Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Old 07-04-2008, 03:26 AM   #71
mondos06cbr1000
Kneedragger

Moto: 2006 CBR1000RR

gonna be sick dude

Full Akra TI Evo / Hex Canister, PC-III custom map, BMC Race filters, Woodcraft Rearsets, Pazzo Levers, OEM Cowl Seat, Flapper Mod, Sporttech windscreen
Pirelli DCIII's 190/55, Flushmounts, Jardine Fender Eliminator, EBC brake pads

1995 XR250R- Dirt Toy

Delta CO 181 Infantry
mondos06cbr1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:37 AM   #72
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I don't doubt flames either,especially if you're using a generic map 'cause Dynojet tends towards the rich side for liability reasons. Congrats bro' I'm glad it'sall working out for you! Good call on the cf can btw carbon fiber FTW!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:58 PM   #73
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I don't doubt flames either,especially if you're using a generic map 'cause Dynojet tends towards the rich side for liability reasons.
Yeah the flames are just because it's rich... I threw that map on there temporarily. It's getting a custom map on Thursday.

Made huge progress on the bike a little while ago but have been to busy to post it up until now... It's pretty much done though.

Mounted up the new radiator and filled with engine ice:

Removed the stock O2 sensor and installed the PCIII... downloaded the DynoJet map for my setup on there temporarily until I get a map:

Mounted up the new gas tank:

Filled her up with oil and gas, and also had to fill and bleed the rear brake since I installed the banjo pressure switch, then took her outside to start that bitch up.

Started up right away, and that exhaust is SICK. Sounds great. Not to mention that since the DynoJet maps are set pretty rich, she shoots big flames on decel

I'm pretty disappointed with the sound in this video... maybe the microphone on my camera doesn't pick up the lower frequencies as well. This video doesn't do it justice at all, I plan to take another one next time I go out there... The camera doesn't pick up the deepness very well and the frame rate doesn't pick up most of the flameshooting. Anyways, here it is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SAHLl_xkkyk

Then Wednesday my good buddy Dennis helped me cut/drill/mount the race bodywork since I'd never done it before. The fit was pretty spot-on, the flexibility of the stuff is great.

Mounted up:

Then Dennis left and I cut spots for the frame sliders. Cut and mounted, right:

Left:

Mounted the new set of tank sliders. Looks like Traxxion went to a glossier finish of plastic which is nice, they definitely blend in more nicely now:

Threw on some sexy TWFix stickers as well:

Then I took all that off and mounted up all the street stuff so I could check that all the wiring still worked, as well as cut the street fairings for the frame sliders, like so:

Then I stripped her all down again, and got everything I'm painting ready for paint. The full set of track bodywork, the airbox cover, my backup gas tank, the stock fender and the two midfairings:

Now she's just hanging out waiting for next week's track days, as am I

Oh and lastly since a ziptie bit the wire of my camera lens I repaired that by splicing it open and using four inline crimp bullet connectors which afterwards I wrapped all up with electrical tape:

Thursday at 2pm I'm getting a dyno and custom map done for the bike. Monday on my way up to the track I'll be grabbing the bodywork. Looks like everything will be together in time... except the decals, I'll throw those on when I get back from the track.

Can't wait to get her on the track. I'm psyched.

Last edited by ceo012384; 07-08-2008 at 06:08 PM..
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:36 PM   #74
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Lemme see a shot of the left side's slider. I want to see how much you had to cut.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #75
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I'll tell you one thing Motherfucker,if I EVER need sliders cut in...I'M CALLING YOUR ASS!!!!!! I don't think I've ever seen more perfectly cut sliders in my life!!! Good job! Oh and Dlit,if it's the same as my bike,they give you a sticker template to cut by with the kit.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #76
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Lemme see a shot of the left side's slider. I want to see how much you had to cut.
Funny you should ask... I took a shot of the left side but it was all blurry and shit so I just deleted it. You can see it in the third-to-last photo on the table, and in the top part of the second-to-last photo you can see pretty well how much needs to be cut.

