Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Southeast Riders > Florida Riders

Old 11-14-2008, 01:28 AM   #71
Hondahugger
Better Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARVIS518 View Post
i hate flat tires
what happened Jarv? I just got finished with a school project from hell!!! Why do teachers insist on giving hellatious projects to kids and expect them to do it in 3 days? Tell Vicki that she better have mercy on us parents when she graduates or I'm coming up to new York and kicking her butt on behalf of all the frustrated exhausted parents of America!
Hondahugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:32 AM   #72
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

Moto: 06 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondahugger View Post
what happened Jarv? I just got finished with a school project from hell!!! Why do teachers insist on giving hellatious projects to kids and expect them to do it in 3 days? Tell Vicki that she better have mercy on us parents when she graduates or I'm coming up to new York and kicking her butt on behalf of all the frustrated exhausted parents of America!

i got a nail in my tire on my way home from my friends place, i just got back from wally world to get a plug kit and some slime now i need to borrow an air compressor so i can ride tomorrow night like i had planned

and as for vicki u can beat her ass as long as i can watch
JARVIS518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:33 AM   #73
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Be careful riding with that slime shit and plug.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:35 AM   #74
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

ya i know im probly gunna buy a new tire wen i get paid on tuesday and then just hold onto this one for a spare. but need the bike for work on monday and tuesday anyway so i still need to plug it
Old 11-14-2008, 01:37 AM   #75
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
ya i know im probly gunna buy a new tire wen i get paid on tuesday and then just hold onto this one for a spare. but need the bike for work on monday and tuesday anyway so i still need to plug it
Hey man, I ain't trying to lecture or throw a guilt trip or anything like that, just be careful.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:41 AM   #76
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

the thing that really pisses me off about it is that its a pilot road
so much for that harder compound
Old 11-14-2008, 01:41 AM   #77
Hondahugger
Better Off

Quote:
i got a nail in my tire on my way home from my friends place, i just got back from wally world to get a plug kit and some slime now i need to borrow an air compressor so i can ride tomorrow night like i had planned

yeah, what Corey said! And don't worry, you and speedy can sit on the sidelines taking pictures while Vicki and I jello fight!
Hondahugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:44 AM   #78
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:

dude SERIOUSLY... get that shit replaced right the fuck away... don't trust that slime shit for anything!

I used it... told I was good to go... and was put back on the road... got impatient went to pass a car and the bike went ape shit... wigg'n around like a fuck'n stripper have'n a siezure... I was doing about 85 at the time... I rode it out and found slime all over the bottom of my bike... the nail came out followed by all the air and slime.

I was 100 miles from the nearest town in Alaska... with 1 bar of signal on my cell. shit sucked...

learned alot from that trip... mainly don't trust anyones opinion about being good to go if I don't feel comfortable with it... it's not good to go.

a patched/plugged tire is not to be trusted for more than limping around until it can be replaced

Slime sucks dick... and is a FUCKING PAIN IN THE ASS to clean off your bike.

People in Alaska will stare at you on the side of the road... but will not stop... unless they're already planning on doing so to take a picture.

it gets cold quick when the sun goes down in AK... 60 at 5... 31 at 8.

oh and yes... this may be common knowledge to alot of you... but I was told this by a very reputible shop that I went to to get my tire replaced... they didn't have it in... so they said... here... put this slime in... it'll be good to go... I even asked... for how long... he said... it's a perminant fix... the flag came on in mind... but I figured it'd last at least one day... nope

Last edited by Mr Lefty; 11-14-2008 at 01:46 AM..
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:52 AM   #79
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

when u put the slime in the tire why did u leave the nail in?
Old 11-14-2008, 01:58 AM   #80
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
when u put the slime in the tire why did u leave the nail in?
because they told me it would seal around the nail... effectivly "cementing" the nail in. BS.

like I said... it was a stupid decision on my end to trust them... and I got burned... but shit... I've trusted the advice of mechanics many times... and come out way ahead... just this time... it was a very dangerous risk... and all for a joy ride... something I very easily could have pushed back a week.

just becarefull
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote