Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Dirt

Old 01-24-2011, 09:20 AM   #1
CasterTroy

Default 22yr old bike Bargain priced

@ $37,000 buy it now

Link Here

Quote:
believe it or not there is some interest in this bike.. here on ebay.. lots of opinions.. not a whole lot but a few..

i need to say that if i was going to pay this much for an item like this i would first off put my hands on it and my eyes on it...

IF YOU THINK ITS OVER PRICED JUST MOVE ON.. I KNOW WHAT IM DOING... IVE BEEN OFFERED 26,OOO FOR IT LIKE IT IS... THE VALUE OF AN ITEM IS BASED ON WHAT SOMEONE IS WILLING TO GIVE FOR IT AND WHAT IT TAKE TO GET IT... THATS IT.. BLUE BOOK MEANS NOTHING.. PEOPLE THAT THINK THEY KNOW BETTER THERE OPINION IS JUST THAT...
THE ARE SILLY PEOPLE THAT PAY MILLIONS OF DOLLARS FOR STUPID PAINTING.. YOU KNOW PAINT ON CANVAS..COLLECTOR ITEM ARE NO DIFFERENT.. I DONT CARE WHAT IT IS..

this bike is collector quality!! this bike is MUSEUM quality!!

it cost more than 4000 to do a restoration one a bike like this.

if it was in the crate it would go for over 30k.. ive been offered 26k for this bike...
and no i dont think it going to bring 45k... its just a buy it now price..

im guessing it will go in the low 30k range.. lets just see what happens.. and im not trying to be mean or rude if you send me your opinion... opinions dont matter in most things... what is, is...

its not meant to be sold to anyone other than a collector.

this bike has never been started. it was built as a collector item. it is ready to be started and all it needs is gas and trans oil and anti-freeze. you should be good to go. oh and brake fluid needs to be added.

this bike just gets more valuable every year. there will come a day that it will be worth 100,000 dollars. if left in this condition.

i wouldn't ride it... but if you buy it you can do what you want.

99%mint condition restoration.. this bike is museum quality... concourse correct... i started this project in may 2010... finished before thanksgiving...this bike is completely restored AND never started.. i only did a top end on the motor and NOT a bottom end..the bottom end is in very good shape and didnt need anything..it has been bored first over... all new seals and gaskets...it was a major rebuild project...almost new everything..some parts are form other 500s... lots of the parts are brand new honda part...all new ufo plastic.. powder coated frame.. excel rims new spokes new chain and sprockets and rotors all new well bearings.. swingarm bearings linkage bearings...the radiators are 95% mint condition they came off a newer model 99 cr500.. the fuel tank is an original 89 oem used but in near perfect condition... new procircuit exhaust pipe...michelin tires... the fork tubes have some small nicks and a few marks for use over the years but nothing major... i thought about changing them but decided not they look fine.. it adds some character to it.. sence this pic i have put the pro-link decal on the swingarm.

( CLEARITY) BELIEVE IT OR NOT SOMEONE DIDNT UNDERSTAND WHAT I SAID ABOUT THE MOTOR BEING RESTORED AND NOT STARTED AFTER IT WAS REBUILT... I THOUGHT I WAS CLEAR ON THIS.. SORRY IF I WAS NOT.. RESTORATION MEAN THE PUT SOMETHING BACK IN ORIGINAL CONDITION.. MEANING AT ONE TIME THE ITEM WAS IN USE OR HAD BEEN USED..

lots of other stuff to talk about... you can ask me what ever and if your interested i can call you and talk about the bike and i can get alot more pics and detailed shots of the bike.

i do plan to put more pic on here i just got to gt them to this comp

my email is chrismcwaters at yahoo i can email you lots of pics from the process

if your a serious buyer ill be glad to talk to you... if your just wanting to talk about the bike dont contact me

shipping... hmm... ill work in anyway possible to get you the bike if shipping it is a must... id suggest you come get it... if you can afford it you shouldn't have a problem taking the time to pick it up...
Old 01-24-2011, 09:27 AM   #2
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Whatta moron.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:28 AM   #3
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

I have a Kit-Kat bar, unused, in the original wrapper. It's worth at LEAST a million dollars, maybe more to the right collector.

Maybe he'll take a trade...

JC
Old 01-24-2011, 09:42 AM   #4
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
this bike is completely restored AND never started
Soooo someone monkeyed around with the motor and then never checked to see if it even works? Brilliant.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #5
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

I like how he took all that time explaining what idiots we are, and one sentence for why it is worth that much ($4000 invested in this "restoration".)

What an idiot. By that justification, when I sold my 748, I should have been able to get $37,000 out of it too! Oh wait, I started it up before I sold it. Nevermind!

Moron...
Old 01-24-2011, 09:58 AM   #6
CasterTroy

Had to send him this:

Quote:
I too am curious as to why such a high asking price. I've read your description, and it reads much like a 5yr olds reasoning for selling $25 lemonade on the corner. I've also read the replies to your questions. But still, no actual answer for why you feel compelled to price this (neither so rare, nor collectible) bike at such an ambitious level. Was it originally ridden by Elvis, and then restored by JFK with the help of Soichiro Honda himself? Or was the paint used, actually blood from the afterbirth of Justin Beiber?
Old 01-24-2011, 10:08 AM   #7
shmike
Follower

Can't blame him for trying to get the most money for his bike.

He should have taken the $26k offer and run.

I saw a 250R (ATC) on ebay with a $45k reserve. Not sure what ever came of it.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:24 AM   #8
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I have a Kit-Kat bar, unused, in the original wrapper. It's worth at LEAST a million dollars, maybe more to the right collector.

Maybe he'll take a trade...

JC
Needs to be rebuilt. Eat it and then shit it back in the original wrapper. The value will soar
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:00 AM   #9
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Someone needs to make a real offer of $800, that's what it looks worth from my side of the screen. Unless I'm missing something, this bike isn't historic, original, rare or anything else like that, is it? Also it was rebuilt to original condition with non factory parts? Then never started?
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:07 PM   #10
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Needs to be rebuilt. Eat it and then shit it back in the original wrapper. The value will soar

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote