Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Southeast Riders > Florida Riders

Old 01-20-2009, 05:41 PM   #61
Riceaholic
High Life Drinker

Moto: 01 GSXR 1000 - Yamaha Zuma 125

Sorry for the delay. Haven't been home much. The dude they caught with the bike is looking at grand theft. I guess they aren't gonna nab him on the B and E on my truck because he's claiming he bought the bike from a black guy named Jackson. (It was a white dude that was on it and the truck was wiped clean of prints.) They key was locked in my truck. That's why there was no ignition damage.

When I went to pick it up the cop had the kid in the car. When he asked me what I wanted to do, I told him I'd drop all charges if he drove around the block for a minute and let me beat the piss out of him. He actually thought about it for a minute too. The dude told the cops he wasn't aware something was shady despite the fact that he bought a heavily modded bike for 2 grand with no title, plate or registration.

As far as security goes, I have about ten feet of tugboat chain running through my GSXR and my V-Max that's chained to a 400 pound steel garage sink that's bolted to the floor for now. And my windowless truck is still parked in front of the door. Thanks to everyone that was keeping a look out while it was gone...
Riceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:46 PM   #62
SoFlaSV
Guinness Bitches...

Moto: '00 SV650

Thanks for the update.

As I said before, you're a very lucky guy. I've seen hundreds of these threads for cars and bikes over the years and you're the first I've seen get his back in tact.
SoFlaSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #63
Riceaholic
High Life Drinker

Moto: 01 GSXR 1000 - Yamaha Zuma 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaSV View Post
Thanks for the update.

As I said before, you're a very lucky guy. I've seen hundreds of these threads for cars and bikes over the years and you're the first I've seen get his back in tact.
Trust me...I know. Theft is getting real bad around Tampa Bay. Three people were home at my house and they still managed to pull this one off. Pretty bold considering I sleep with my 12 gauge next to my bed.
Riceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:23 PM   #64
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

wow. I'm glad you got your bike back. thats only the 2nd bike of about 200 I've heard of stolen in 3 years, that got recovered intact.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:21 PM   #65
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Crazy Story....I find it funny the cop thought about it for a second to kicking the guys ass...Lol