The left requires a significant amount more cutting than the right, but it's not a big deal.

The PITA that you probably haven't thought about yet is that those two side pieces slide into place, they have those little hook tabs that slide into the lower fairing... so after you cut a circular hole, you need to use a dremel to cut off some more on the rear portion of the circle... i.e. run a tangent line off of the circle. This allows you to slide the fairing in and out of place.

You follow what I'm saying here? Not sure if I'm explaining it well.

Also, the raw color of that plastic is light grey so you'll need to do something to it if you don't want it to be noticeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I'll tell you one thing Motherfucker,if I EVER need sliders cut in...I'M CALLING YOUR ASS!!!!!! I don't think I've ever seen more perfectly cut sliders in my life!!! Good job! Oh and Dlit,if it's the same as my bike,they give you a sticker template to cut by with the kit.
Haha thanks dude. I'll help ya

No there was no sticker I just use a 2" hole saw that goes into a drill. Make sure you get the kind that has a pilot bit in the center for alignment purposes.

Little alignment trick: Get a laser pointer and stack in on top of things such that it's perfectly aligned with the center of the bolt head that holds the frame slider base into the engine. Then, don't move the laser pointer at all and mount up all your bodywork. Presto! Just put the center pilot bit of your hole saw on that mark and you're in business.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:38 PM   #77
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

You sir are a genius! Thanks,I have a couple of semi-noobs I'm ALWAYS helping with their bikes and one has a R6 and the other GSXR600,both need sliders cut in and I have a laser level so no problemo! I've been avoiding that job for weeks,to tell you the truth!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:49 PM   #78
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Couple updates.

First, unfortunately, it looks like the paint won't be ready for the track days this week I had a feeling he wasn't going to have enough time so I told him if he didn't think they'd be ready to wait on even starting, since I need to ride with them for the track days, and then I'll just give them right back afterwards. No big deal. I think when I give him back the track bodywork, he'll probably have the couple street pieces I wanted done all finished, so I'll be able to come back and get her street ready

Anyways, a couple little seams and stitches were messed up from the crash so I had Held repair them. They did a perfect job. Also picked up another seat cowl for the street, and in the back you can see my new set of ratcheting wrenches:

I took the bike to Rob's dyno to get a custom map for the bike.

Rob's a nice guy and seems like he really knows his shit. The 2006+ R6 is a bit tricky as I understand it because the ECM won't let you open the throttle butterflies all the way below 9krpm, so you basically tune the bike to run well around the low rpms, but can't get full adjustability until then. Regardless, I don't give a shit about 9krpm and under anyways.

You can see that Rob really was able to smooth out the torque curve from 10krpm to redline. Also, the A/F mixture was way too rich with the downloaded map so the result of the custom map is that it was leaned out to a proper mixture.

Not that I care about the power number because it doesn't mean anything and there's no ram air anyways, but she dynoed at 106hp and 40 tq with the BMC race air filter and akrapovic full system.

I thought this sounded a little low but Rob said that was a good pull for a 600 with these mods. I guess there is a ton of variability between dynos (not to mention ambient conditions) and a lot of people play number games... Rob seems to be a straight shooter and I trust the number... but what I really care about is the smooth power delivery and a/f mapping. I don't have a baseline run from before the crash either, so that REALLY makes the hp number meaningless. Once I get her on the track this week I'll see if the performance has changed.

And BTW.. the akra sounded alright revving in my driveway... but on the dyno, since the engine is under load and not just rev rev revving... shit sounded awesome

Old 07-12-2008, 03:42 AM   #79
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

I'm disappointent to see just 106. There really is a gigantic difference between dynos. Mine dyno'd at 108 stock.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:51 PM   #80
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
I'm disappointent to see just 106. There really is a gigantic difference between dynos. Mine dyno'd at 108 stock.
altitude, temp, humidity also make a huge diff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote