Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 07-16-2009, 09:56 AM   #1
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
"when they run superbike, ill shut my pie hole"- tigger.

Should have got you to put your money where your mouth is...

z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
"when they run superbike, ill shut my pie hole"- tigger.

Should have got you to put your money where your mouth is...

Hey I tried to just go along but damn, you know? Oh well, you're right I'll let it go and see what happens but you have to admit that it's kinda strange.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:01 PM   #3
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I'm going to pretend this is the last thing I will say about this.

Each bike is built for its respective class.

I don't care if its a V8 if its within the rules you have nothing to complain about.

GP is running 800's.. Is a zx10 faster? Or are they built to meet a certain set of rules?

If you cant/refuse to wrap your head around that, then I obviously can't explain anything to you..

Now I'm not calling anyone here in particular a retard, but some days I'm not surprised a keeper or two doesn't log on to apologize for not supervising you a little better.

These bikes are made to meet the rules of their specific class. If that is hard to understand, then I just don't know what else to say..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
I'm going to pretend this is the last thing I will say about this.

Each bike is built for its respective class.

I don't care if its a V8 if its within the rules you have nothing to complain about.

GP is running 800's.. Is a zx10 faster? Or are they built to meet a certain set of rules?

If you cant/refuse to wrap your head around that, then I obviously can't explain anything to you..

Now I'm not calling anyone here in particular a retard, but some days I'm not surprised a keeper or two doesn't log on to apologize for not supervising you a little better.

These bikes are made to meet the rules of their specific class. If that is hard to understand, then I just don't know what else to say..
The 800 is a much different animal with a purpose built engine. The 1000cc bikes are tweaked production bikes. Much much different circumstances.

A 1125cc production motor vs a 600cc production motor is a retarded difference and you know it, however your buell bias is completely blinding the retardation of the notion of this.

It's still sad that this was even a viable option for Buell. They would of gotten much more respect if this 1125rr was entered into the superbike competition without ever setting foot in the 600cc class.

DMG is a shitty organization with really stupid fucking ideas. It's evidenced by the shithole AMA has become since they took over. It's sad that you are even debating this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #5
Rider
Moto GP Star

Don't they have to make X number of street legal production bikes for the 1125RR to run in the superbike class? Remember the Yamaha R7? Yamaha was forced to make a limited production street legal version to be able to race them. So is DMG overlooking this rule?
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:19 PM   #6
shmike
Follower

Quote:

And that is where you went wrong.

Most of the bikes were built with a specific class in mind (125's, 250's, 600's, 1000's, etc.)

Buell built a bike and then the rules were made to accomodate it.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Dude.. I think my bike is slow as fuck. I have absolutely no buell bias. If I gave a shit about being fast I would trade it in yesterday.

I care about the enjoyment of the ride and having power where and when in the powerband that I need it.

I think its cool that the manufacturer of my slow street bike is getting everybody pissed off when they run the stock version against the 600s and complain that they can't run with the 1000s.

Then when they DO produce something to run against the 1000s they find something else to complain about.

What's stopping one of you from buying a 2003 gsxr1000 strapping a turbo on and having something that would destroy the superbike field without a bit of problem? Oh right.. The rules..

You make it sound as if buell is burning the American flag. You're so down on anything that's not in your narrow field of vision that you refuse to see things for what they are and instead see them for what they aren't.
The buell is not made to run in that class, it was forced into that class by a shitty organization.

I am not complaining about them running with the 1000s. They are finally going where they belong even though they are still bending the rules to fit them in there.

This is nothing to do with Buell. Buell is taking advantage of what they are given and more power to them for that. This is against DMG. DMG is a shitty org and I want them gone from moto racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
And that is where you went wrong.

Most of the bikes were built with a specific class in mind (125's, 250's, 600's, 1000's, etc.)

Buell built a bike and then the rules were made to accomodate it.
exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:43 PM   #8
SteveP
Canyon Carver

Moto: The v-twin trifecta

So this bike is street legal? Such a joke.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/souperPoll
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:44 PM   #9
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
So this bike is street legal? Such a joke.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/souperPoll
Poll fail.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:17 PM   #10
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Dude.. I think my bike is slow as fuck. I have absolutely no buell bias. If I gave a shit about being fast I would trade it in yesterday.

I care about the enjoyment of the ride and having power where and when in the powerband that I need it.

I think its cool that the manufacturer of my slow street bike is getting everybody pissed off when they run the stock version against the 600s and complain that they can't run with the 1000s.

Then when they DO produce something to run against the 1000s they find something else to complain about.

What's stopping one of you from buying a 2003 gsxr1000 strapping a turbo on and having something that would destroy the superbike field without a bit of problem? Oh right.. The rules..

You make it sound as if buell is burning the American flag. You're so down on anything that's not in your narrow field of vision that you refuse to see things for what they are and instead see them for what they aren't.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote