Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 02-10-2010, 01:08 PM   #81
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
I think Manning has one more year on his contract.

Fuck Brady, the Mannings, and Brees for paydays.

Julius Peppers is expected to make $22M in 2001 if Carolina resigns him.
Colts are already talking a new deal. I am not sure peppers wants to stay in carolina now, he wants a long term deal so he may be going elsewhere.

I heard bush wans to stay in NO so they may restructure his deal since he gets a prety hefty salary next year.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:49 PM   #82
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Colts are already talking a new deal. I am not sure peppers wants to stay in carolina now, he wants a long term deal so he may be going elsewhere.

I heard bush wans to stay in NO so they may restructure his deal since he gets a prety hefty salary next year.
Of course they are talking about a new deal. You MUST re-sign Peyton. You dont let a guy like that go. He'll finish his career in Indy.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:02 PM   #83
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
I think Manning has one more year on his contract.

Fuck Brady, the Mannings, and Brees for paydays.

Julius Peppers is expected to make $22M in 2001 if Carolina resigns him.
I would think you could put any of the QB's in that list on almost any other team, and that team would be instantly better. Like from going to playoff wanna be to making the playoffs better.
Is Peppers in that same league? He is damn good, but I don't think he is that good.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:04 PM   #84
defector
My balls, your chin

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Of course they are talking about a new deal. You MUST re-sign Peyton. You dont let a guy like that go. He'll finish his career in Indy.

Agree 100%
Old 02-10-2010, 06:32 PM   #85
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
I would think you could put any of the QB's in that list on almost any other team, and that team would be instantly better. Like from going to playoff wanna be to making the playoffs better.
Is Peppers in that same league? He is damn good, but I don't think he is that good.
The league puts a premium on good pass rushers though so thats why someone will give him a very good deal.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:05 PM   #86
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
The league puts a premium on good pass rushers though so thats why someone will give him a very good deal.
Absolutely. You need a good pass rusher. Look at Freeney and Brees. Freeney wasn't at his best and Brees wasn't really rushed much in that game.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:12 PM   #87
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Absolutely. You need a good pass rusher. Look at Freeney and Brees. Freeney wasn't at his best and Brees wasn't really rushed much in that game.
Same when the giants beat the patsies brady was getting hit left and right
Old 02-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #88
defector
My balls, your chin

Quote:
Understood, except how many teams are there that are just lacking a single good pass rusher? Usually if you are missing 1 piece on D, it's either a shutdown corner, or some big beef clogging the middle against the run. You can disguise a poor pass rush with blitzes.

Is Peppers worth 22 mil for 1 year? Not unless he magically learns to stop the run better, and learns to cover guys out of the backfield. One trick pony, methinks.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:28 PM   #89
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
Understood, except how many teams are there that are just lacking a single good pass rusher? Usually if you are missing 1 piece on D, it's either a shutdown corner, or some big beef clogging the middle against the run. You can disguise a poor pass rush with blitzes.

Is Peppers worth 22 mil for 1 year? Not unless he magically learns to stop the run better, and learns to cover guys out of the backfield. One trick pony, methinks.
The Raiders'll take him.

Quote:
Old 02-10-2010, 09:50 PM   #90
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
The Raiders'll take him.
No they wont hes still got some good playing days left in him