steel band that encircles the handset into a big antenna — an idea that sounds great on paper, but as my fellow Yahoo! News blogger Chris Null points out, antennas don't necessarily react that well to being touched.

I'm having no problem re-creating the iPhone 4's reception woes. Just now, I dialed the Moviefone number while holding the iPhone in my fingertips: perfect reception, with five bars, all loud and clear. But once I cupped the iPhone in my hand on the left side, touching that lower-left corner, the AT&T reception bars began to disappear one by one, until finally the Moviefone guy went silent and a "Call Failed" notification popped up.

To be fair, though, I should point out that when my hand isn't in contact with the specific no-touch zone in the lower left corner, reception on my iPhone 4 seems markedly better than it was on my iPhone 3GS. Usually I have to resort to Skype when trying to make voice calls in my apartment (believe me, I've become quite the Skyper in the past year or so). In my testing so far, however, regular voice calls on the iPhone 4 have gone through without a hitch, and I've yet to fall back on Skype.

Why has my new iPhone not been dropping calls one after another, given its aversion to being touched? Well, now that I'm paying attention, I've noticed that when I'm making iPhone voice calls, I usually hold the handset with just my fingertips rather than cupping it in my palm. I'm also right-handed, which means if I do end up touching its bottom corner with the base of my palm, it's usually on the right side, not the left side.

But that's just me. What if your habit is to hold a phone the (ahem) "wrong" way? You might have to resort to buying one of Apple's $30 Bumper iPhone cases, which seems to cure the iPhone 4 reception problems. (Kinda makes you wonder, right?)

Now, as Jobs points out, other makes and models of phones also suffer reception problems when they're held the "wrong" way. Still, the bottom line from Apple seems to be that this is just another iPhone quirk we have to live with, similar to the 3.5mm headset jack on the original iPhone that would only take headset jacks specifically designed to fit its unusually narrow opening.

In other words, it's not the phone's fault. We're just using it wrong. Silly us.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #60
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
hahahahahhaha

Steve Jobs: "You aren't doing it right. It's your own fault, so you need to buy new stuff for you to be do it right."

Classic, what a douchebag.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ytech_gadg/ytech_gadg_tc2844
I have to admit, it is pretty funny that they let this go and his answer, but really.. for me, when i talk on the phone my hand is in an OK spot..