Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #71
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

You could get an ar10. For "vintage" i would say am m1 garand but theyre way over priced. Even the non-wwII ones. I see them as a collectors or just bougt to just have rifle.

The sks is a blast. There are many models (origins) of it. Ive only shot my yugo and its great. You uave to actually put some work into sighting in the irons wih an actual. Theyre not quick adjust knobbed like new rifles. So i you hear some one say they suck, well either they were lazy and didnt sight it, their barrel was worn out, or one from a bad country.

I saw a dragonov today at where im having my rifle sent. It was tits. Even had the scope. Ill get some pics of it when i go pic my rifle up.

Last edited by Rangerscott; 08-05-2010 at 07:38 PM..
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:48 PM   #72
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
You could get an ar10. For "vintage" i would say am m1 garand but theyre way over priced. Even the non-wwII ones. I see them as a collectors or just bougt to just have rifle.

The sks is a blast. There are many models (origins) of it. Ive only shot my yugo and its great. You uave to actually put some work into sighting in the irons wih an actual. Theyre not quick adjust knobbed like new rifles. So i you hear some one say they suck, well either they were lazy and didnt sight it, their barrel was worn out, or one from a bad country.

I saw a dragonov today at where im having my rifle sent. It was tits. Even had the scope. Ill get some pics of it when i go pic my rifle up.
VINTAGE???????

Don't forget they had to lower the requirements so get the 5.56 NATO round to pass. ( from passing thru both sides of a metal helmet to only having to go thru one side, for one example )

If the shit hits the fan, a M1 garand would be one of my first choices. Regular ball ammo could get you plenty of choices of current rifles
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:49 PM   #73
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:

The sks is a blast. There are many models (origins) of it. Ive only shot my yugo and its great.

I'd love to get a Garand. The repro's that Springfield Armory was making for a while went for.. I forget. $1200-1400, I think? About what their base M1A's are going for now.

As for SKS's, I had a Norinco back in the 90's when they were going for <$100/ea. I ended up trading it for a MAK90 (Norinco AK sporter) and now I'm wishing I hadn't. All SKS's have gone up in value and the Chinese models seem to be more sought after than the Yugos (which seem to be the most common on the importer/reseller market right now).
The MAK90 is ok. I've done it up with some aftermarket furniture to drop the pretty yet not-so-functional thumbhole sporter stock. Unfortunately it will never have the accuracy potential a well massaged Simonov does.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #74
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Yup. The yugo has doubled in price since i got mine back in '05.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:28 PM   #75
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Yup. The yugo has doubled in price since i got mine back in '05.
I got both my Garands from the CMP / DCM. The Springfield was $300 and the IH was $500. Both came with paperwork so they have appreciated quite a bit.

Want a M1 Garand ( or a M1 carbine ) from the CMP?
http://www.thecmp.org/

Rifle Sales
M1 Garand
M1 Carbine
M1903 M1903A3
M1917 Enfield
.22 Target, Surplus
.22 Target, Commercial
CMP Air Rifles
Miscellaneous Rifles

If you want one, get the best grade you can afford. They aren't making these anymore and they are a great shooting rifle.
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:14 PM   #76
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFqLF...layer_embedded
Old 08-06-2010, 07:09 AM   #77
Clay
I know nothing...

This would be my only gun that still gets me giddy every time I pull it out of the case.

Some more mods will be added this winter when racing season is over. More than anything, a nice trigger. It's one sweet shooting gun though. I took out a horsefly on the target at 100 yds with ease.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:14 AM   #78
Hydrant
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2003 Suzuki TL1000R, 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i

Clay, that looks dead on my Les Baer. It's funny, for a custom gun, with custom components they all look the same. But I love shooting it. I might add a trigger sometime, but it shoots so well as of now so who knows, why mess with perfection.

Les Baer Super Varmint AR-15
Hydrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:55 AM   #79
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
Want a M1 Garand ( or a M1 carbine ) from the CMP?
http://www.thecmp.org/

If you want one, get the best grade you can afford. They aren't making these anymore and they are a great shooting rifle.
I looked at CMP before, when I was looking for a 1903.
You know how ridiculously expensive they are most places now
I don't meet the requirements to order from them (haven't attended Appleseed or any other sanctioned event, nor am I a member of any marksmanship club or organization)
Looks like the 1903's are gone now anyway, though a Garand would be nice.
Maybe I'll have to make a point of fulfilling those requirements.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #80
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrant View Post
Clay, that looks dead on my Les Baer. It's funny, for a custom gun, with custom components they all look the same. But I love shooting it. I might add a trigger sometime, but it shoots so well as of now so who knows, why mess with perfection.

Fine, I'll play too.
RRA Predator Pursuit w/Leupold Mark AR 3-9x
I opted for the Turner sling instead of the bipod since I usually shoot off the bags at the range.