Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #51
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

.47 miles

In 9 mins with a 20 minute mile pace.

Did you even start sweating? That is almost below walking pace

Last edited by tallywacker; 06-24-2012 at 06:47 PM..
tallywacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #52
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
.47 miles

You've never run hills or stairs before huh? We've got one hill out here nicknamed "Hell Hill" off Benbrook damn that'll have you wanting to puke after running up twice.

Flexin, I use MapMyRun for the iPhone and love it. It chimes in every mile to let you know whats up...

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/136656529
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #53
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
.47 miles

lol Bastard. The app didn't stop so that last 1:44 was spent in the trunk putting my mp3 player and headphones away. I was running up hill, then walking down, then turning around to run back up again. Then I did walk around before decided to go for a jog, then changed my mine since I have allergies and was running in fresh cut grass. But I do get into a sprint on the way back to the car.

This was after 11 hours at work, 1 hour and 11 minutes in the gym then a 10 minute drive to the hill. I was happy to be about to do it all all.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #54
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
You've never run hills or stairs before huh? We've got one hill out here nicknamed "Hell Hill" off Benbrook damn that'll have you wanting to puke after running up twice.

Flexin, I use MapMyRun for the iPhone and love it. It chimes in every mile to let you know whats up...

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/136656529
I have Endomondo Pro on my BlackBerry. My sisters use Endomondo on their iphones. It surprised me the first time it announced the 1 mile mark.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 06-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #55
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Here is the hill. It was a 50-70 ft climb depending on where I turned around.

James
Old 06-24-2012, 11:43 PM   #56
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Saw this, thought of you.

azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:24 AM   #57
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Saw this, thought of you.

Pretty damn accurate.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #58
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

It really is...and it's worse if you are "eating out."

I've been focused on nutrition education and execution for only a month or so....and wish like HELL I'd have made that step ONE. That I had started with educating myself about effective nutrition...and THEN started working out. As it is, I did it backwards....lost 20+ pounds....but still didn't look or feel "right"....and THEN got smarter about nutrition.

It's all coming together now though...just takes time...and dedication.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:37 AM   #59
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
Default Fat is good. Carbs are bad.

Our fundamental beliefs on why we get fat are likely very wrong. Here are some good resources. Do your own research and draw your own conclusions, but don't assume the status quo (eat your whole grains, avoid egg yolks) is correct.

"Fathead" is a rebuttal to "Supersize Me", is entertaining and provides gobs of good information. The first half of the movie details how we got bamboozled, the second half goes into what we should be eating as humans.
My favorite quote, "When I think of all the fat free food, all the boneless skinless chicken breasts I ate....it makes me sooo angry."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWZq0bx8cXA

This is a presentation given by a researcher for the Stanford School of Medicine who set out to prove a plant based diet was the healthiest. The results of his trails were not what he expected....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eREuZ...eature=related

"Good Calories, Bad Calories" by Gary Taubes makes a good effort at destroying the bullshit we've been fed for the past 30-40 years by meticulously examining the research behind it.
http://www.amazon.com/Good-Calories-...s+bad+calories

Pro-primal diet site/blog
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/#axzz1yosp8i3a

Another....
http://www.gnolls.org/1141/eat-like-...ational-guide/

The longer I do it, the better I feel and the more research I read the more confidence I have in it.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #60
shmike
Follower

I was going to ask you if you read Mark Sisson (Mark's Daily Apple).

I want to like him and I think I do. But, he's also the guy at the end of each P90x workout hawking their products.

He does say on his site that he is no longer affiliated with them and does a good job of not talking trash about the program or Tony but I wonder if he "just" discovered the paleo way of life or if he is just following the latest trend / source of revenue.