Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Dirt

Old 02-22-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1
Default First race of 2011

Ran in the Bad Boys of Racing Arenacross in Belton this past Saturday night.

Never ridden or even fired a bike up inside a building much less race on dirt inside. VERY different than riding or even racing outdoors. The jumps are no joke even if they were from 3ft to 8ft tall. They shaped everything VERY sharply and tight as they had limited room to work with but then again that's what Arenacross is all about.

I raced 2 classes - 250F C Novice and 450 C Novice. The small bikes are allowed in the bigger classes due to the size constraints of the course and the reality that more power won't get you any further than the next corner. Not a huge turnout for most of the classes, the pro's and B Intermediate classes had 3 people each. My 250 C had 10 riders, the biggest class of the night, and the 450 had 7.

Went 7th in the 250 heat, and 4th in the 450 heat and finished 8th in the 250 Main and 5th in the 450 Main after my good friend who came to race with me took me down. He went for a double and I went for a blocking line and he landed on the back of my bike. I thought I broke my thumb and rib but I just have nasty bruises and a mark where the handlebar drug down my torso. Despite the injuries I had an awesome time and I can't wait to get some more experience outdoors to have another go at the indoor racing.

Here's some pics and a video of pro's and truck mud racing that was held that night...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBQSB7hdV54

Last edited by TYEster; 02-22-2011 at 10:49 PM..
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
shmike
Follower

Congrats!

That looks like a crazy tight course.

Was number 697 in the video riding in short sleeves? What an animal!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Congrats!

That looks like a crazy tight course.

Was number 697 in the video riding in short sleeves? What an animal!
I thought we had a tight, low tier MX course here that was very arena style, I was way wrong... 10ft of landing room is far easier to setup for a turn than the 5ft in this place.

And ya it was short sleeves. When it hits 100deg here, you'll see guys just wearing the "freestyle" shorts with boots and a roost protector.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote