Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 09-11-2008, 11:09 AM   #121
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Air is 78 percent nitrogen. With two bikes, a car, a truck, and an RV, my air compressor gets a good workout.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:44 PM   #122
CW AF 03
Ducatisti

Moto: 1098, Hypermotard S

I used Pilot Powers on my first track day in Oct 06. They felt good, but I wasn't pushing at all. When I started riding track a lot I moved to Power Race. They were good until I started getting faster. The carcass is somewhat soft so I didn't have as much front end feel as I like. I switched to Dunlop 209's and it was night and day! They heat up quick, stick very well, and a predictable when they start sliding. The 211 is just bonkers for a DOT race tire! Ridiculously good for something with tread! When I got my 1098 it came with Supercorsa Pro's that were ok but softer than the Michelins so the bike was very vague mid corner. Those lasted 2 trackdays... Since then, I moved to Dunlop slicks in a 125/75 front and 195/65 rear. Holy crap! They are tall enough that I've ground my toe sliders off, and it's actually hard to get them to break traction. Even on the 1098 the rear hardly ever spins and there is no front end drama no matter how hard I get on the brakes (assuming the rear tire is still on the ground...)

Last edited by CW AF 03; 09-20-2008 at 02:46 PM..
CW AF 03 is offline   Reply With Quote