Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-14-2011, 01:20 AM   #71
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
Do people still make those systems?
I've seen them in some 50's/60's homes, but I didn't know they were still doing it.

*nevermind... after a quick Google search, I found a half dozen companies that sell the systems and claim they're a common thing in "modern" homes.
Must not be popular around here... I haven't seen it mentioned in years.
I just delivered some the other day. They still make/sell them.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:27 AM   #72
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
nice work drew-p.. i bought a house because of a kid on the way too and i lost like $200k on it so far.. hoping the economy tanks some more and i get fucked harder in the ass.. at least you are capped out at $110k loss no matter what..
If you haven't sold you haven't really lost anything YET.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 08-14-2011, 01:30 AM   #73
Flexin
AMA Supersport

BTW nice house.

James
Old 08-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #74
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
They deal with people like you all the time. Just make sure you have an amazing inspector if you try and continually harass one. Think about your job and how much you have to deal with really fucking annoying people. Builders are no different. Especially if they are the good ones.

Oh, take this little lesson learned, don't hire friends/family. Ends bad, especially if you are the tiniest bit picky.

Best thing to do is to live on the job site, that way you see everything put together.

My biggest thing about a dream house/garage is wiring. I will make sure I have the legal rubber stamp for that part.
Sadly, I get to deal with builders at this job too, as I am also the building permit department, and most of these dudes are so unscrupulous and try everything and anything to get out of doing things the right way. Fortunately I work with a fantastic inspector now, so I know what to look for at least a little as I get to inspect with him, he's also a builder and when I get one, they'll be just like him. I dont plan on harassing them unless they arent doing it right, then I'll skip the harassing and go right to the firing.

In the last home we owned we saw first hand how crappy work is done, when we pulled up the carpet we found a ton of nails, bad boards, cigarette butts, and random other trash they were too lazy to clean up. Yuck.

Other than my FIL or my Dad, would NEVER hire family or friends. And those 2 work for food and beer. Believe me, I know how that works out.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:02 AM   #75
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

well i have a closing date Sept. 16th...

life has been pretty weird for me, i have spent the last month living in a fucking hotel and skipping between friends places and her families homes while we wait for the house to clear, hasnt been fun but its been a time in my life that i will never forget.

oh and we found out its a boy, not a girl as we were originally told

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:32 AM   #76
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewpy View Post
well i have a closing date Sept. 16th...

life has been pretty weird for me, i have spent the last month living in a fucking hotel and skipping between friends places and her families homes while we wait for the house to clear, hasnt been fun but its been a time in my life that i will never forget.

oh and we found out its a boy, not a girl as we were originally told

Haha! Hotels and penis's!

Are you enjoying your new life?
Old 09-08-2011, 07:44 AM   #77
zerioustt
i like titties

Congrats on the baby to be and that house looks great. Let me tell that after having a kid hardwood floors are money, either that or stain resistent carpet.
zerioustt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:21 AM   #78
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

nice looking house. easy cleanup on that one looks like. don't worry about losing anything on a house because you can't sell one these days to save your life so you can't lose on it. LOL I'm still "investing" in what will apparently some day be my vacation home in Wis. LOL
Funny my idea of building new for retirement would most likely involve a small cabin with some land. Probably the aforementioned lot of land in Wis. the garage is already there at least.

i agree with marko. i like some carpet, then again i'm from wis where your feet get cold on tile plus animals tend to scratch tile or wood. tile or wood in high traffic area and kitch and bath though.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:24 AM   #79
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
I dont plan on harassing them unless they arent doing it right, then I'll skip the harassing and go right to the firing.

Other than my FIL or my Dad, would NEVER hire family or friends. And those 2 work for food and beer. Believe me, I know how that works out.
glad you said that, perfect way to handle it. harassing constantly wouldn't get you anywhere except frustrated and them doing more to pizz you off.

love those guys who work for beer.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote