Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 02-04-2009, 04:55 AM   #21
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

As a passenger I have gone as fast as somewhere in the 160's. This was on the back of a GSXR 1k which is one of the most uncomfortable bikes to ride on as a passenger, IMO.

I love speed and I love twisties. I don't think I'd ever have the figurative balls to do as I rider what I have done as a passenger. Which is the opposite of how most people feel, I know. And also part of the reason I'm a perpetual passenger.
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:01 AM   #22
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2up View Post
As a passenger I have gone as fast as somewhere in the 160's. This was on the back of a GSXR 1k which is one of the most uncomfortable bikes to ride on as a passenger, IMO.

I love speed and I love twisties. I don't think I'd ever have the figurative balls to do as I rider what I have done as a passenger. Which is the opposite of how most people feel, I know. And also part of the reason I'm a perpetual passenger.
how much seat time do you have as the rider?
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:43 AM   #23
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2up View Post

Aside from being the perpetual passenger, I'm about the same way. I love riding with someone I trust who knows how to ride. I've been riding for as long as I can remember as passenger. I'm trying to improve my skills as a rider but it's slow going as I can often be too careful, think too much, and just overall fuck myself in the process.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:19 AM   #24
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

I've had a couple passengers, nothing usually over 100.

As a passenger, probably close to 150-160 with Leon on his Gsxr 1k.

about 130-140 on my ex's ZX9 and his Gsxr 1k

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:22 AM   #25
was92v
Nowhere Man

Top speed? I was thinking curves in my previous post.
2-Up speed is probably 120ish with Little Taz on the back, by myself 160+ on an RF900.
Without a faring to hide behind, 150 +/- 5. That was on a vintage race bike that didn't have a speedo, so it is a calculated guess based on RPM/Gearing/tire dia etc. It was a 1000cc Triple Super-Bike at Road Atlanta before the changes to the back straight. Popping over the hill and down into the cavity was a real attention getter...
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:25 AM   #26
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

The highway speed limit so around here, about 65.

The only person I've ever had on the back of my bike is my wife... when she's on the back, I ride very very conservatively.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:28 AM   #27
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

when we were alot younger, Leon used to do high speed wheelies with me on the back. and I liked it.

Now, well, I still like it, but he won't do it. Lately he has been very "grandpa" like when i get on the back, which isn't very often actually.

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:39 AM   #28
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjakel View Post
when we were alot younger, Leon used to do high speed wheelies with me on the back. and I liked it.

Now, well, I still like it, but he won't do it. Lately he has been very "grandpa" like when i get on the back, which isn't very often actually.
That kinda sucks. I used to love riding wheelies with Wade. I kinda miss it. I'm too chicken shit to do them on my bike intentionally, so about the only way I get to ride wheelies is on the back. All I asked was for him to tap me on the leg to let me know he was going to "do something stupid"

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:19 AM   #29
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
Whats the fastest you've been with a passenger? It could also be rephrased as how close to the limit of your ability do you ride when you got some1 on the back?
I've never carried a passenger (in fact, removing the passenger pegs was one of the first things I did with both bikes I've owned). But back in my pillion days, the fastes I'm aware of was somewhere in the mid 130's. All I can say is NOT FUN... it was a fairly short burst (a few miles) but it was in a pack of 17 bikes, and it resulted in the whole pack getting pulled over (gee, big surprise), because we apparently passed an off-duty cop who called into the sherriff's department in the next county to warn them of our impending arrival.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:29 AM   #30
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
That kinda sucks. I used to love riding wheelies with Wade. I kinda miss it. I'm too chicken shit to do them on my bike intentionally, so about the only way I get to ride wheelies is on the back. All I asked was for him to tap me on the leg to let me know he was going to "do something stupid"
you should look into the wheelie academy, they have speed triples with bars to keep them from flipping
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote