Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-24-2014, 10:32 AM   #1
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...
Default Anybody screw around with air rifles?

I just ordered a Benjamin NP2 and some pellets and shit for Christmas...

Started looking into these things a couple of weeks ago and was blown away by how far shit's come... Crazy power coming out of these things...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:27 AM   #2
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

Moto: KLR650

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I just ordered a Benjamin NP2 and some pellets and shit for Christmas...

Started looking into these things a couple of weeks ago and was blown away by how far shit's come... Crazy power coming out of these things...
I've got the Gamo Whisper Fusion. I chose it over the Pro version because for some stupid reason the regular fusion has the adjustable comb but, the Pro does not. The pro is 100fps faster but, who cares!? I use the crosman 10.5grain pellets for target shooting but, I have a can of the SSP pellets for shits and giggles when people come over and see it for the first time! They don't expect that sonic crack from an air rifle!
Don't hold it like a regular rifle! You want it to be able to float back and forth. Otherwise, your accuracy will be all over the place!
I believe yours is a gas piston (NP= Nitro Piston). That's a good thing! Much smoother! If you get a scope MAKE SURE you get one that's rated for air rifles! Air rifles destroy scopes! When I replaced my scope for a better one, the pin (1/8" dia.) had dug a trench from the shock of the firing cycle!!! Post some pics! Oh, walmart has some pretty nice active targets for under $20!
Turbo Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:11 AM   #3
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost View Post
I've got the Gamo Whisper Fusion. I chose it over the Pro version because for some stupid reason the regular fusion has the adjustable comb but, the Pro does not. The pro is 100fps faster but, who cares!? I use the crosman 10.5grain pellets for target shooting but, I have a can of the SSP pellets for shits and giggles when people come over and see it for the first time! They don't expect that sonic crack from an air rifle!
Don't hold it like a regular rifle! You want it to be able to float back and forth. Otherwise, your accuracy will be all over the place!
I believe yours is a gas piston (NP= Nitro Piston). That's a good thing! Much smoother! If you get a scope MAKE SURE you get one that's rated for air rifles! Air rifles destroy scopes! When I replaced my scope for a better one, the pin (1/8" dia.) had dug a trench from the shock of the firing cycle!!! Post some pics! Oh, walmart has some pretty nice active targets for under $20!
Yeah, it's a gas piston... and it comes with a scope. I hear the scope sucks, but if I get into this a little more, I'm going to probably go with a PCP setup... like a Benjamin Marauder or something.

Interesting note on the artillery hold... this particular gun, for some reason or another, actually doesn't work well with the loose hold from what I've read. We'll see though... should be here on Friday.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:02 PM   #4
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

Oh yeah! The factory scope sucked hairy, sweaty, blistered donkey balls! I couldn't believe how horrible it was! I need to get mine out and get it sighted in. I really want to get a couple of the loading and setting pens. Makes it a little easier when shooting and more accurate.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:46 AM   #5
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I got a couple beeman and a gamo .177 that shoots super sonic pellets. I like shooting that one just to hear the crack.

Even though the .22 is slower, it does a better job. Every time I use .177 the accuracy just isnt there or it goes right through the target and they get away.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 09:11 AM   #6
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Put 249 down over the weekend... dropped one lol...

Got it roughly sighted in and it's pretty awesome. Seems like it does indeed like a light hold... I wouldn't say loose as normally described, but certainly not firm. Putting out quarter-sized groups at 20 yards with the shittiest pellets I could find (just to break it in). I'll work on tightening things up this weekend with some quality pellets.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:22 AM   #7
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

I bought my pellets through airgundepot which is also where I bought my rifle. They had a deal of buy 7 get 1 free so, I bought 7 cans of Crosman 10.5 grain pellets and one can of the Crosman SSP pellets. I'm good on pellets for a while! The 10.5 grain pellets (IMO) are more stable and consistent. The SSP's aren't much good for any distance but, they are fun to hear!
Old 12-01-2014, 01:17 PM   #8
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
I bought my pellets through airgundepot which is also where I bought my rifle. They had a deal of buy 7 get 1 free so, I bought 7 cans of Crosman 10.5 grain pellets and one can of the Crosman SSP pellets. I'm good on pellets for a while! The 10.5 grain pellets (IMO) are more stable and consistent. The SSP's aren't much good for any distance but, they are fun to hear!
Pyramydair.com does buy 3, get 1 free... and other good deals.

The ones I ran were Gamo Hunters... but I have a bunch of different JSB's... a sampler of four different styles/weights (13.4 to 25.4gr!) and a big tin of their Diable Exact Jumbos - 15.89gr...

Mine's in .22 though... I assume yours is .177?
Old 12-02-2014, 09:11 AM   #9
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

Yeah, I went with the .177. Plenty of available ammo and I'm not going to be hunting so, no need to go big. The main reason I bought it is there's nowhere to shoot for free nearby anymore so, I can get my fix in the yard quietly without causing problems.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:41 AM   #10
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Yeah, I went with the .177. Plenty of available ammo and I'm not going to be hunting so, no need to go big. The main reason I bought it is there's nowhere to shoot for free nearby anymore so, I can get my fix in the yard quietly without causing problems.
Yep, that's the reason I got mine... cheap as hell to shoot and scratches that itch... all in the comforts of my back yard.