Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:16 AM   #62
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
I agree with not with trans fats.
Any law undermining common sense and self-preservation leads to laws like the trans fat one... Don't worry though, that's certainly not the end of it.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:43 PM   #63
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

From racing BMX where you may reach max speeds of 25mph. I learned real well that helmets are valuable. I'd be dead so many times over without one. I'd even wear them on some backyard jumps I had. Which again saved me big time. Oh and a helmet saved my life for sure when I crashed on a BMX jump where I busted my spleen. I saw green after I hit (Usually a sign of a concusion). Without it I would have probalby cracked my skullin half and would be dead.

Hope your friend heals up.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:59 PM   #64
Angee
Dutch's PITA

Moto: I ride Dutch...and an 09 Kawi 250

Ok, I just want to put in one post worth on this and I'm done...I hate the government sticking their nose into my business just as much as anyone. I say repeal the helmet law and let nature (Darwin) do the rest. If Gooberhead down the street doesn't have a helmet and wrecks and becomes a vegetable, his family should have to pay his medical bills and not the taxpayers (via Medicaid and Disability, which we ALL pay for). Why should we have to pay for some jackass stunting without a helmet to live in a semi-coma in a long-term health care facility because he didn't want the inconvenience of buying or wearing gear? Maybe if the government would stop taking care of those who don't bother taking care of themselves, it would be a non-issue...refuse to let them get on Medicaid after-the-fact if there was stupidity or high-speed involved on the part of the rider. If you choose not to protect yourself, you should be the one to pay the consequences, not the rest of us.

Oh, and yes, driving on the roads IS a privilege (we don't really have a choice but to pay for) because we CAN have that privilege taken from us...if it were a "right", we couldn't have our license taken away, now could we? I raised hell the first time I heard that, but after I thought about it, it made perfect sense.

I hope dude gets better soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Those things are awesome. We gave out the clap and syphilis last christmas.
Angee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:39 PM   #65
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angee View Post
Ok, I just want to put in one post worth on this and I'm done...I hate the government sticking their nose into my business just as much as anyone. I say repeal the helmet law and let nature (Darwin) do the rest. If Gooberhead down the street doesn't have a helmet and wrecks and becomes a vegetable, his family should have to pay his medical bills and not the taxpayers (via Medicaid and Disability, which we ALL pay for). Why should we have to pay for some jackass stunting without a helmet to live in a semi-coma in a long-term health care facility because he didn't want the inconvenience of buying or wearing gear? Maybe if the government would stop taking care of those who don't bother taking care of themselves, it would be a non-issue...refuse to let them get on Medicaid after-the-fact if there was stupidity or high-speed involved on the part of the rider. If you choose not to protect yourself, you should be the one to pay the consequences, not the rest of us.

Oh, and yes, driving on the roads IS a privilege (we don't really have a choice but to pay for) because we CAN have that privilege taken from us...if it were a "right", we couldn't have our license taken away, now could we? I raised hell the first time I heard that, but after I thought about it, it made perfect sense.

I hope dude gets better soon.
i agree - why the fuck is the government our moral compass? half those motherfuckers are child molesters, drug addicts, a lot have felonies and they are our almighty moral compass? the seat belt law is no fucking different.. it's not to "protect" us it's more to tax us more through extra revenue they create through tickets so they have more money to waste and line their pockets.. increased budgets to give their buddies the contract to "fix" the road or whatever so they get a kick back.. fucking bullshit..

with that said law or no law i will always wear my seat belt and my full gear including helmet when riding - it's fucking common sense.. but i also believe that if you or anyone else chooses not for whatever reason i respect that as long as it doesn't raise my insurance when you split your melon on the concrete and become a vegetable.. or fly through the windshield or get taken out by an air bag..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:57 PM   #66
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
i agree - why the fuck is the government our moral compass? half those motherfuckers are child molesters, drug addicts, a lot have felonies and they are our almighty moral compass? the seat belt law is no fucking different.. it's not to "protect" us it's more to tax us more through extra revenue they create through tickets so they have more money to waste and line their pockets.. increased budgets to give their buddies the contract to "fix" the road or whatever so they get a kick back.. fucking bullshit..

with that said law or no law i will always wear my seat belt and my full gear including helmet when riding - it's fucking common sense.. but i also believe that if you or anyone else chooses not for whatever reason i respect that as long as it doesn't raise my insurance when you split your melon on the concrete and become a vegetable.. or fly through the windshield or get taken out by an air bag..
Gosh I've missed you! If it were up to me all seat belt and helmet type laws would be revoked and a law would be written that the ins. cos are not required to pay claims for people not using them.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:59 PM   #67
ducati_atx
Yuppie Prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
If it were up to me all seat belt and helmet type laws would be revoked and a law would be written that the ins. cos are not required to pay claims for people not using them.

you would get my vote (as well as many others... I assume.)
ducati_atx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:19 PM   #68
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Quote:
Gosh I've missed you! If it were up to me all seat belt and helmet type laws would be revoked and a law would be written that the ins. cos are not required to pay claims for people not using them.
missed you too buttercup.. i've been around just been busy and haven't had time to spread the love.. and YES exactly what you said - the government is NOT our moral compass and has no right to impose this bullshit unless but if someone chooses not to take advantage of the safety features available then they forfeit their insurance / ability to collect when they get fucked up..

and DO NOT get me started on insurance of any kind - it's total bullshit.. ok fuck it i will say 2 things and keep it short:

1. Why is it that I get penalized because my wife and I both work full time? So my fucking health insurance won't cover her because she has insurance available to her and her insurance won't cover me because of the same. So now we pay for 2 policies. Bullshit - total double dipping. If I didn't have kids I wouldn't have insurance and I will have my own bank account that would be my insurance - just put the equivalent of the premium in there every month because even when I use my shitty insurance I pay the full amount anyways - it's stupid.

2. Hospitals, insurance companies are scamming us - I just recently found out when I attended my benefits meeting (benefits what a grand word for getting fucked in the ass) and I found out, which I never knew, that part of the money you pay for services covers those that can't pay for services. Don't get me wrong if someone is truly destitute I don't mind helping them. But then there is people like my aunt that swallows 127 vicodin in one day and almost dies. When they ask her for insurance she says I don't have any fuck you. That is bullshit.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:14 PM   #69
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Oh it's all kinds of fun!!! When I had the tumors taken out of my throat last fall,I found out that our deductible is $5000!!! I was like,okay,so the premium that I had been paying for over 10 years went where? It's crazy,to top it off,I was paying about um $160 and my boss was paying about the same or more per month and I had never made any kind of claim!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:19 PM   #70
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Quote:
Oh it's all kinds of fun!!! When I had the tumors taken out of my throat last fall,I found out that our deductible is $5000!!! I was like,okay,so the premium that I had been paying for over 10 years went where? It's crazy,to top it off,I was paying about um $160 and my boss was paying about the same or more per month and I had never made any kind of claim!
exactly - like Chris Rock says it should be called "In Case Shit Happens" - if shit don't happen you should get your money back.. a $5,000 deductible is insane.. mine is $2,500.. so this year I finally get sick and I have a sinus infection.. i go in twice for it for a shot and some pills to kill it off - insurance covers $0 and i cover 100% - good thing i had insurance..

now here is where my plan works - you start a medical savings account - in your case if you put $160 a month in there for 10 years then had your surgery you would have $19,200 in there to pay for it - they would be like insurance card please - and you would be like not necessary i will pay cash - and yes i will take pay per view on my fucking tv and some of those extra strength pain pills you fucking assclown..